Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
New Love & Thunder trailer dropped:

Thoughts:

- So who is the true main character and titular Thor in the movie?

- So when does Thor get the gold armor upgrade? It seems like he has the normal viking look and that armor in the same sequence where he gets to see Jane.

- I'm disappointed that Jane is just herself in her Thor form. They did the same thing in the Avengers Assemble cartoon but it feels like it's missing one of the key components of her Thor that her whole speech and diction changes. But here it's just basically Jane with muscles.

- Also she looks kind of weird in the helmet without the white eyes...

- Seems like they're keeping one thing of Jane's Thor tenure from the Jason Aaron run...that is she can do stuff with Mjolnir that Thor couldn't and the hammer might actually prefer her. Are those afterimages or were those pieces of it breaking apart to hit bad guys?

- Apex Lex...I mean, Gorr the God Butcher is here! I dunno, I'm kind of bummed he looks more like a pale-faced Christian Bale than his comic book self. I guess its' so he seems more human or...emotive, I guess? But the character seems stoic otherwise. It feels like they're trying to incorporate his comic motivation of turning against the Gods from the comics, as well as his interest in Thor as an individual, but I'm not sure if it'll all work in the end.

- So Thor has been counting the the exact time he and Jane have been separated. I guess they're really going to push that he never got over her now (sorry to anyone who thought Sif still had a shot at being the main love interest) even after all this time which...doesn't quite track with me, but whatever. Honestly I'd be more surprised if Jane still carried a torch after 8 years, although at least for Gods time probably moves differently. Now is Bruce Banner ever going to mention Betty Ross again?

- Looks like The Greek Gods take Thor captive thinking he's a threat and throwing him into a gladiatorial ring. Looks like Valkyrie gets to use Zeus' lightning bolt too.

- Ah yes, the classic scene of Thor being stripped nude! He and his brother get this a lot. Gotta get your classic MCU male fanservice in there.