Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    So wait, am I reading this right. YJ is setting it up that Cass's origin is going to be tied to Bans paralyzation?
    Correct, and they did so poorly.

Cass tried to kill Joker with a knife, but Babs jumped in the way.

Seeing that, for some reason, Cass switched sides.

Because reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Correct, and they did so poorly.

Cass tried to kill Joker with a knife, but Babs jumped in the way.

Because reasons?
    They definitely didn't set it up or develop it as well as they could have (which is nothing new for the show).

A lot of their Cass ideas feel a little half-baked and limiting for the character.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    The true step in the right direction would her becoming Batgirl in the universe.
    I think the emphasis on her relationship with Barbara is pointing towards that. It would be neat if she showed up as Batgirl around Nightwing's arc.

Because reasons?
    It was supposed to be Cass's first kill, and likely the first time she seriously injured anyone. In the comics, her strong focus on body language overwhelmed her when she first killed someone, which shocked her into never killing again. It's not said out loud, but I think the flashback was visualizing that by highlighting Cass and Barbara in blue and everything and everyone else graying out after she strikes Barbara.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Cass becoming Batgirl would be as cool as Jason Todd actually becoming Red Hood instead of Ninja Boy Jr.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    It was supposed to be Cass's first kill, and likely the first time she seriously injured anyone. In the comics, her strong focus on body language overwhelmed her when she first killed someone, which shocked her into never killing again. It's not said out loud, but I think the flashback was visualizing that by highlighting Cass and Barbara in blue and everything and everyone else graying out after she strikes Barbara.
    ...except that she didn't kill Babs. Maimed sure, but she was still kicking (err...).

There's no given reason why Cass would be so impacted by hurting her, either

I think the emphasis on her relationship with Barbara is pointing towards that. It would be neat if she showed up as Batgirl around Nightwing's arc.
    I'd love that, especially so they can stop calling her "Orphan," but I'd also be disappointed to see something so major to her character get relegated to off-screen like a lot of stuff on the show.

Mighty Member

...except that she didn't kill Babs. Maimed sure, but she was still kicking (err...).

There's no given reason why Cass would be so impacted by hurting her, either
    Which is why I mentioned it would make sense if this was the first time she seriously wounded someone. Barbara would be in prolonged pain and due to Cass's unique upbringing, that pain would be shared, which is visually hinted by the scene's colors after the strike. I'd argue it's nowhere as impactful as Cass actually killing someone, but the basics are still there.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

I think in general that whole thing needed to breathe more than it did, but that's the nature of flashbacks and having to incorporate a characters' whole deal in short breadths of screentime.

Ultimate Member

Which is why I mentioned it would make sense if this was the first time she seriously wounded someone. Barbara would be in prolonged pain and due to Cass's unique upbringing, that pain would be shared, which is visually hinted by the scene's colors after the strike. I'd argue it's nowhere as impactful as Cass actually killing someone, but the basics are still there.
    I'd find that hard to track given that she's a teenager and this is supposed to be her final test.

And we really don't know what her ability to read body language is, do we? Be nice if she had an active role in the damn story, sigh...

I'd find that hard to track given that she's a teenager and this is supposed to be her final test.

And we really don't know what her ability to read body language is, do we? Be nice if she had an active role in the damn story, sigh...
    What does her being a teenager have to do with anything?

I believe they've hinted strongly at her body reading abilities, but yeah, they could be more clear.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-05-2022 at 06:30 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What does her being a teenager have to do with anything?

I believe they've hinted strongly at her body reading abilities, but yeah, they could be more clear.
    She'd be older and more mature, compared to a child just witnessing a terrible act.

And logically, this might be her first kill, but I can't buy that it's the first time that she's severely hurt someone.

I still don't get why she can't be Black Bat. Yeah its adding a color to the name but it worked for Tim, why not her?

Also giving her David's Moniker is just wrong.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I still don't get why she can't be Black Bat. Yeah its adding a color to the name but it worked for Tim, why not her?

Also giving her David's Moniker is just wrong.
    Because DC can't copyright it.

She'd be older and more mature, compared to a child just witnessing a terrible act.

And logically, this might be her first kill, but I can't buy that it's the first time that she's severely hurt someone.
    Keep in mind she's a teenager, not an adult woman. She is still growing and changing as a person.

So I just discovered this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLD9lfqpuHo

Ballad of Cassandra Cain (2020).
    Written and Sung by Ella Jay Basco (actress who plays Cassandra in the Birds of Prey film).

Cass has a officially produced song!