Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Well, Tim obviously saw Cass as Batman back in Red Robin. Soooooo... the only way skirting the point is do what Damion Scott did which was when he wrote/drew that alternate future story with the two. He called them the Batt.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Mighty Member

I think this convo has run it's course so on to a new topic.

The concept of Slade trying to recruit Cass as his protege COULD have made a good story as it had some interesting themes to deal with and one day I'd like to see it done properly but I HATE how it went about as it ultimately was a story for Tim and not Cass and lead to some really bad character assasination. Not sure what's worse that they made Cass a murderer or a creepy yandere for Tim. Also I hate how we never see her pay Slade pack for what he did on her own terms.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    That is true. But in our day and age we've moved past "man" being used to mean human as back then the reason they used man in such a manner was due to patriarchy and thinking men (white men more specifically) were the pinnacle of what a true human and are the true members of the human species while women were just seen as incomplete versions of men or someother dehumanzing status.
    Batman is an IP. A very iconic and valuable one at that. Any heir to the Batman wishing to take over from Bruce and have books published will have to assume the Batman mantle.

Batman in story is a symbol in Gotham that stands for something. If Cass understands and respects that then I don't see why she'd have an issue going by Batman. The gender behind the cowl is irrelevant. Cass is fighting crime not the patriarchy.

Not to mention since there's already a recognised Batwoman in Gotham. Cass if she really wants the gender specific title might as well become Kate's heir.
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-20-2022 at 01:50 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Batman is an IP. A very iconic and valuable one at that. Any heir to the Batman wishing to take over from Bruce and have books published will have to assume the Batman mantle.

Batman in story is a symbol in Gotham that stands for something. If Cass understands and respects that then I don't see why she'd have an issue going by Batman. The gender behind the cowl is irrelevant. Cass is fighting crime not the patriarchy.

Not to mention since there's already a recognised Batwoman in Gotham. Cass if she really wants the gender specific title might as well become Kate's heir.
    Yeah I see what you mean but the title 'Batman' assumes a gender behind the cowl in our modern language and isn't irrevelant. If the point is make gender irrevelant then just use a gender-neutral term or call yourself the Bat. Just trying to needlessly misapply what man signififies is pointless and falls down a slippery slope where it becomes a meaningless term if someone who is a woman and clearly presents themselves as such calls themselves that.

Also plenty of heroes use the same identities so.........

Like I said this discussion has run it's course and now are just going back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    Well, Tim obviously saw Cass as Batman back in Red Robin. Soooooo... the only way skirting the point is do what Damion Scott did which was when he wrote/drew that alternate future story with the two. He called them the Batt.
    I am not familiar with he alternate future story that Damion did. Do you know what book/issue# that was in??

Quote Originally Posted by omnipotentimpotent View Post
    I am not familiar with he alternate future story that Damion did. Do you know what book/issue# that was in??
    Solo #10

It has two Cass tales by Damion Scott in it. The first is Cass training Steph-Robin when it goes array. The other is the Batt story with Cass/Tim.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Solo #10

It has two Cass tales by Damion Scott in it. The first is Cass training Steph-Robin when it goes array. The other is the Batt story with Cass/Tim.
    Thank you!

So it looks like being killed by her daughter is considered to be a fear or nightmare scenario for Shiva. Little Phantom-Cass cameo in latest Urban Legends.So it looks like being killed by her daughter is considered to be a fear or nightmare scenario for Shiva. Little Phantom-Cass cameo in latest Urban Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    So it looks like being killed by her daughter is considered to be a fear or nightmare scenario for Shiva. Little Phantom-Cass cameo in latest Urban Legends.So it looks like being killed by her daughter is considered to be a fear or nightmare scenario for Shiva. Little Phantom-Cass cameo in latest Urban Legends.
    Well, yeah, I guess because she knows Cass could do it but I thought that was something she looked forward too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, yeah, I guess because she knows Cass could do it but I thought that was something she looked forward too.
    Not anymore. Shiva has gotten over her death wish. Bruce helped her with that in another Batman: Urban Legends story by the same writer which came out one year ago actually.

Not anymore. Shiva has gotten over her death wish. Bruce helped her with that in another Batman: Urban Legends story by the same writer which came out one year ago actually.
    Oh...that makes it even weirder then.

So... DC has now made the AAPI variant Batgirls cover for this month a shirt.

So... DC has now made the AAPI variant Batgirls cover for this month a shirt.
    It's a nice shirt .

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Sketch by Mille Bee.

MilleBee.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Sketch by Mille Bee.

MilleBee.jpg
    Good-looking serious Cass .