Page 46 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I know about that, but regardless of what was said, the hammer shouldn't have dropped even if Thor didn't feel he was worthy, that's not how it works lol.
    I guess he felt less noble or something LMAO.

Aaron lets his bias as an atheist and a feminist affect his writing too muchi, it's too obvious, it'd be harder to not notice it.
    yeah, he also likes to give Thor women who are bigger than him like She-Hulk, Erika the Red and Frost Giant woman from another reality.

how do you call that fetish where men like bigger women again???

I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Aaron lets his bias as an atheist and a feminist affect his writing too muchi, it's too obvious, it'd be harder to not notice it.
    Aaron really can't help himself sometimes. Though I wonder if he really is a feminist, Jane acted exactly like Thor Odinson and he made Jen into a female version of the Savage Hulk which is a creatively bankrupt idea, (that people have been calling for on twitter since the trailer dropped, its a new version of the exhausted "bAtMaN sHoUlD uSe hIs mOnEy tO wIpE oUt cRiMe" take) I suppose it's feminist if framed through the lens of neoliberal feminism, the kind of feminism that tells women the only way they can move forward is by emulating men.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I guess he felt less noble or something LMAO.

yeah, he also likes to give Thor women who are bigger than him like She-Hulk, Erika the Red and Frost Giant woman from another reality.

I forgot.
    This is another thing I've been seeing more and more of lately, where tall, muscular women are becoming more and more objectified. I guess it's because it falls outside of the male gaze, or buff girls piss off the people they don't like, but they're still objectifying women. Buff girls don't want to be treated like objects anymore than slim, curvy, or petite women.

Ultimate Member

Exactly.

There are some writers that allow their personal politics completely color and sometimes shatter their work. Garth Ennis, Ta-Nehisi Coates, and even Judd Winnick fall squarely into this category.

That's not to say I don't agree with some of their political views but the way they are put in their work completely lacks subtlety. Guys like Al Ewing put their politics into his work but it's very subtle and doesn't necessarily affect the overall narrative (case in the point, the introduction of a trans character in Immortal Hulk and how people react to said character), same with Cates right now (note the line in Thor 25 about people on the border looking for a better life or even the mystery event with Hulk being in El Paso), there are ways to inject politics into work that still allows it to breathe...even if we don't agree with everything they are saying.

Aaron completely upended Odin's characterization, Asgard's history, and Thor's narrative as a superhero and a good god. He's gone out of his way to totally change existing characters and their stories because of his personal views. It's impossible to ignore in his work even for his biggest fans.
    Last edited by Username taken; 05-19-2022 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Aaron really can't help himself sometimes. Though I wonder if he really is a feminist, Jane acted exactly like Thor Odinson and he made Jen into a female version of the Savage Hulk which is a creatively bankrupt idea, (that people have been calling for on twitter since the trailer dropped, its a new version of the exhausted "bAtMaN sHoUlD uSe hIs mOnEy tO wIpE oUt cRiMe" take) I suppose it's feminist if framed through the lens of neoliberal feminism, the kind of feminism that tells women the only way they can move forward is by emulating men.

This is another thing I've been seeing more and more of lately, where tall, muscular women are becoming more and more objectified. I guess it's because it falls outside of the male gaze, or buff girls piss off the people they don't like, but they're still objectifying women. Buff girls don't want to be treated like objects anymore than slim, curvy, or petite women.
    I remember how Aaron made such a big deal about how the new "Hulk" (because Aaron seems to hate the name She-Hulk) was less sexualized and freer than normal She-Hulk even though she walked around naked and was lusted after by trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember how Aaron made such a big deal about how the new "Hulk" (because Aaron seems to hate the name She-Hulk) was less sexualized and freer than normal She-Hulk even though she walked around naked and was lusted after by trolls.
    She also wore a purple space bikini (which has returned on the Damage Control covers) and Thor loved the idea of her breaking him in half, man that was strange.

Sif was into it...
    Couldn't agree more. Here's the proof...

AVENGERS #59

JASON AARON (W) • JAVIER GARRÓN (A/C)
    BEYOND AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VARIANT COVER BY MARK BAGLEY
    THE LEGEND OF RENO PHOENIX AND THE STARBRAND KID!
    The Avengers’ journey through time brings them to the Old West, where they cross paths with a couple of History’s Mightiest Heroes, whose six-guns are loaded with the greatest powers of the heavens. But is that enough to force a showdown with the forces of Mephisto? Or will the Avengers be lost in time forever?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

THOR #28

DONNY CATES (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A) • Cover by NIC KLEIN
    BEYOND AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VARIANT COVER BY GREG SMALLWOOD
    THOR VS. VENOM – ROUND TWO!
    Hammer vs. tongue! Thunder vs. symbiote! Golden hair vs. pointy teeth! It’s the epic finale of this dark, twisted team-up between Thor and Venom! How will events from the current VENOM series impact the future of Asgard? Find out here!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

wow, Thor vs Venom, so excited......

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    THOR #28

DONNY CATES (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A) • Cover by NIC KLEIN
    BEYOND AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VARIANT COVER BY GREG SMALLWOOD
    THOR VS. VENOM – ROUND TWO!
    Hammer vs. tongue! Thunder vs. symbiote! Golden hair vs. pointy teeth! It’s the epic finale of this dark, twisted team-up between Thor and Venom! How will events from the current VENOM series impact the future of Asgard? Find out here!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I hope this is the "Cosmic Venom" with the power of Knull.

Anything other than that and Thor should brutally stomp Venom.

So first Hulk and now Venom...too many crossovers.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

AVENGERS #59

JASON AARON (W) • JAVIER GARRÓN (A/C)
    BEYOND AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VARIANT COVER BY MARK BAGLEY
    THE LEGEND OF RENO PHOENIX AND THE STARBRAND KID!
    The Avengers’ journey through time brings them to the Old West, where they cross paths with a couple of History’s Mightiest Heroes, whose six-guns are loaded with the greatest powers of the heavens. But is that enough to force a showdown with the forces of Mephisto? Or will the Avengers be lost in time forever?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    so so dumb, I wonder when will Aaron get to his endgame. I wonder if it will be after Judgement Day?

I also hate that they broke Mjölnir just to match the movie

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    so so dumb, I wonder when will Aaron get to his endgame. I wonder if it will be after Judgement Day?

I also hate that they broke Mjölnir just to match the movie
    Aaron loves breaking Mjolnir in one form or another as much as he loves breaking Thor .

I'm also really tired of bearded Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I get the feeling those women beat up Thor lol.

I forgot.
    Macrophilia, I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    If we go by the meaning of feminism that is basically egalitarian, then definitely not, but he uses the type that is basically misandrist, at least when it comes to how he treats male characters at times lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

There are some writers that allow their personal politics completely color and sometimes shatter their work. Garth Ennis, Ta-Nehisi Coates, and even Judd Winnick fall squarely into this category.

That's not to say I don't agree with some of their political views but the way they are put in their work completely lacks subtlety. Guys like Al Ewing put their politics into his work but it's very subtle and doesn't necessarily affect the overall narrative (case in the point, the introduction of a trans character in Immortal Hulk and how people react to said character), same with Cates right now (note the line in Thor 25 about people on the border looking for a better life or even the mystery event with Hulk being in El Paso), there are ways to inject politics into work that still allows it to breathe...even if we don't agree with everything they are saying.

Aaron completely upended Odin's characterization, Asgard's history, and Thor's narrative as a superhero and a good god. He's gone out of his way to totally change existing characters and their stories because of his personal views. It's impossible to ignore in his work even for his biggest fans.
    Yeah while putting your point of view about some **** can actually help a story, you first have to ask if it's a good idea.

DeMatteis from what I hear is a pacifist, and you get the impression that's the case in his stories about Spidey, in which he tries to help villains if it's an option, that is in-character for him and it works.

Then there's the complete opposite, Aaron, who's an atheist, so we have "Gorr was right" being a cosmic truth so powerful that Mjolnir becomes a sentient douchebag with an opinion who believes in this cosmic truth... Yay? All gods are worthless including the guy who constantly saves the damn world? Give me a break.

She once famously wielded Mjolnir as Thor, Goddess of Thunder.
    Aaron must be pissed right now .

So first Hulk and now Venom...too many crossovers.
    Who's Thor gonna get beat up by next? My bet is on Shocker .
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 05-19-2022 at 09:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then