Page 45 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ugh, Sindr. The gender-flip legacy .
    I don't at all mind the idea of Surtur having a daughter. Just not Sindr. She really is just a flat, nothing character. Made without any understanding of what Surtur is. It's just like, "hey here's a big ol' evil fire demon girl! You like that, right?"

Now if Surtur had a daughter that was a real answer to Odin having Thor, a true dark goddess of cosmic fire, that was the champion/defender/representation of Muspelheim, I would be behind that idea in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Has Buri ever really been in the comics? I don't remember him.

Ymir shouldn't be a character, as his body is supposed to be the material that made the 9 realms. I always imagined the Ymir we've seen in the past is just a demented ice giant that believes himself to be Ymir. Besides that, I legit can't remember that last time he was seen outside of character pinups. Waaaay back in that Avengers 2-parter? Like 80s?
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Good question.

To be honest, I don’t remember seeing Buri but Ymir hasn’t appeared for decades (?).

It’s like the writers have completely forgotten about him. And he’s supposed to be as powerful as Surtur or Odin.
    I'm not 100% sure if Ymir was used to create the realms.

I think the realms were there even during Bor's reign.

As for Buri, he has his profile in a handbook.

I don't at all mind the idea of Surtur having a daughter. Just not Sindr. She really is just a flat, nothing character. Made without any understanding of what Surtur is. It's just like, "hey here's a big ol' evil fire demon girl! You like that, right?"

Now if Surtur had a daughter that was a real answer to Odin having Thor, a true dark goddess of cosmic fire, that was the champion/defender/representation of Muspelheim, I would be behind that idea in a heartbeat.
    Funnily enough, she was the champion of Muspelheim in that book I mentioned earlier, Sword of Surtur.

She had more depth there and was more badass.
    Last edited by GodThor; 05-17-2022 at 09:03 PM.

I didn't care for it because it just felt like they were throwing in a female Surtur just for the sake of it.

It felt kind of off to me that Aaron had built him up as such a straw-man, antagonistic character, with no depth and...suddenly he's protecting dark elf kids! Feel bad for him! Even though he almost destroyed Midgard and killed Thor and has just in general been belligerant and unlikable.

It's like when Jane had to defend some Musphelheim kids from Volastagg. It just felt emotionally out of sorts.
    isn't Cul supposed to be super powerful even without feeding off fear???

it felt dumb asf.

another thing that pisses me off is how this higher up Gods like Tyr, Balder, Sif etc have like no powers at all to fit their status.

Tyr has none except that arm thing he does, Balder is just a light show and Sif has teleport (which is forgotten) which has nothing to do with her being the Goddess of War.
    Last edited by GodThor; 05-18-2022 at 04:42 AM.

Yeah, it looked ridiculous.

But I actually enjoyed that mini overall.

It was over the top fun.
    That mini was pretty enjoyable. Bill said "F**k you Odin, I don't want to look like a horse monster all the time, girls like horses, but not that much!"

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    That mini was pretty enjoyable. Bill said "F**k you Odin, I don't want to look like a horse monster all the time, girls like horses, but not that much!"
    Sif was into it...

I didn't care for it because it just felt like they were throwing in a female Surtur just for the sake of it.
    I agree with you. Sindr was created simply to be girl-Surtur. It's why she's a nothing character. I'm just saying if they made a real character with meaning and was the daughter of Surtur, as Muspulheim's answer to Thor, I'd love it.

So Thor 25 today and no one here seems to care.
    This says a lot about the character's current state.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    So Thor 25 today and no one here seems to care.
    This says a lot about the character's current state.
    I was actually talking about it in the Hulk thread.

It's a very Hulk-centric issue.

I would argue too much so because it gave critically important answers to issues happening in the Hulk book.

Angela's actually Odin's firstborn who was kidnapped by Angels from the 10th Realm.
    Why would angels care about her? Why's there a 10th realm? What the ****?

I think I did vaguely recall reading something about the 10th realm, but man...

Trust me, it's ridiculous even by comic standards.
    Just by what you described alone it sounds like Marvel accidentally picked an origin story from a fanfiction and never bothered to retcon it away.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Gaiman sold it to Marvel when he won the rights. according to Ewing, Ten Realms are Universe' iirc.
    I think that raises more questions than it answers lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Aaron and Ewing retconned her to be the daughter of Odin and Freyja during Original Sin, despite the fact that her introductory arc by Bendis had it explicitly stated her DNA matched no known species in the universe.
    That fanfiction-like bullshit happened during Original Sin? 'Cause Original Sin also made a reveal of some chick being bitten by the same radioactive spider as Spidey, has the same powers as him but amplified minus strength, and when they're near each other they get horny.

So yeah, Angela, Cindy, and I hear there was something about Xavier secretly having married Mystique, that dumbass whisped that made Thor not able to lift his hammer, how much fanfiction bullshit did we have in Original Sin? 'Cause it seems I avoided big bullshit by not reading it lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

the whisper was Gorr was right which makes no sense.

Ultimate Member

No sense and is technically racist!

Emphasize on technically, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    No sense and is technically racist!

Emphasize on technically, mind.
    well Aaron is an atheist so not completely surprising.

kinda funny considering he did a good job establishing Gods to be Gods (hearing prayers, getting empowered by them etc).

makes you think Gorr arc was calm before the storm.

I was actually talking about it in the Hulk thread.

It's a very Hulk-centric issue.

I would argue too much so because it gave critically important answers to issues happening in the Hulk book.
    Because people totally read Thor for plot points relevant to a Hulk book.

Like I get this is a crossover but that's kind of excessive.

I know about that, but regardless of what was said, the hammer shouldn't have dropped even if Thor didn't feel he was worthy, that's not how it works lol.

well Aaron is an atheist so not completely surprising.

kinda funny considering he did a good job establishing Gods to be Gods (hearing prayers, getting empowered by them etc).

makes you think Gorr arc was calm before the storm.
    Aaron lets his bias as an atheist and a feminist affect his writing too muchi, it's too obvious, it'd be harder to not notice it.

Because people totally read Thor for plot points relevant to a Hulk book.

Like I get this is a crossover but that's kind of excessive.
    Yeah that's the annoying thing about mini crossovers between comics, it works fine if you care about both characters, but hella annoying if you don't.

Or it can be annoying even if you like both but don't like one character dominating another's comic lol.

**** like that is why letting comics not crossover much would be better, let characters be isolated from each other and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then