Page 48 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    New Love & Thunder trailer dropped:

Thoughts:

- So who is the true main character and titular Thor in the movie?

- So when does Thor get the gold armor upgrade? It seems like he has the normal viking look and that armor in the same sequence where he gets to see Jane.

- I'm disappointed that Jane is just herself in her Thor form. They did the same thing in the Avengers Assemble cartoon but it feels like it's missing one of the key components of her Thor that her whole speech and diction changes. But here it's just basically Jane with muscles.

- Also she looks kind of weird in the helmet without the white eyes...

- Seems like they're keeping one thing of Jane's Thor tenure from the Jason Aaron run...that is she can do stuff with Mjolnir that Thor couldn't and the hammer might actually prefer her. Are those afterimages or were those pieces of it breaking apart to hit bad guys?

- Apex Lex...I mean, Gorr the God Butcher is here! I dunno, I'm kind of bummed he looks more like a pale-faced Christian Bale than his comic book self. I guess its' so he seems more human or...emotive, I guess? But the character seems stoic otherwise. It feels like they're trying to incorporate his comic motivation of turning against the Gods from the comics, as well as his interest in Thor as an individual, but I'm not sure if it'll all work in the end.

- So Thor has been counting the the exact time he and Jane have been separated. I guess they're really going to push that he never got over her now (sorry to anyone who thought Sif still had a shot at being the main love interest) even after all this time which...doesn't quite track with me, but whatever. Honestly I'd be more surprised if Jane still carried a torch after 8 years, although at least for Gods time probably moves differently. Now is Bruce Banner ever going to mention Betty Ross again?

- Looks like The Greek Gods take Thor captive thinking he's a threat and throwing him into a gladiatorial ring. Looks like Valkyrie gets to use Zeus' lightning bolt too.

- Ah yes, the classic scene of Thor being stripped nude! He and his brother get this a lot. Gotta get your classic MCU male fanservice in there.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Rhino and Shocker.

2 vs. 1

Some respect please
    I mean hey, if respecting him consistently was an option I'd be all in, but can't expect that much from Marvel, so unfortunately, Shocker defeating Thor doesn't sound too far fetched even though I said it as a joke lol.

Funny that in ASM, there was this moment once:

(ASM#648)

I dunno how Thor was being treated in early 2010's, but at least a comment about him being pretty tough is nice lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - So Thor has been counting the the exact time he and Jane have been separated. I guess they're really going to push that he never got over her now (sorry to anyone who thought Sif still had a shot at being the main love interest) even after all this time which...doesn't quite track with me, but whatever. Honestly I'd be more surprised if Jane still carried a torch after 8 years, although at least for Gods time probably moves differently.
    I'm thinking it might be a weird pattern with characters struggling to move on from their love interests in this MCU phase, Strange didn't move on from that chick from the first movie in his second one lol.

Now is Bruce Banner ever going to mention Betty Ross again?
    Or Black Widow lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Valkiria with Zeus Power

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I dunno how Thor was being treated in early 2010's, but at least a comment about him being pretty tough is nice lol.
    let's just say he had better days

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAS! This looks beautiful. This is the first trailer i've seen in a long time that i know i want to see this in theaters. Let's go. That imagery is stunning. Granted i i'm most likely going the morning or afternoon of the 10th when everybody else at work. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Takai is seemingly KILLING the action sequences again. They were awesome in Ragnorak and this looks promising.

The visual of keeping most of Gorr in black/white is gonna be sick if they use it right.

Gorr doesn' tlook like Gorr but he does look rather menacing

Who gave him the sword? He has his own world?... are they teasing Knull? Will we get god bomb esque stuff?

I am going to miss the time travel aspect of the comic though. That really made Gorr seem like a timeless, ever ending threat. But alas.

So... which "known" god dies so this is somewhat personal to thor anyway. I mean. Zeus is F'd but we just met him, who cares hes a red shirt lol. I can't seem them killing Valkryie so... who gonna die man? Its the God Butcher, he has to butcher. Too bad they killed off almost all of Thor's supporting cast already. What is Sif doing lol?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I'm thinking it might be a weird pattern with characters struggling to move on from their love interests in this MCU phase, Strange didn't move on from that chick from the first movie in his second one lol.
    After the What If episode it feels like they're pushing the whole Christine Palmer thing even more than the first movie did.

I guess Steve Rogers is the kind of not moving on from a love interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So... which "known" god dies so this is somewhat personal to thor anyway. I mean. Zeus is F'd but we just met him, who cares hes a red shirt lol. I can't seem them killing Valkryie so... who gonna die man? Its the God Butcher, he has to butcher. Too bad they killed off almost all of Thor's supporting cast already. What is Sif doing lol?
    I was just looking at the poster and realizing that the only relevant Asgardian character left is Valkyrie. Like, jeez they screwed up Thors' supporting cast so hard.

At this point if Sif's in it it'll probably just be for another cameo.

Taika Waititi teases Thor: Love and Thunder: "Fans assume it's the passing on of the torch... I don’t think that’s the case”
    https://www.gamesradar.com/thor-love...i-mighty-thor/

Waititi says: "We stick pretty closely to Jane’s storyline, and what happened to Jane... because that was such an influence on the film. We’re trying to take the best parts of that."

He continues: "And also, it’s really fun, the idea that Thor [has] got Stormbreaker, that big axe, and now his hammer’s back and it’s in the hands of someone else. It’s no longer his hammer. It’s the idea that someone’s taking his place. I think a lot of fans are gonna potentially assume, ‘Oh, OK, this is the passing on of the torch’... I’m not privy to any plans Marvel has for the future, but I don’t think that’s the case."

Taika Waititi teases Thor: Love and Thunder: "Fans assume it's the passing on of the torch... I don’t think that’s the case”
    https://www.gamesradar.com/thor-love...i-mighty-thor/

Waititi says: "We stick pretty closely to Jane’s storyline, and what happened to Jane... because that was such an influence on the film. We’re trying to take the best parts of that."

He continues: "And also, it’s really fun, the idea that Thor [has] got Stormbreaker, that big axe, and now his hammer’s back and it’s in the hands of someone else. It’s no longer his hammer. It’s the idea that someone’s taking his place. I think a lot of fans are gonna potentially assume, ‘Oh, OK, this is the passing on of the torch’... I’m not privy to any plans Marvel has for the future, but I don’t think that’s the case."
    So my takeaway is the cancer might be there and her Thor status might be finite like in the comics.

So my takeaway is the cancer might be there and her Thor status might be finite like in the comics.
    It should be.

That is what made it somewhat work in the comics.

Her sacrificing her health the wield the hammer is what made it "different."

comics kinda wimped out on the natural conclusion of that by dragging it along and then turning her into a valkryie IMHO

I mean, to stay relevant to Gorr's story... a non-god like Jane sacrificing herself to stop Gorr to save the gods works narratively pretty well

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I just hope somehow, someway they can come up with something nearly as cool as

"Be the God of Gods"

"And every God of Every universe closed their eyes... and prayed to Thor"

IDK how you adapt that the current interpretation of Gods in the MCU but give me something like that and i'll be happy lol

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I just hope somehow, someway they can come up with something nearly as cool as

"Be the God of Gods"

"And every God of Every universe closed their eyes... and prayed to Thor"

IDK how you adapt that the current interpretation of Gods in the MCU but give me something like that and i'll be happy lol
    That line is, in my opinion, the greatest and most badass Thor moment in comics, every single god in the universe praying to him, I really hope we see this in the movie.

Zeus flicked so damn hard.

Movie looks great. My hopes are sky high.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    let's just say he had better days
    Not surprising, a bunch of characters got worse treatment in that era for, reasons.

Maybe Hulk had better than everyone else, with Planet Hulk and World War Hulk, but after that... I don't hear good **** about Loeb's run lol.

After the What If episode it feels like they're pushing the whole Christine Palmer thing even more than the first movie did.
    Would be weird if a fucking what if affects **** that much.

I guess Steve Rogers is the kind of not moving on from a love interest.
    Still though, going back in time to be with her? Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Would be weird if a fucking what if affects **** that much.
    I remember everyone thinking Supreme Strange was going to be in MoM and it turns out...nope! At least from what I've heard.