Page 74 of 92 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1378
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

I would say that the Phoenix force has caused more havoc in the Marvel universe than Odin ever has.

As for the writing, the CBR review kind of touched on the issues that a lot of us have raised here https://www.cbr.com/marvel-avengers-...0-bc-1-review/. The whole thing about Thor’s birth is needlessly convoluted and just involves too many retcons.Jason Aaron is bending and breaking continuity to tell his stories and it ultimately affects the output.

Then reading the issue, the whole thing about “the gods not caring” is just partially true. In continuity, Thor and Odin have sacrificed themselves to save the nine realms a number of times (Odin nearly died when he tried to stop the Celestial Fourth Host back in the day). This is just another instance of Aaron’s atheism overtaking the story he’s trying to tell and once again it hurts the output (his Odin doesn’t seem like the kind of god that would sacrifice his eye for wisdom when all he wants is sex and alcohol). Aaron has to continually ignore continuity and it leads to all manner of retcons that don’t really make any sense when matched up to what came before.
    It really is a good thing that Aaron didn't wrote more than he had to and only focused on his dynamic with Khonshu, because I wince at the possibility of Aaron going into Marc's Judaism.

Like sure Marc isn't a practicing Jew, but at least he's not an ass about faith. Like the current McKay run features a nuanced discission about religion that Aaron just isn't capable of.

You would never hear Aaron's Marc admit that his father was the stronger man because he held true to his faith while Marc was the weaker one, who shunned the God of his people that lead them out of Egypt for the God of the people that kept them there.

BANNED

I do not know if current Odin is the worse Odin but, personally speaking, I find current Mjolnir to be the greatest ******* in the MU nowadays.
    Thor's early issues (Lee and Kirby era) are being released in Greece translated in greek and I red what's has being released until now. From what I red so far, Thor and Mjolnir were a unique pair of partners in this struggle against the forces of evil with each other enjoying a unique and mutual respect.
    Ever since Original Sin, Mjolnir is being portrayed as a pompous and unbearable jackass who things itself as a sanctimonious force of nature too great for the likes of Thor who had turned way too humple (a virtue Thor was exiled to Earth by Odin to learn in the first place) for it's liking and now it is portrayed as a weird rip of Glenn Gloose's character in Fatal Attraction.

Ok, to all the people working at marvel, repeat after me : “Mjolnir is just a hammer, an inanimate object, a tool, it does no need a personality nor should it ever be able to express opinions or talk.”
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Recent years have just made me so...done, with Mjolnir.

It is so strange that Mjonir went from being Excalibur-like to having a mind of its own, it's bad enough that it's sentient, but it doesn't even seem to like Thor that much, and now Odin is inside it. If Cates has issues with his dad, I wish he would talk to a therapist instead of taking it out on us.

I'll be glad when Aaron finally moves on from writing Thor and his mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I want him to sign an exclusive contract with dc comics so that I can safely read my marvel comics without worrying about his lame fanfiction
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aaron's only redeeming quality is that he is the best Black Panther writer at Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra
    I want him to sign an exclusive contract with dc comics so that I can safely read my marvel comics without worrying about his lame fanfiction.
    DC is currently in the worst decade of its existence creatively. It wouldn't surprise me if they offer an exclusive contract to him.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Ok, to all the people working at marvel, repeat after me : “Mjolnir is just a hammer, an inanimate object, a tool, it does no need a personality nor should it ever be able to express opinions or talk.”
    Remember when Mjolnir was one of the best WEAPON's in the Marvel U with nothing that said it was alive and sentient? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    Last edited by Hulkout42; 08-21-2022 at 11:00 PM.

When is Aaron leaving any and all Avengers related characters so i know when to break out the drink and celebrate? I give a damn if tried to retcon the retcon on Thor, i just want him to leave Thor alone and let the Phoenix be stuck at the X-office and back to being a primordial force of the universe and not someone with mere mortal issues.
    Last edited by Hulkout42; 08-21-2022 at 11:00 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    It really is a good thing that Aaron didn't wrote more than he had to and only focused on his dynamic with Khonshu, because I wince at the possibility of Aaron going into Marc's Judaism.

Like sure Marc isn't a practicing Jew, but at least he's not an ass about faith. Like the current McKay run features a nuanced discission about religion that Aaron just isn't capable of.

You would never hear Aaron's Marc admit that his father was the stronger man because he held true to his faith while Marc was the weaker one, who shunned the God of his people that lead them out of Egypt for the God of the people that kept them there.
    The biggest problem with Aaron is that he clearly doesn't understand modern issues, and how to apply them in comics.

I mean, he clearly wants to punish Thor for toxic masculinity, but that's not Thor's character.

Worse is how Aaron f**king worships Punisher, who does, in fact, embody toxic masculinity and who Aaron is actively trying to white wash.

Using Thor to bash religion is a failure on so many levels, in large part because no one worships a God like Thor (as no superhumans actually exist).

And yeesh, don't get me started on his piss poor take on feminism...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Isn't it a little too late for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Remember when Mjolnir was one of the best WEAPON's in the Marvel U with nothing that said it was alive and sentient? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    I know, right?! No matter what, Mjolnir will always have a special place in my heart

BANNED

Comictropes declared Aaron's run on Thor as the best in recent years.