Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Julia Kapatelis is, as far as I'm concerned, the one WW supporting player that SHOULD have never been dropped by any writer post-Perez. She was such an important contribution: a fierce in her own right, totally badass yet compassionate mom-away-from-home to Diana. Heck, she, in many ways was what I would imagine a Wonder Woman in her late fifties-early sixties would be like. She was an incredibly well realized character that should be as well known as Etta and Steve Trevor. Heck, just like Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen are critical to Superman, and Commish Gordon and Alfred are to Batman, I feel that, had DC comics worked in a more effective way to nurture WW through the years, Steve, Etta, and Julia would be the three non-powered supporting characters that shoukd ALWAYS be a part of any Wonder Woman-related project. And no, I don't necessarily think that Steve has to be a romantic figure (although I am not opposed to the idea).
    Anyway, I will always ADORE Perez art in all its forms, and especially in Wonder Woman, but for my money, Julia K is his most amazing contribution to the lore of the amazing amazon.
    Yep.

From #62, Perez's final issue.

Incredible Member

I wish he'd have returned for a few issues at some point...but wow, what a run.

Wonder Woman #600, with Gail Simone.

bwaws2bp0j481.jpg
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I dig the fights with Captain Marvel in War of the Gods.

images (2).jpeg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Spectacular! I wonder if there is a color version. Love how Perez evoked HG Peter’s style with the Golden Age renditions.
    I *LOVE* that poster. I saw it several years ago and I deeply regret not buying it (if I recall, it was pretty pricey though). Perez even included Sharkeeta who only ever appeared once in the 40's!

If I had to pick one single issue of George Perez's run that has impacted me the most, it'd certainly be "Chalk Drawings" (WW #46), where Vanessa's popular friend Lucy Spears commits suicide. The way Perez depicts each major character's reaction to the death is just heartbreaking.