Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Based off the below I assume we'll getting another Nubia book later in the year:

https://twitter.com/whatthe_shea/sta...59516128763918

I’m really loving all of the positive comments about Nubia I’ve been seeing. I really look forward to an ongoing starring Nubia. I lol forward to seeing her origin. I wonder what will it be about?

Yeah, its a delightfully positive example of what 'pushed by the EIC' can do for a character. Past leaders of DC would do this all the time where if they had a favorite you would start seeing a big push on multiple fronts to include them in stuff and give them a chance to shine. Between the two YA OGNs, the first mini series, this coronation special, and her inclusion in so much marketing. Im certain Nubia is here to stay

Yes, it wonderful to finally have an EIC who cares about WW characters and mythology. Hopefully the next few years are fruitful for WW fans.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Covers from the new Special

On an unrelated note, the Medusa storyline sounds so rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Covers from the new Special

Hahaha, I love the sneakers with gold trim!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    God I honestly really like how good this last year has been for Nubia.
    I hope her popularity eventually leads to a "Nubia & The Amazons" film because that'd be fucking rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I hope her popularity eventually leads to a "Nubia & The Amazons" film because that'd be fucking rad.
    Quoted for Truth! No Lasso needed
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I love Nubia getting this big push. Along with Circe, she's definitely Kanigher's most enduring legacy for the WW mythos. Glad the people in charge are finally seeing her value.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

NubiaSelene.jpg

I'm eager to see what role Nubia plays in Historia, though I'd prefer she not be one of the founding Amazons and instead be Diana's sister/part of her generation.

But either way, I'm totally on board with her having a lioness as a familiar. We only have one image, but I want Selene to forever be a package deal with Nubia.

Amazing Member

I'm so excited that Nubia will be the permanent Queen.
    Does this mean that Diana will loose her royal status as princess of Themyscira?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas71 View Post
    Does this mean that Diana will loose her royal status as princess of Themyscira?
    Id say no unless Nubia strips her of her title. Though not like Diana being a Princess is played up that often apart from mocking her.

Hmm...Come to think of it, I kinda struggle to think of a period where the princess status actually mattered.
    During Marstons era Hippolyta was certainly treated like royalty, but Diana was treated like anyone else. Had friends, was learning under an Amazonian doctor, and generally just being an Amazon.

As far as I can recall, the only times the princess status becomes relevant is either in elseworlds where Hippolyta dies, or that story by Jiminez where the monarchy was dismantled. Which makes sense what with Hippolyta being immortal and there being no need for a succession.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Hmm...Come to think of it, I kinda struggle to think of a period where the princess status actually mattered.
    During Marstons era Hippolyta was certainly treated like royalty, but Diana was treated like anyone else. Had friends, was learning under an Amazonian doctor, and generally just being an Amazon.

As far as I can recall, the only times the princess status becomes relevant is either in elseworlds where Hippolyta dies, or that story by Jiminez where the monarchy was dismantled. Which makes sense what with Hippolyta being immortal and there being no need for a succession.
    I think the major thing is just her room being in a "palace" lol

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas71 View Post
    I think Diana should give up her royal status as princess. She never wanted to be the next queen in the first place.