Page 50 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

I mean, I think there's plenty of evidence that Jane is Aaron's favorite Thor and he would probably continue writing her as that if he had a choice.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Am I hearing right or did the latest issue of Avengers have Jane Foster lusting after Mjolnir pretty heavily?
    I don't read Avengers but what do you mean by lusting after Mjolnir?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I don't read Avengers but what do you mean by lusting after Mjolnir?
    Like she really wants the hammer bad.

Niffleheim

Oh my god!!!! They need to stop this man by never allowing him to write Jane ever again.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

At this point, I wonder why Aaron just doesn't make Jane Thor again, and then her and Echo Phoenix can run away together while Odin and Thor spend the issues drinking and crying. Just get it all out of his system.

Ultimate Member

"My hammer is..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Seems like he struggles to write her as anything other than Jane Thor. I could be wrong but I don't think he stayed on her Valkyrie title long before passing it to Torrun.
    Aaron can't let go of whatever ideas he has it seems.

He's still being a pain in the ass with this "Phoenix is Thor's mommy" ****.

Hell, back in AvX, we had the whole nonsense of Phoenix having a host in K'un-Lun, with the amount of writers we had in AvX it was hard to say who came up with that, but since he came up with Firehair, it was probably him, and he really likes this idea of random redhead women having Phoenix before Jean.

I bet he tried his hardest to keep Hulk as big and boring, if Marvel changed her back 'cause of synergy, then thank **** for synergy, for once lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Very good point.

He can't apparently write her as anything else apart from being Thor.
    Wondering now if he writes Jane's Valkyrie **** as "Thor-lite" lol.

Y'know, if this is how I think it sounds... The characterization of Thor being a hammer junkie Jason Aaron made up? Sounds like it'd be more fitting for her, or maybe that's supposed to represent what Aaron himself is like, really really wanting that rush of giving Jane the Mjolnir .

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Oh my god!!!! They need to stop this man by never allowing him to write Jane ever again.
    Jane, Phoenix, Thor, Odin... Maybe Asgardians in general? Anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    At this point, I wonder why Aaron just doesn't make Jane Thor again, and then her and Echo Phoenix can run away together while Odin and Thor spend the issues drinking and crying. Just get it all out of his system.
    Don't give him ideas, Marvel just might allow 'em .
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 05-26-2022 at 05:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Wondering now if he writes Jane's Valkyrie **** as "Thor-lite" lol.
    Well, he wrote her as Valkyrie somehow being powerful enough to kill Thor if she actually wanted to (don't ask me to explain how).
    Jane, Phoenix, Thor, Odin... Maybe Asgardians in general? Anything else?
    Hellfire Brats? Moon Knight? Dr. Strange?

Well, he wrote her as Valkyrie somehow being powerful enough to kill Thor if she actually wanted to (don't ask me to explain how).
    Well I'm still reading early Valkyrie stuff, and she was just a strong girl with a sword which I'm sure that didn't stick, but being powerful enough to kill Thor even after a power up shouldn't be easy.

But then again, who wouldn't be able to kill Aaron's Thor? A fucking 4 year old kid with leukemia would manage to do so, specially if he loses the hammer .

Hellfire Brats? Moon Knight? Dr. Strange?
    Don't know who Hellfire Brats are but that's a hilarious name lol.

Also we should add Robbie to this list, y'know, the Ghost Rider, not Robertson, I consistently hear Robbie fans saying it's annoying that Robbie, who's more of a serious character is a complete goofball in his Avengers run.

Maybe we should write "Avengers in general", and list the exceptions, but, is there anyone in that he writes correctly? Stark maybe?

Maybe we should write "Avengers in general", and list the exceptions, but, is there anyone in that he writes correctly? Stark maybe?
    He writes Black Panther better than the writers of T'Challa's actual solo book.

His Cap is okay. Kind of on the nose but okay.

Blade.

His Tony...well, it depends on your opinion on Tony. If you're open to a carefree RDJ-style Tony, it's pretty on-point in that respect.

Don't know who Hellfire Brats are but that's a hilarious name lol.
    LOL! Even more creations of Jason Aaron. They're absolutely adorable

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! Even more creations of Jason Aaron. They're absolutely adorable

Really? I find them especially loathsome, in comics and out.

Putting aside that they are cliche Saturday morning cartoon villains, who's every other bit of dialogue is about how evil they are?

They diminish institutional racism. X-Men are meant to be a minority metaphor, and this incarnation of the Hellfire Club are systematic racism, good idea.

But by making them kids, it makes it impossible to take them seriously, it makes it hard to enjoy their defeats, and would break suspension of disbelief in any other medium.

His preteen Hellfire Club is utterly useless as a modern stand in for corporate greed, which is disheartening given how relevant it is today.

Aaron almost certainly regards himself as a modern liberal, but utterly lacks the ability to bring that to his storytelling.

Hence why he 'punished' Thor and his cast for toxic masculinity, yet gleefully writes Punisher, the embodiment of the concept.

Jane as Thor could have been interesting, had he actually written her as Thor, and not just done 'Thor with boobs'.

Jane was a nurse, mother and doctor. All strong sources of storytelling.

Yet all Aaron saw was that she was a woman, and thus, better than Thor because she was a woman. Elevating her on a pedestal simply because of her gender (and Jesus, how sad is it that here we are in the 2000s, and male writers still don't understand that feminism is about equality?)

That's my ran for the day, thanks for listening m

Taika Waititi says Jane’s fighting style is different than Thor’s in Thor: Love and Thunder

“You've got to play to people's strengths, and Natalie has obviously danced and done ballet and stuff. It's got kind of a feeling of dance when she fights. It’s very precise and smooth. She's cool in a different way to how Chris is. He uses raw strength.” (From the latest issue of Total Film) -

I am excited about the potential action sequences in this movie. Ragnorak had some great action sequences.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I am excited about the potential action sequences in this movie. Ragnorak had some great action sequences.
    At least they're working to differentiate her from Thor and not going "Mjolnir do everything!"

He writes Black Panther better than the writers of T'Challa's actual solo book.
    Ah yeah, I heard here and there that Coates writes T'Challa like a lil' bitch or somethin' like that.

I saw something similar with Wonder Woman, in Justice League Dark vol 2 by James Tynion, Diana was more interesting as a character there, while in her own comic when written by I think G. Willow Wilson, she was pretty meh.

His Cap is okay. Kind of on the nose but okay.
    That's great as far as Aaron characterization goes I guess .

Blade.
    Is Aaron the reason Blade suddenly returned to the Avengers a few years ago? 'Cause I always found it weird he suddenly returned, but it's cool to give abandoned characters a chance like this, specially if he writes the character well.

His Tony...well, it depends on your opinion on Tony. If you're open to a carefree RDJ-style Tony, it's pretty on-point in that respect.
    Right, I keep forgetting Stark has a different personality in the comics, at some point I have to get a grasp what he's like, besides alcoholic memes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Jane was a nurse, mother and doctor. All strong sources of storytelling.
    She was a mother? The kid dead or somethin'?

Yet all Aaron saw was that she was a woman, and thus, better than Thor because she was a woman. Elevating her on a pedestal simply because of her gender (and Jesus, how sad is it that here we are in the 2000s, and male writers still don't understand that feminism is about equality?)
    The loud "feminists" out there don't help when they're basically screaming for female superiority.