Page 76 of 92 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1378
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Even if it's 1 million, I think it's too long.
    Yes, 1 million was picked by Aaron just because he thinks it sounds cool. It becomes enormously difficult to mesh with continuity though, but he’s never cared about that. According to Thor #293, there was a Ragnarok cycle 2,000 years ago, and so current Odin was “born” then and Thor some time after. Even if the Eye of Odin’s story is untrustworthy, were Thor older than 2,000 years, he would have recognized the error within the story outright. Furthermore, it was this very story arc that culminated in the reveal that Gaea is Thor’s mother, which is being reinforced now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I hear they chose Bendis over Hickman, that tells you something about DC lol.
    Yeah, DC is godawful these days. Hickman, even with his faults, would have brought a lot more substance to DC, which is just a mess after their gazillion soft reboots. Hickman seemed about to start the second half of his giant X-Men arc before Marvel interfered and started a holding pattern to milk all of Hickman's ideas using other writers. That's not a good idea as Hickman's most notable flaw is that his stories are almost too big and take too long to tell, and other writers make the entire story less coherent. (That said, I have liked Duggan's work on the main X-Men title.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    ...have they really tried, though?

Both Carol and Jen owe their origins to their male counterparts. Hell, I suspect the reason why Carol's movie was well received was because she was an active participant in her own origin, instead of gaining her powers by being rescued/born.

Marvel needs a female Blue Marvel, a character with their own origin and own backstory.

America Chavez is a good character, but won't cut it alone, and until Marvel figures out WTF they're doing with her
    America Chavez is a good character, but you’re right, Marvel doesn’t know what to do with her. Marvel shouldn’t try to shoehorn Carol into being their female powerhouse unless she’s in Binary mode all the time, there’s already too much continuity that puts her on a lower tier than Thor, Silver Surfer, and Hulk. Same with She-Hulk. It will be difficult to overcome that previously established perception. It should not be that hard though to create a powerhouse woman from scratch and establish her on the top power tier where no Marvel females seem to reside currently.

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    Is Cates still going to on the book next year?
    I hope not. Marvel, please put Ewing, Gillen, or Hickman on Thor.

I hope not. Marvel, please put Ewing, Gillen, or Hickman on Thor.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by adey040812; 08-24-2022 at 01:50 PM.

I’m not sure about Ewing considering what I heard about how he wrote Thor in Immortal Hulk.
    Gillen would be good again.
    I’d LOVE to see what Hickman would do with Thor in his ongoing book, he wrote a great Thor in his Avengers run and in a couple minis.
    I guess I can dream

So I hear Unworthy Thor is back in Avengers Forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I hear Unworthy Thor is back in Avengers Forever?
    Yea...

https://www.cbr.com/new-thor-debuts-...orever-marvel/

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Oh lord, he's actually talking to the hammer again...

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Okay does Aaron think the only alternate universe characters are composite characters?

Seriously Iron Fist Thor?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Okay does Aaron think the only alternate universe characters are composite characters?

Seriously Iron Fist Thor?
    Who wants to bet he'll get his ass handed to him, anyways?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    I’m not sure about Ewing considering what I heard about how he wrote Thor in Immortal Hulk.
    Gillen would be good again.
    I’d LOVE to see what Hickman would do with Thor in his ongoing book, he wrote a great Thor in his Avengers run and in a couple minis.
    I guess I can dream
    Ewing is usually an excellent writer, but IMO he wouldn't be a good Thor writer.

He subscribes to the whole 'Gods are stories' angle, which is interesting in novels, but doesn't work great in a world where Gods are flesh and blood people.

I liked Iron Fist Thor. Was he unworthy? He started out that way. I dare say though that he confronted his unworthiness head on and kept attacking it until his disgrace was afraid of him.

At first, I was confused. Where are the mysticism and dragons and chi? That's Iron Fist stuff. So Thor becomes an Iron Fist just by doing that?

But the more I thought about it, there's already mysticism when a god is involved. So it made sense.

Overall, I liked this iteration of Thor.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

Aaron keeps saving me money, more garbage in my opinion.

Thanks to marvel, and JA, I have money for my other hobby's.

Cheers🙄

Astonishing Member

I'm reminded that in the final issue of Jane's Thor run, in the comment section I saw a lot of people saying that they were never interested in Thor comics or comics in general untiil they heard about Jane Thor and got in cause they were interested.

Which is interesting cause it indicates that whole marketing campaign they did, starting with announcing the character on the View of all things actually worked. They actually managed to gain a decent influx of new fans interested in the novelty of a female-Thor.

Of course it wound up being a double-edged sword as these readers mostly left after Jane-Thor ended. Its why I always thought making Jane into Valkyrie was a mistake, as Jane was popular because of the novelty of a female Thor. After that was lost Jane essentially became any other female character. People only cared about her when she had the hammer, if they didn't characters like Siff would be more popular sadly.
    Did Thor sales tank when Jane stopped being the focus?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Did Thor sales tank when Jane stopped being the focus?
    I don't think so, I refer more how when Jane got the Valkyrie ongoings I don't think her sales there were ever as high as while as Thor.

Astonishing Member

I don't think so, I refer more how when Jane got the Valkyrie ongoings I don't think her sales there were ever as high as while as Thor.
    Ah I see! Thanks!

That's an interesting observation, I've seen some sales analysis they shows the run up to her reveal as the new user of mjolnir did very well, but it started to drop somewhat from them on, but still did well.

Of course that's not unusual with marvels event and relaunch tactics across its books generally.

The thing is, Arron's Jane-as-Thor run is a pretty satisfying and compelling... provided you don't care too much about Thor, Odin at al. It doesn't do Thor and Odin justice at all, just throws them under a bus to make Jane more necessary, but lots of people didn't seem to care.