Page 61 of 92 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jane Foster: The Mighty Thor Issue #2 preview.

Getting over how I don't really care for Torunn writing Thor or how he gets taken out like a punk, it is kind of funny how Jane has Mjolnir again only it now has her least favorite person in it after Loki. Irony .

When did Runa see Lord of the Rings? Also Sif acting like she's happy Valkyrie is finally back...um, how long has Brunnhilde been dead? Y'know, you were friends?
    Where's Brunnhilde in this? The only ones mentioned in that last page are Sif, Hildegarde and Runa.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm very curious about this, it's been what nearly 10 years since Angela Neil Gaimin sold Angela to Marvel?

So looking back how has the inclusion of Angela to Thor's mythos as his sister and her several series been received by the Thor fanbase since then?
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 07-01-2022 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm very curious about this, it's been what nearly 10 years since Angela Neil Gaimin sold Angela to Marvel?

So looking back how has the inclusion of Angela to Thor's mythos as his sister and her several series been received by the Thor fanbase since then?
    Honestly, I think Angela fits in the Thor Mythos like a foot in a glove...

From nostalgic readers like me, I don't think anyone cares.
    And Aaron's new readers, I think they only care about Thor and Jane Foster, so.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Where's Brunnhilde in this? The only ones mentioned in that last page are Sif, Hildegarde and Runa.
    She was in Valhalla last I checked.

I've seen people who enjoyed Angela's solo comic but not a lot of people who really care that much about her as part of the Thor franchise or being Thor's sister.

That makes sense. While I can see Angela being accepted by general Marvel fans and developing her own fanbase, it's logical that the Thor fanbase largely doesn't regard her as much, finding her forced and sticking out terribly.

Especially since the way she's written she's barely in stuff so it makes when she does appear sticks out like a sore thumb. Like a while ago in the Cates run where she's suddenly allying with Freya, abandons Odin in a gladiator pit for some reason, and then tells Thor if he won't start being king, she will.

It's all very forced since she doesn't have any right to say this. Like knowing how messed up Angela is, it's hilarious for her to say she'll be queen considering she'd prolly be a far worse ruler than Thor. At least Thor can be civil.

That makes sense. While I can see Angela being accepted by general Marvel fans and developing her own fanbase, it's logical that the Thor fanbase largely doesn't regard her as much, finding her forced and sticking out terribly.

Especially since the way she's written she's barely in stuff so it makes when she does appear sticks out like a sore thumb. Like a while ago in the Cates run where she's suddenly allying with Freya, abandons Odin in a gladiator pit for some reason, and then tells Thor if he won't start being king, she will.

It's all very forced since she doesn't have any right to say this. Like knowing how messed up Angela is, it's hilarious for her to say she'll be queen considering she'd prolly be a far worse ruler than Thor. At least Thor can be civil.
    Especially when she barely cares about Asgard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Dead. Jane and Runa are the only active Valkyries currently. Brunnhilde and all the others went to Valhalla in War of the Realms.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

On top of that, Angela feels out of place not only in the Thor Mythos, but in modern Marvel comics... she feels like Chainmail Bikini Angry Barbarian Girl from the 70's...

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    On top of that, Angela feels out of place not only in the Thor Mythos, but in modern Marvel comics... she feels like Chainmail Bikini Angry Barbarian Girl from the 70's...
    Hey, don't diss the chainmail bikini .

You know what I mean... during the 70s you couldn't throw a stone in the MU without hitting some sword-wielding half-naked barbarian... if he was a long haired blonde male, he was usually good, and often a prince; if he was black haired and had a beard, he was a villain...

As for barbarian girls, they all wore chainmail or fur bikini, the latter often with animal fangs, and they all were very angry, all the time, for some reason...

What I saw of her minis was okay at first but got boring after a while.

She's just a bitch whenever she interacts with Thor or Odin, at least in Cates' run, not sure what the hell she's adding to the franchise by being like that lol.

By herself she's okay-ish, by being part of Thor's franchise, uh, whatever? At least as far as I saw, though admittedly I'm still new to Thor stuff.

She was in Valhalla last I checked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Dead. Jane and Runa are the only active Valkyries currently. Brunnhilde and all the others went to Valhalla in War of the Realms.
    I know she's dead, I was wondering where Brunnhilde was in those preview pages, since the way Frontier worded made it sound like she's in 'em lol.

Especially when she barely cares about Asgard.
    Something she admitted to when she said she'd take over as queen if Thor doesn't do his job as a king lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Angela could use a bit of a makeover, and while it may sound odd, I'd lose the pure white eyes look. She looks soulless without Iris/Pupils.

And the next time Thor is taking a leave of absence from the main Avengers team, I'd give her a shot and a chance to evolve her character more. I think she has potential and could be interesting to contrast her with some other the better-known Avengers.

Angela's appearance becomes even funnier because....... thats exactly how she always looked. Her design has been barely updated since her original appearance in the 90s, still having that chainmail bikini look. Here's a comparison piece.

Her appearance back in Image Comics

Angela_hunter.jpg

When she appears in Guardians of the Galaxy in 2013

Angela Modern.jpg

Indeed. Truly a legendary piece of Marvel history (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    As for barbarian girls, they all wore chainmail or fur bikini, the latter often with animal fangs, and they all were very angry, all the time, for some reason...
    Something Frank Thorne excelled at, I might add...