Page 60 of 92 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well, this will hardly be the first ever movie with non-Christian gods. Wonder Woman had one and didn't get any complaints (not enough for anyone to notice at least).

I think Thor 3 will be fine.
    You mean Thor 4

True about WW, but note that the Gods were all dead in it except 1, and it leaned heavily into Christian mythology.

To be clear, I don't care if your Christian Right idiots get upset, I just wonder in what manner they will be upset.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    spoilers:
    what is this 'godworld' that is spoken of now? Olympus isn't its own independent planet/locale? https://www.cbr.com/thor-love-and-thunder-mcu-godworld/

if so, that's disappointing. For Asgard to have their own realm for the Norse deities, they might as well have independent locales for the other pantheons, instead of making this one planet a hodgepodge mix.
    end of spoilers
    I think they are referring to Omnipotence City, where different gods meet and have a shared knowledge base it was introduced in Aaron's run.

So they may have their own realm and a seat in Omnipotence City

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You mean Thor 4

True about WW, but note that the Gods were all dead in it except 1, and it leaned heavily into Christian mythology.

To be clear, I don't care if your Christian Right idiots get upset, I just wonder in what manner they will be upset.
    My mistake.

If they'd be upset with non-Christian gods existing, having just one show up would attract controversy. That it didn't suggests it wasn't a big deal. I don't know that I'd call WW leaning into Christian mythology as it was just largely using stuff from the comics of Diana being created to save the world and prophesized heroes aren't exclusively a Christian concept.

But point is, I think we're safe. Note that the marketing for the first Thor movie referred to him and other Asgardians as gods.

Thor: Lightning and Lament #1 put a smile on my face.

https://thedirect.com/article/thor-l...deleted-scenes

"Taika just created a really, really, good cast. And everybody else I'm not mentioning as well. I got to work with Peter Dinklage, that's not in the final film, but I got to work with him. He's fantastic. I got to work with Jeff Goldblum, he's not in the final film either. As you see lots of stuff ends up on the cutting room floor, even though it is beautiful, brilliant stuff.""Yes, because it's Taika at the helm and there's very few people who know how to balance and juggle all of that and with such a massive palette and massive budget, which is a task in itself knowing how to do that. He's done an incredible job with it."

Well, it is officially confirmed that Lena Headey will join the MCU soon, although they cut her role in 'THOR LOVE AND THUNDER'.

Jane Foster: The Mighty Thor Issue #2 preview.

Getting over how I don't really care for Torunn writing Thor or how he gets taken out like a punk, it is kind of funny how Jane has Mjolnir again only it now has her least favorite person in it after Loki. Irony .

When did Runa see Lord of the Rings? Also Sif acting like she's happy Valkyrie is finally back...um, how long has Brunnhilde been dead? Y'know, you were friends?

Even if it's little and simple, appreciate when we have something good from Thor.
    Thor - Lightning And Lament (2022) 001-000.jpg

Everything is here, Odin as it should be, the love of Thor and Sif. It made me forget for a while the last almost 10 years of sadness.