Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Nubia in WW: Historia by Phil Jimenez and Nichola Scott.

Gonna be honest, hate the hair here.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Gonna be honest, hate the hair here.
    I hate the entire [over]design of many of the amazons in this book.

Fantastic Member

This is a Nubia Appreciation Thread. It is meant to discuss what you like, not what you don't like. Please stick to the topic. Thanks, y'all.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

There's a difference between hating a character and not being a fan of a look on the character.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    There's a difference between hating a character and not being a fan of a look on the character.
    I didn't say anything about hating.

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    I didn't say anything about hating.
    So rheir comments should be fine for an appreciation thread. They appreciate Nubia, just not that look.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    So rheir comments should be fine for an appreciation thread. They appreciate Nubia, just not that look.
    If "appreciate" means talking about what a person doesn't like about something, then you and I have two different definitions of appreciate.

But go awf, I guess.

A Nubia that doesn't sound like Nubia in this not-so-good DC Pride story.

NUBIA 6.jpgWe Need a Queen Nubia Ongoing Diana's Family doesn't have no Ongoing on Mini's in this this New Dawn of DC and on the other hand her Male TRINITY (Clark n Bruce) co eds have several.let's give her tribe the same attention.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    If "appreciate" means talking about what a person doesn't like about something, then you and I have two different definitions of appreciate.

But go awf, I guess.
    Appreciation threads aren't limited to only what you like about a character. There is room for discussion and disagreement. I think your definition of an appreciation thread is too narrow.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Appreciation threads aren't limited to only what you like about a character. There is room for discussion and disagreement. I think your definition of an appreciation thread is too narrow.
    The board moderators' views must be narrow too then because they regularly remove negative criticism from appreciation threads.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    NUBIA 6.jpgWe Need a Queen Nubia Ongoing Diana's Family doesn't have no Ongoing on Mini's in this this New Dawn of DC and on the other hand her Male TRINITY (Clark n Bruce) co eds have several.let's give her tribe the same attention.
    This is so true. A Nubia ongoing can show the vast responsibilities of being Queen of Themyscira in the current DC world. With 2 other tribes being active, the Amazons are now more diverse and numerous then ever before. I would love some political drama/turmoil between Themyscira and other DC nations like Khandaq, Atlantis, Gorilla City, and even Feithera.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I feel like being Queen is too limiting for the character. I want to see her as Themsycira's ambassador; dealing with how the rest of the world views her and the Amazons, settling disputes and teaming up with other heroes.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I feel like being Queen is too limiting for the character. I want to see her as Themsycira's ambassador; dealing with how the rest of the world views her and the Amazons, settling disputes and teaming up with other heroes.
    I agree. I think writers believe her being Queen is the only way to have others respect her and give her higher vaiue.