Page 70 of 92 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1378

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Is Aaron's Odin the worst Odin ever? I think he is. Aaron has reduced what should be one of the MU's most fascinating and complex characters into a joke caricature of a barbarian king.
    Well, Fraction kind of started it and now other writers are just kind of stuck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Will the pain never stop! Why is he so obsessed with making this happen? And who does he think is so interested in this new origin for Thor? I just find the whole thing silly( same with the whole BC concept). I don't even know why I care anymore either, since he and Fraction already ruined 616 Thor for me long ago. The idea is just so awful I don't understand why it was approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Is Aaron's Odin the worst Odin ever? I think he is. Aaron has reduced what should be one of the MU's most fascinating and complex characters into a joke caricature of a barbarian king.
    Yes, Aaron's(and Fraction's) Odin is the worst. That was part of what drove me from the Thor comics which I used to love so much.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Will the pain never stop! Why is he so obsessed with making this happen? And who does he think is so interested in this new origin for Thor? I just find the whole thing silly( same with the whole BC concept). I don't even know why I care anymore either, since he and Fraction already ruined 616 Thor for me long ago. The idea is just so awful I don't understand why it was approved.

Yes, Aaron's(and Fraction's) Odin is the worst. That was part of what drove me from the Thor comics which I used to love so much.
    Totally agree, Odin has been broken, painfully by recent writers, it's shocking ,and has helped my continued saving cash on Thor books

Thor's still my favourite marvel hero though, but that's not saying much these days for me

I pray for a new ragnarok to come and wipe away all the garbage of the last 10 years, Oeming did an excellent work last time, It was sincerely marvelous!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Totally agree, Odin has been broken, painfully by recent writers, it's shocking ,and has helped my continued saving cash on Thor books

Thor's still my favourite marvel hero though, but that's not saying much these days for me
    Me too. No matter what, I'll always consider Thor among the top-tier (T_T)

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I pray for a new ragnarok to come and wipe away all the garbage of the last 10 years, Oeming did an excellent work last time, It was sincerely marvelous!
    Yeah! Oeming's work with Thor (both as writer and/or artist) will always be on my list of must-reads

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I'd be good with this

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What did Matt Fraction do? That was before my time.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What did Matt Fraction do? That was before my time.
    Well:

- Helped create Kid Loki.

- Turned Don Blake evil (got him beheaded)

- Introduced Odin's evil brother and created a whole event about him (Fear Itself).

- Introduced a fake Thor that was Ulik.

- Made Odin very aggressive and kind of pompous.

- Gave Thor and Sif a sex scene.

- Made some random priest Galactus' new herald?

I haven't read it myself but that's about the cliff notes version I know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well:

- Introduced Odin's evil brother and created a whole event about him (Fear Itself).

Don't forget...

- Turned The Silver Surfer back into human/mortal form & forced him to put on some pants.

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-15-2022 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

People can't resist giving Thor a beard.

Astonishing Member

Well:

IIRC at the time kid Loki was well received, I don't know if it's still the same now. But Loki was probably always going to be brought back one way or another (even the last Thor movie joked about that), and the baby Yoda was mad popular in more recent times, so you can see an angle there.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

People can't resist giving Thor a beard.
    cuz it's hawwwwt my dude

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Well:

I've only read Fear Itself and Ulik Thor.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    cuz it's hawwwwt my dude
    Not as much as it is on Hemsworth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm still not sure why he's so obsessed with this pairing and origin.

Its like if Black Panther's father had an affair with Captain America's mother and there was an entire series dedicated to their romance that eventually produced T'Challa.

Its very confusing.
    The problem is that Aaron likes Phoenix, and wants to use her for his own fanfictions, but problem is, he likes her but doesn't get her, that's a really bad combination lol.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    The only explanation why stuff like that happens is that Aaron is the new Bendis at Marvel.

Bendis was someone who had a bunch of ideas, good and bad, and Marvel accepted both, one of these ideas as Disassembled, which fucked over Wanda's character because he wanted a new Avengers team with less classic members.

Aaron is in a similar position, he wrote stuff that is popular and now Marvel lets him do whatever, regardless of whether or not the fans like it.

Odin/Phoenix ship is just weird though, when I randomly heard of it before I knew more of Thor and X-Men stuff, my reaction was just a confused "What?", now that I know more of both I can say it's just weird, to put it lightly, and I have yet to see anyone who actually likes it, be it a Thor or an X-Men fan, so I can only wonder why Marvel keeps pushing it considering Cates decided to say again that Gaia is Thor's mother, then a month or two later Aaron went back to Phoenix lol.

Speaking of this nonsense, do we know when the "secret origin" that explains how this happened will be coming out? 'Cause I'd assume paper shortage delayed it.

Blake can't catch a break man lol.

From what I hear, Odin was actually less bad before Fear Itself, and even said that brother wasn't much of a threat before, then all of a sudden the brother is super dangerous, Odin becomes a bigger douche and Fraction forgets about stuff he established.

Haven't checked out the run yet though, this is what I heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then