Page 72 of 92 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1378

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    But theres a lot of stupid in Manga too. I don't know if you're following Dragon Ball Super but someone big just came back and what followed was so much stupid stuff that I wont give away here.
    oh I do and I know there are stupid stuff in the manga but they are in general way more consistent story wise because it's not a shared universe so less retcons and inconsistencies. I prefer this latest chapter to the entirety of Granolah arc (that certain someone trained for 10 years in another dimension). my point is that western comics are just going downhill and are filled with inconsistencies and retcons and lets not start with SJW and woke stuff that current comics are suffering. it's all about sending some message that no one cares about. editorial doesn't even care to correct any writer if they messed up the continuity.

anyone saw Miles Morals being Thor and his black Asgard? Holy moly, that was so terrible.
    Last edited by GodThor; 08-17-2022 at 09:56 AM.

Yeah, the overall arc didn't really do much for either character. The Odin thing will likely be resolved in a couple of arcs (i heard that Cates is leaving soon) and hopefully things get back to a semblance of normalcy.

But theres a lot of stupid in Manga too. I don't know if you're following Dragon Ball Super but someone big just came back and what followed was so much stupid stuff that I wont give away here.
    Feels like he just got started, but I guess that's modern comics. I don't care enough for his run to mind one way or another, I just hope we get a fresher voice next.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Feels like he just got started, but I guess that's modern comics. I don't care enough for his run to mind one way or another, I just hope we get a fresher voice next.
    you wanna bet it's gonna be Torunn Grønbekk, the current writer for Jane Foster&The Mighty Thor? I like her fantasy, Lord of the Rings style of writing but I have a feeling if she ever takes over then Jane is gonna be all over the book.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    you wanna bet it's gonna be Torunn Grønbekk, the current writer for Jane Foster&The Mighty Thor? I like her fantasy, Lord of the Rings style of writing but I have a feeling if she ever takes over then Jane is gonna be all over the book.
    Yeah, and I haven't really cared for what I've seen of her writing Thor either.

I don't think they would give her one of the best selling titles, my fear is - Aaron is leaving Avengers - and my hope is - we don't know the Hickman project-.

Yeah, and I haven't really cared for what I've seen of her writing Thor either.
    Makes you wonder if Thor even has OF. Some centaur wrecks him lol. Having OF means nothing this days.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    I don't think they would give her one of the best selling titles, my fear is - Aaron is leaving Avengers - and my hope is - we don't know the Hickman project-.
    Maybe but they are pushing her a lot for a few years now and she did introduce some Norse mythological stuff to Thor's mythos so I wouldn't be surprised if she takes over.
    Last edited by GodThor; 08-17-2022 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    cuz it's hawwwwt my dude
    Not as much as it is on Hemsworth.
    Speaking as a reader of the periodicals featuring Thor from Marvel Comics, I've always felt that Simonson did the beard best (IMHO):

Ultimate Member

oh I do and I know there are stupid stuff in the manga but they are in general way more consistent story wise because it's not a shared universe so less retcons and inconsistencies. I prefer this latest chapter to the entirety of Granolah arc (that certain someone trained for 10 years in another dimension). my point is that western comics are just going downhill and are filled with inconsistencies and retcons and lets not start with SJW and woke stuff that current comics are suffering. it's all about sending some message that no one cares about. editorial doesn't even care to correct any writer if they messed up the continuity.

anyone saw Miles Morals being Thor and his black Asgard? Holy moly, that was so terrible.
    That Miles Morales Thor thing was really offensive and the writer rightly got called out for it and he later apologized. That's a massive failure of editorial.

That being said, I don't really have a problem with greater representation in comics, it's how it's implemented that sometimes becomes a problem.

Generally, I 100% agree that all the retcons, inconsistencies, and just nonsense in superhero comics are a bit much these days. My views on a lot of this stuff I made known in the Black Panther thread, the current run is so bad that it's borderline offensive.

That Miles Morales Thor thing was really offensive and the writer rightly got called out for it and he later apologized. That's a massive failure of editorial.
    does that even exist xd

That being said, I don't really have a problem with greater representation in comics, it's how it's implemented that sometimes becomes a problem.
    exactly. you don't have to be preachy about it. just make a good character, be it black, white, female, gay whatever. just don't have it at our face if you know what I mean. one of the reason why I dropped MCU (and comics) is because of their "messages" lol. the moment they say diversity when doing interviews, you immediately know they care more about that than the actual story. let's just race change and gender bend...

Generally, I 100% agree that all the retcons, inconsistencies, and just nonsense in superhero comics are a bit much these days. My views on a lot of this stuff I made known in the Black Panther thread, the current run is so bad that it's borderline offensive.
    I'm very sorry to hear that if you are a BP fan. Just another proof that editorial doesn't exist. Sorry, I let my emotions go out. It's just sad for me that the comics I grew up first reading are just a carcass fed upon by vultures.

Spectacular Member

Yeah, outside of fire-lighting power up he got I don' see what was the point besides being unnecessary dumb addition lol.
    Because now he just needs some waterbending and then he can access his Avatar state.

Quote Originally Posted by The Twilight Mexican View Post
    Because now he just needs some waterbending and then he can access his Avatar state.
    careful, they might be reading this xd

I've seen the scans of Thor's new origin...why did Aaron do this? Who, besides him, wanted this? This was completely unnecessary, this issue combines most of the things he's obsessed with, Odin being stupid, the Phoenix, and screwing with Thor. He quit writing Thor years ago and he's still messing with him. I suppose this makes Thor pretty unique among superheroes in that he has four parents, and most of them are alive.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Honestly when people praise manga, its not really about the story, its just the action which is mostly with shonen battle manga fans.

Like the Dragon Ball Super manga, it single handily disapproves the entire idea that manga is inherently better than comics because it is irredeemable terrible. The Granolah is a piece of fucking garbage from every single angle, the only thing it has is meaningless action choreography.

Even the worst **** I've read by Bendis and Aaron is better because at least those stories sometimes has something resembling themes, characters, and what not. Dragon Ball Super though, its nothing, worse than nothing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I've seen the scans of Thor's new origin...why did Aaron do this? Who, besides him, wanted this? This was completely unnecessary, this issue combines most of the things he's obsessed with, Odin being stupid, the Phoenix, and screwing with Thor. He quit writing Thor years ago and he's still messing with him. I suppose this makes Thor pretty unique among superheroes in that he has four parents, and most of them are alive.
    Aaron has a "phoenix fetish".

He injects it into virtually everything he writes at Marvel from Spider-man/Wolverine to Avengers.