Page 83 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1378

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Who's Laussa?
    Some random baby they threw in for some reason that's also half-demon or something. It was weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I hope Cates gets well soon.

I've been re-reading his Thor stuff and it feels better than when I first read it.

I'd rather he continue on than bring on a writer that quite clearly has no interest in Thor himself.
    Agreed. I don't love Cates and some of the way he's handled things, but at least he seems to care about Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Who's Laussa?
    The baby sister. I remember her in the Angela series and that War of the Realms Tie in.

I've been re-reading his Thor stuff and it feels better than when I first read it.

I'd rather he continue on than bring on a writer that quite clearly has no interest in Thor himself.
    I feel you. I was going to try to do a re-read since the book had a pause and I didn't really read the Banner of War stuff. There's minor nick-picks but overall the run isn't awfully bad. It just doesn't drive enthusiasm to run and pick it up.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The Banner of War stuff was OK but the El Paso reveal fell on one of the Thor issues instead a Hulk one which ticked me off.
    Also I guess this means Hulk will be getting a fill-in arc for a while too. Hope everything works out with Cates; I just started his Venom run too.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Anything with thanos means I'll skip it

I did like the ending to banner of war

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Flaws aside this run does re-establish Thor as a massive powerhouse again and he is at least angsting over actual problems like the difficulties of kingship rather than worrying about some dumb hammer

Dude executed Goddamn Galactus, thats worth the price of admission anywhere yo

Just watched Thor:Love and Thunder.

It was very silly, but not as bad as I expected. I had very low expectations, though.

I can only wonder why they'd call someone who doesn't like Thor lol.

Like, Mark Waid got a run on the Hulk, and apparently he admitted to not liking the Hulk before it, and if so, it's just weird to make him write the Hulk at all lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Some random baby they threw in for some reason that's also half-demon or something. It was weird.
    Didn't she have to be cleansed from the demon thing in some angelic furnace or somethin' like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Flaws aside this run does re-establish Thor as a massive powerhouse again and he is at least angsting over actual problems like the difficulties of kingship rather than worrying about some dumb hammer

Dude executed Goddamn Galactus, thats worth the price of admission anywhere yo
    Depends how much Galactus was getting jobbed before this, if it's "a lot" then Thor is just another in the list .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I can only wonder why they'd call someone who doesn't like Thor lol.

Like, Mark Waid got a run on the Hulk, and apparently he admitted to not liking the Hulk before it, and if so, it's just weird to make him write the Hulk at all lol.
    Depends on the writer. It's not like they're hired for fanfiction, after all.

When someone is hired to write a title, they're supposed to be, in many ways, that character's worst enemy. Christopher Priest wasn't a Black Panther fan when he started the series, and his run is rightfully legendary.

In fact, a writer liking a character can be harmful to a character. Bendis has a man crush on Luke Cage, but the only thing he ever did with Cage that was remotely memorable was Cage marrying Bendis' other pet character, Jessica Jones.

The real problem is when you get guys like Aaron, who hate their characters and just use them as a soapbox to espouse their positions.

Didn't she have to be cleansed from the demon thing in some angelic furnace or somethin' like that?
    Like I said, it was a weird thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

When someone is hired to write a title, they're supposed to be, in many ways, that character's worst enemy. Christopher Priest wasn't a Black Panther fan when he started the series, and his run is rightfully legendary.

In fact, a writer liking a character can be harmful to a character. Bendis has a man crush on Luke Cage, but the only thing he ever did with Cage that was remotely memorable was Cage marrying Bendis' other pet character, Jessica Jones.

The real problem is when you get guys like Aaron, who hate their characters and just use them as a soapbox to espouse their positions.
    Well, Cage was basically the leader of the New Avengers by the end of Bendis' run and during Secret Invasion/Dark Reign + them having a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They're not (Or at least not supposed to), but there must at least be an interest in something about the character lol.

I mean, Stern made a run in ASM where it was basically him kissing Spidey's ass for him to look badass, and that's one of the better Spidey runs too.

Conway on the Spidey side basically prefered the redhead waifu and he's the guy who started her development as a character who's not just an airhead party girl.

It all depends on whether or not a writer has things like talent, or knows how to put aside some bias from proper writing.

Or Geoff Johns with Flash, specifically, Barry lol.

On the other hand, he did make Green Lantern become a big title.

Also I'm pretty sure he increased Cage's strength (Though maybe someone did that before him), which's not character development, but I'm pretty sure people would be surprised if they learn Cage used to be weaker than Spidey, or "just" around his level.

Yeah, that's why I made that comment, if a writer actually dislikes or hates the main character from the comic they're supposed to be writing, that can be a problem.

I'm also not exactly sure Aaron dislikes Thor specifically, seems like he just uses Thor to **** on gods in general, also to push Jane at the expense of other gods, and also to try to shove Phoenix, another character he likes and really doesn't understand lol.

So yeah, I think Aaron is evidence how bad liking and disliking stuff can be real bad lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Cage was basically the leader of the New Avengers by the end of Bendis' run and during Secret Invasion/Dark Reign + them having a kid.
    Didn't he also help take down Norman?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

They're not (Or at least not supposed to), but there must at least be an interest in something about the character lol.

I mean, Stern made a run in ASM where it was basically him kissing Spidey's ass for him to look badass, and that's one of the better Spidey runs too.

Conway on the Spidey side basically prefered the redhead waifu and he's the guy who started her development as a character who's not just an airhead party girl.

It all depends on whether or not a writer has things like talent, or knows how to put aside some bias from proper writing.

Or Geoff Johns with Flash, specifically, Barry lol.

On the other hand, he did make Green Lantern become a big title.

Also I'm pretty sure he increased Cage's strength (Though maybe someone did that before him), which's not character development, but I'm pretty sure people would be surprised if they learn Cage used to be weaker than Spidey, or "just" around his level.

Yeah, that's why I made that comment, if a writer actually dislikes or hates the main character from the comic they're supposed to be writing, that can be a problem.

I'm also not exactly sure Aaron dislikes Thor specifically, seems like he just uses Thor to **** on gods in general, also to push Jane at the expense of other gods, and also to try to shove Phoenix, another character he likes and really doesn't understand lol.

So yeah, I think Aaron is evidence how bad liking and disliking stuff can be real bad lol.

Didn't he also help take down Norman?
    Hilariously Geoffrey Thorne when he wrote Green Lantern he infamously went on a twitter tirade about how much he hated Hal Jordan and considers him a nothing character, especially compared to John Stewart.

Now I don't like Thorne's run for various reasons but true to his word he kept his hate of the character out of the book and treat Hal with nothing but respect and normalcy. Hal wasn't an idiot nor did anyone go on a rant about how much he sucked, he was written competently and respectably same as everyone else in the book.

So Thorne to his credit a true professional, which is more than you can say for other writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Just watched Thor:Love and Thunder.

It was very silly, but not as bad as I expected. I had very low expectations, though.
    Also recently seen it. And agree with you...it was “okay” a solid 3 out of 5 stars, for me.

Looking forward to reading this later. Today turned out to be a big comic morning didn't know al ewing co wrote this issue but as soon as i saw it i figured it is a good jumping back on point.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It's definitely an Al Ewing comic.

spoilers:
    Yooo i don't even know most the characters mentioned but this was LIT! i am so looking forward to issue 28. Being introduced to so many characters but in such a compelling way both blew my
    mind and had me wanting to find out more. I mean in this issue alone we had loki, a speech with odin's ghost there was a great update on donald blake, we saw sif we got an update on the rainbow bridge,we got an illyana mention, a bedlam mention, bedalm son, we got Eddie Brock claiming his king in black title, we see the warriors three, someone known as Desmond Pitt who seems like a guy who got a tough break, thor "let the storm strike" and just to add butter to it we get a hammer steeped in red while they are looking for a transportation method for asgardians. simply superb. This feels like everything from issue like 13 forward was put in a box and we have reset back to cates story with help from ewing. Just this is what i want in a thor comic.my chest was literally thumping while reading. lol
    end of spoilers
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/