Page 59 of 92 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Just call me Dead-End Karen because this looks good. ^_^
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Videogame Valkiria/Thor Jane vs Gorr Trailer

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Videogame Valkiria/Thor Jane vs Gorr Trailer
    Of course they go with the movie design............

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Of course they go with the movie design............
    Better design and likely, character.

I do wonder what the blow back to Marvel calling Thor et all 'Gods' is going to be.

I really like Thor III for the record. One of my favorite MCU movies

but

Some of these clips are giving me flashbacks to GoG 2 a bit. AKA... when the director is let off the chain a bit more and he almost parodies himself.

This movie seems even more goofy and more comedic and I don't think it needs more of that.

But, maybe the clips and such are throwing the funny in the audience face so when the cancer is revealed and Gorrs backstory is revealed, it hits harder. Hopefully.

The quieter moments in Ragnorak were sooooooooooooo good I wish Takai would actually pull back on the funny a bit.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

but

Some of these clips are giving me flashbacks to GoG 2 a bit. AKA... when the director is let off the chain a bit more and he almost parodies himself.

This movie seems even more goofy and more comedic and I don't think it needs more of that.

But, maybe the clips and such are throwing the funny in the audience face so when the cancer is revealed and Gorrs backstory is revealed, it hits harder. Hopefully.

The quieter moments in Ragnorak were sooooooooooooo good I wish Takai would actually pull back on the funny a bit.
    I think this is exactly what they are doing. Ragnarok didn't really advertise itself on the nuance either so thats what made it so good when you saw it as well.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Chris Hemsworth won't be hanging up Thor's hammer anytime soon, Kevin Feige hints

https://www.avclub.com/kevin-feige-h...ime-1849112712
    That's good to hear .
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

I do wonder what the blow back to Marvel calling Thor et all 'Gods' is going to be.
    I still prefer him looking more alien in the comics but he just reminds me too much of Lex Luthor here.

The MCU has always flip-flopped with them being aliens versus actual Gods so I'm sure that'll still be accurate here.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

but

I do think they're building up to a big reveal about Jane's cancer. We've never once seen her untransformed in the released footage.

And Bale said Gorr's a butcher but you can kind of see his point so it'll be interesting to see how they handle it. Especially given how underdeveloped Hela ended up being.

Why would there be any blowback? They've been calling them gods for years now.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I can't imagine what it'd be since Thor's been around for 11 years.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Complete opposite for me. Gorr's movie look is total downgrade for the character. He looks like a bland generic evil priest guy, like the villain from Moon Knight Harrow.

The original design is far superior for the alien features and bot having him in a bland white robe.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why would there be any blowback? They've been calling them gods for years now.
    They were calling Thor a God since Thor 3.

The first movie, Thor was just an advanced alien.

In Dark World, they explicitly stated that they were not Gods.

In Thor 3, the climax was Thor finally realizing his particular Godhood.

This Thor looks like it'll have plenty of Gods, with a God killer as the villain

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

This Thor looks like it'll have plenty of Gods, with a God killer as the villain
    I think in early MCU they were afraid of Magic, but now that we're whole hog in it; they're finally embracing it

spoilers:
    what is this 'godworld' that is spoken of now? Olympus isn't its own independent planet/locale? https://www.cbr.com/thor-love-and-thunder-mcu-godworld/

if so, that's disappointing. For Asgard to have their own realm for the Norse deities, they might as well have independent locales for the other pantheons, instead of making this one planet a hodgepodge mix.
    end of spoilers

Well, this will hardly be the first ever movie with non-Christian gods. Wonder Woman had one and didn't get any complaints (not enough for anyone to notice at least).

I think Thor 3 will be fine.