Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Sweet Jesus!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's...a surprisingly long delay .
    There are both ongoing production and distribution problems that are affecting a bunch of titles. But almost 4 months between issues... is a lot.

I find the relation between Asgard and Valhalla confusing... Odin was supposed to preside over Valhalla, which was in Asgard, but now it seems Valhalla is a completely separate realm which living Asgardians can't access...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    There are both ongoing production and distribution problems that are affecting a bunch of titles. But almost 4 months between issues... is a lot.
    I'm reading that some titles are slipping into October(??).

What is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I find the relation between Asgard and Valhalla confusing... Odin was supposed to preside over Valhalla, which was in Asgard, but now it seems Valhalla is a completely separate realm which living Asgardians can't access...
    Wasn't Brunnhilde in Valhalla?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm reading that some titles are slipping into October(??).

What is going on?
    It's a combination of paper scarcity, available printing presses, trucker protests, Canadian train workers strike, and so on.

I knew there was a shortage of other kinds of printing materials (like vinyl), and all it takes is a shortage of just one component in the process to gum up the works.

Wasn't Brunnhilde in Valhalla?
    No idea. But the Asgardians seemed unaware of what has happened in Valhalla until Odin's soul came back and told them...

Thor calling for Mjolnir like a dog...

This movie looks atrocious. Like a PG Disney cartoon for cul-de-sac Karens and their kids.

I don't mean to come off anti-Jane, but with all the recent promotion with Jane in the movie and the Marvel's Avengers game it's bringing back some bad memories:

- Talking up Thor as a mantle and not a name and pushing "Odinson" like it's the natural thing to call Thor rather than his own name.

- Jane gets called "The Mighty Thor" while Thor is just...Thor.

- Jane gets called on for having a special bond and "finesse" with Mjolnir that Thor doesn't. The movie has him call to it like it's a loyal pet and then it goes to Jane.

- Acting like a doctor with no combat experience is immediately battle ready and on the level of an experienced warrior like Thor who has been doing it for centuries.

All of this tells me that Jane Foster works great as a standalone character and hero, whether as Thor or otherwise, but not really in a way that benefits Thor himself. Which I think is the main disconnect since the Aaron run where people enjoyed the representation and female empowerment and glossed over how Thor was being written in relation to Jane.

And I really disliked Thors' use in the recent Pride special. It's like Thor always has to come off like a hypocritical, uncool, and mead-obsessed male to make the female characters look more on top of things than him.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Okay I skimmed those plot leaks.

Not gonna say anything of course but one detail made me laugh. It's kinda funny in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Okay I skimmed those plot leaks.

Not gonna say anything of course but one detail made me laugh. It's kinda funny in a way.
    In a good way or a bad way? I guess it might depend .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

In a good way or a bad way? I guess it might depend .
    In a good way I think. Weirdly enough it sorta eased my fears about how Jane will be handled.

I don't mean to come off anti-Jane, but with all the recent promotion with Jane in the movie and the Marvel's Avengers game it's bringing back some bad memories:

- Talking up Thor as a mantle and not a name and pushing "Odinson" like it's the natural thing to call Thor rather than his own name.

- Jane gets called "The Mighty Thor" while Thor is just...Thor.

- Jane gets called on for having a special bond and "finesse" with Mjolnir that Thor doesn't. The movie has him call to it like it's a loyal pet and then it goes to Jane.

- Acting like a doctor with no combat experience is immediately battle ready and on the level of an experienced warrior like Thor who has been doing it for centuries.

All of this tells me that Jane Foster works great as a standalone character and hero, whether as Thor or otherwise, but not really in a way that benefits Thor himself. Which I think is the main disconnect since the Aaron run where people enjoyed the representation and female empowerment and glossed over how Thor was being written in relation to Jane.

And I really disliked Thors' use in the recent Pride special. It's like Thor always has to come off like a hypocritical, uncool, and mead-obsessed male to make the female characters look more on top of things than him.
    Nothing anti-Jane about it. Jason Aaron's Jane stuff appealed to a certain demographic, who could care less about how the original Thor was portrayed. I've said it before and will say it again: I don't see Jason Aaron's work as a "win" for feminism, but the complete opposite. What message is being sent given the shoddy fashion in which the original Thor was portrayed in order for Jane to shine? I mean, a friend of mine called such remarks (by long time Thor fans) as "toxic" (I didn't want to get into it with him...). But I mean...really? And why exactly is that? Because we disagree about how the original Thor is being portrayed or because it sends the wrong message about feminism in general? And sure, I'm sure Waititi will put a funny spin on the whole thing, a punch line a minute.

The whole "Thor is a moron" so women can shine has become passe' for moi...
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Chris Hemsworth won't be hanging up Thor's hammer anytime soon, Kevin Feige hints

https://www.avclub.com/kevin-feige-h...ime-1849112712