Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    So far reviews of Thor: Love and Thunder have been pretty mixed.

There's a LOT of criticism of the humor in the movie.

Color me unsurprised, the movie looks faaaaaaaaaaaaar too comedic. It's interesting how most MCU phase 4 movies haven't landed entirely, most of them have gotten mixed reviews.
    Color me surprised that the excessive comedy is actually turning people off.

I was going into this expecting Ragnarok 2.0 or basically doubling-down on the comedy.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I was going into this expecting Ragnarok 2.0 or basically doubling-down on the comedy.
    I am unsurprised Watiti couldn't handle Gorr.

Like this is a character who is completely pitch black, the tone of his story is along the lines of The Batman in terms of seriousness and darkness.

Man say what you will about Batman but at least his movies take themselves seriously. This movie should have been more serious if it was handling Gorr.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Man, where have you been, lol?
    Living under an Asgardian rock .

Jokes aside, I'm pretty new to Thor stuff, my knowledge is spotty at best.

Though now that I think of it, I do remember hearing he got killed after becoming Thunderstrike, so I forgot, or figured he'd have been back at some point lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Yeah they only really care about promoting fresh new characters instead of expanding on the old.

Like look at DC's whole thing with the Infinite Frontier/Future State stuff. They finally made a Wonder Girl ongoing and planned a Wonder Girl TV show but instead of using the long established Donna Troy or Cassandra Sandsmark, it was all for new girl Yara Flor. Then there's great Green Lantern, there's 7 human Lanterns yet they felt the need to promote ANOTHER human in Jo Mullein once again downplaying the more longstanding ones, even the incredibly popular Jessica Cruz who isn't even that old a character.
    Wasn't even aware of that Jo Mullein, and it's shocking they stopped pushing for Jessica, 'cause that "Justice League vs Fatal Five" was basically a Jessica wank, since she defeats most of Fatal Five solo, when just a few minutes before the other Leaguers struggled to defeat the rest one on one lol.

The Green Lantern case just baffles me, again 7 Lanterns all already fighting for screen time because DC can't be assed to properly manage them all yet they still wound introducing another one who will undoubtably be fighting for screen time in a few years. The Green Lanterns are effectively cannibalizing each other for screen time because DC can't stop making new characters and instead just use the ones they already have lying on the shelf.
    It might be a case of writers and artists trying to leave their mark, and creating a new popular character is more noticeable than rebranding an older one, specially one that's still semi active.

Could also be a case of the companies trying to make a character with less baggage, even if someone like Jessica Cruz doesn't have much baggage to begin with lol.

In Jane's case its kind of a Winter Soldier situation where they are technically a new character but they've been out of play for so long that the reinvention essentially turns them into a brand new character.
    At least Jane is still a bitch .

Really now, I'm checking out older Thor stories, while sometimes Jane has really understandable reasons to be annoyed at Blake, other times she's just annoying for the sake of it, silver age love interests were pretty annoying lol.

I think Shang-Chi has two half-sisters now?
    Checking out the wiki here, he has four, though two of them are new, one created in 2020, another created in 2021, damn lol.

The series also introduced two half-brothers, holy **** Shang-Chi's father was fucking around a lot lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    So far reviews of Thor: Love and Thunder have been pretty mixed.

There's a LOT of criticism of the humor in the movie.

Color me unsurprised, the movie looks faaaaaaaaaaaaar too comedic. It's interesting how most MCU phase 4 movies haven't landed entirely, most of them have gotten mixed reviews.
    An MCU movie with bad humor? How novel .

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Man this looks kinda scary lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I am unsurprised Watiti couldn't handle Gorr.

Like this is a character who is completely pitch black, the tone of his story is along the lines of The Batman in terms of seriousness and darkness.

Man say what you will about Batman but at least his movies take themselves seriously. This movie should have been more serious if it was handling Gorr.
    For whatever reason, MCU likes this "Haha our lives are so weird" humor.

Not only the jokes themselves are bad, making jokes that mocks the own setting are whatever, makes it look like they don't trust the material too.

It tends to be funnier when a goofy setting takes itself seriously, that's a big reason why I find B-movies so charming lol
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 07-05-2022 at 12:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    At least Jane is still a bitch .

Really now, I'm checking out older Thor stories, while sometimes Jane has really understandable reasons to be annoyed at Blake, other times she's just annoying for the sake of it, silver age love interests were pretty annoying lol.
    I think I remember in JMS her slapping Donald Blake because she felt like he was only talking to her because he thought Sif was in her body.
    For whatever reason, MCU likes this "Haha our lives are so weird" humor.

Not only the jokes themselves are bad, making jokes that mocks the own setting are whatever, makes it look like they don't trust the material too.

It tends to be funnier when a goofy setting takes itself seriously, that's a big reason why I find B-movies so charming lol
    I felt like there were so many awkward and drawn out jokes in No Way Home.

Astonishing Member

Not surprised, it turned me off Ragnarok.

Marvel should write a manual “how to turn humanity’s classic and ancient myths into worthless garbage”
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I think I remember in JMS her slapping Donald Blake because she felt like he was only talking to her because he thought Sif was in her body.
    Ain't casual abuse great? .

I felt like there were so many awkward and drawn out jokes in No Way Home.
    "Wait no, seriously, what's your actual name?"

- Guy who's friends with someone named "Happy".
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Marvel should write a manual “how to turn humanity’s classic and ancient myths into worthless garbage”
    [spoil]Zeus: When did we becone the joke?[\spoil]

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Lightning and Lament was pretty good.

I can't believe Love and Thunder is already out. People are still making memes about Strange.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Lightning and Lament was pretty good.

I can't believe Love and Thunder is already out. People are still making memes about Strange.
    If you want to avoid spoilers, stay away from YouTube, people have already started posting clips.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    If you want to avoid spoilers, stay away from YouTube, people have already started posting clips.
    People spoil **** here too.
    "Cable was right!"