Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    This was drawn by my friend Jermaine Dickerson.

https://www.imjayhero.com/
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I really like how the whole armor has a lioness head design to it. It's a really good way of putting in her animal motif without doing the typical eagle double W thing.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I really like how the whole armor has a lioness head design to it. It's a really good way of putting in her animal motif without doing the typical eagle double W thing.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Nubia supposed to be the Queen of Themyscira? then why doesn't she wear the Themysciran insignia? That's like having Supergirl wear something other than the House of El family crest
    Last edited by VonHammersmark; 07-21-2022 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Nubia supposed to be the Queen of Themyscira? then why doesn't she wear the Themysciran insignia? That's like having Supergirl wear something other than the House of El family crest
    Hippolyta didn't, generally speaking. Diana wears something eagle like / =w= as champion , based upon insignias from the uniforms from Trevor ( either Diana Trevor or Steve, depending upon continuity)

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Hippolyta didn't, generally speaking. Diana wears something eagle like / =w= as champion , based upon insignias from the uniforms from Trevor ( either Diana Trevor or Steve, depending upon continuity)
    You’re right come to think of it, but I still want all the Wonder Woman spin-off characters and the Wonder Woman Universe to have its own, unique visual language that’s not just the plain old ancient greek aesthetic, that’s all

My headcanon is something like the Historia origin, where the symbol was Antiope's war paint. Doesn't seem right for them to adopt American iconography, especially now that Diana Trevor has been retconned out.

You’re right come to think of it, but I still want all the Wonder Woman spin-off characters and the Wonder Woman Universe to have its own, unique visual language that’s not just the plain old ancient greek aesthetic, that’s all
    Oh I think there's a VERY distinct visual language to the Amazons' armor, or at least one has emerged within the last several years. Just look at the common elements - the color scheme (red, black, blue, gold, and white/silver), the bodices with metal plating, the stars on their foreheads, the tiaras, the armored knee-high boots, the metal adornments (e.g. gold arm/thigh wraps), the eagle and lion iconography, obviously the bracers, etc.

Individual elements are ancient Greek-inspired and their casual wear is often loosely toga-ish, but the armor is very distinctly comic booky and specifically DC Amazon-y. I loooove the style.

And of course I'm using Joelle Jones art as examples. Because if there's one thing she's gonna do, it's draw gorgeous women wearing gorgeous armor.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Oh I think there's a VERY distinct visual language to the Amazons' armor, or at least one has emerged within the last several years. Just look at the common elements - the color scheme (red, black, blue, gold, and white/silver), the bodices with metal plating, the stars on their foreheads, the tiaras, the armored knee-high boots, the metal adornments (e.g. gold arm/thigh wraps), the eagle and lion iconography, obviously the bracers, etc.

Individual elements are ancient Greek-inspired and their casual wear is often loosely toga-ish, but the armor is very distinctly comic booky and specifically DC Amazon-y. I loooove the style.

And of course I'm using Joelle Jones art as examples. Because if there's one thing she's gonna do, it's draw gorgeous women wearing gorgeous armor.

See, to me Nubia just looks a bit off-brand. This look, beautiful though it is, desperately needs some stars and/or a double-w, instead all that intricate metalwork, I think they should keep it simple as well. Leave the armoured plated boots and fine decorative metalwork to the movie adaptations

But maybe that’s just me, I do tend to like a more cartoonish style. I like the spandex and metal that conforms to the body like fabric, the classic striped boots and all that

See, to me Nubia just looks a bit off-brand. This look, beautiful though it is, desperately needs some stars and/or a double-w, instead all that intricate metalwork, I think they should keep it simple as well. Leave the armoured plated boots and fine decorative metalwork to the movie adaptations

But maybe that’s just me, I do tend to like a more cartoonish style. I like the spandex and metal that conforms to the body like fabric, the classic striped boots and all that
    I'm the opposite . I really prefer Diana to have those elements, but most of the wonders aren't direct Wonders ( Cassie and Yara being the exception, and therefore they can utilize those elements )

Nubia, Artemis, Donna ( who does use stars) should be mostly visually their own thing. As others have mentioned, there are cohesive and intrinsically "Amazonian" elements to the look of their armor. But beyond that, I don't need a bunch of WW clone looks for everyone. Diana, as champion, should have her own unique vibe.

From Stephanie Williams's Twitter: https://twitter.com/Steph_I_Will/sta...27733006909440

Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    From Stephanie Williams's Twitter: https://twitter.com/Steph_I_Will/sta...27733006909440

Hello Mr. Jones, I know you are friends with the creative team and I just wanted to ask if there were any inklings about what could be in the cards in terms of any future follow up? Marie Javins really seems to appreciate and understand the importance of Nubia (and the greater Wonder world) so I'm hoping this bodes well for Nubia! Her time in the spotlight this past year or so has been nothing but lovely and well-appreciated, and I really like how the creative team has simultaneously tied her close to the Amazons while giving her plenty of independence in her own mythos. This is protagonist development done right!

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Hello Mr. Jones, I know you are friends with the creative team and I just wanted to ask if there were any inklings about what could be in the cards in terms of any future follow up? Marie Javins really seems to appreciate and understand the importance of Nubia (and the greater Wonder world) so I'm hoping this bodes well for Nubia! Her time in the spotlight this past year or so has been nothing but lovely and well-appreciated, and I really like how the creative team has simultaneously tied her close to the Amazons while giving her plenty of independence in her own mythos. This is protagonist development done right!
    From what I understand, DC is super-committed to Nubia, and Wonder Woman's world in general. So don't be surprised if there are announcements coming in the next couple of months.

Nubia, Artemis, Donna ( who does use stars) should be mostly visually their own thing. As others have mentioned, there are cohesive and intrinsically "Amazonian" elements to the look of their armor. But beyond that, I don't need a bunch of WW clone looks for everyone. Diana, as champion, should have her own unique vibe.
    I just want Donna's halter neck stardust suit to come back

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    From what I understand, DC is super-committed to Nubia, and Wonder Woman's world in general. So don't be surprised if there are announcements coming in the next couple of months.
    Praying that this means a Nubia ongoing is in the pipeline. And a story that actually lets the entire Wonder-fam interact without fighting each other.

By Dexter Soy and Veronica Gandini: https://twitter.com/dextersoy/status...27743645179909

As much as I like Nubia's new origin as this reincarnated Madagascar(ian?) princess, I do miss the twin sister of Diana too. I know she came from the well of souls at the same time as Diana but being really close to Diana is something that really attracted me to her. I know there is a way to keep the twin sister route and have this new origin for her. I just really want to see Diana interact more with Nubia, dive into their connected creations, possibly give Nubia back that title of Diana's physical equal, etc...
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor