Page 49 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember everyone thinking Supreme Strange was going to be in MoM and it turns out...nope! At least from what I've heard.
    There were two other alternate Stranges and I have no idea what they're called by the fanbase, who's Supreme Strange?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    There were two other alternate Stranges and I have no idea what they're called by the fanbase, who's Supreme Strange?

The track for Death Battle's Thor vs Vegeta episode.

Ultimate Member

I must say this Banner of War series is very Hulk centric.

Thor isn’t exactly pushing the narrative forward at all. And the power levels in the series is a little wonky.

And it isn’t really a Hulk vs Thor series.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I must say this Banner of War series is very Hulk centric.

Thor isn’t exactly pushing the narrative forward at all. And the power levels in the series is a little wonky.

And it isn’t really a Hulk vs Thor series.
    Isn't that kind of ironic when Cates started out writing Thor to begin with before he even started a Hulk book?

Okay, the thumbnail made me think he had Infinity Stones for a while.

And how the **** can anyone think this guy would show up? At best, he could be a cameo, but that's it.

And no, he didn't even make a cameo, the alternate Strangers are spoilers:
    One from Illuminati world, where he used Darkhold, destroyed an universe, but managed to save his own from Thanos, and another who also used Darkhold and I think may have caused the destruction of his own, either that or it's the result of an Incursion, and he's a musician.
    end of spoilers

But seriously, what the **** is this Supreme Strange? When I saw him casually multiplying Mjolnirs I was already baffled, and that's just the beginning of the video lol.

Isn't that kind of ironic when Cates started out writing Thor to begin with before he even started a Hulk book?
    It's possibly because he started writing Hulk earlier that this is the reason this story is Hulk centric, since it's Hulk's turn to casually have completely absurd feats lol.

Okay, the thumbnail made me think he had Infinity Stones for a while.

And how the **** can anyone think this guy would show up? At best, he could be a cameo, but that's it.

And no, he didn't even make a cameo, the alternate Strangers are spoilers:
    One from Illuminati world, where he used Darkhold, destroyed an universe, but managed to save his own from Thanos, and another who also used Darkhold and I think may have caused the destruction of his own, either that or it's the result of an Incursion, and he's a musician.
    end of spoilers

But seriously, what the **** is this Supreme Strange? When I saw him casually multiplying Mjolnirs I was already baffled, and that's just the beginning of the video lol.
    Most people assumed he'd show up since he was such a prominent part of What If and the most memorable Strange Variant.

But most people also probably assumed we were going to see the main Mordo at some point so...(shrugs).

Most people assumed he'd show up since he was such a prominent part of What If and the most memorable Strange Variant.
    Still man, this guy is overpowered enough that maybe peak comics Strange would struggle with, maybe even lose.

Seriously, just suddenly making a bunch of Mjolnirs, reminds me that a villain made a clone Thor in Journey Into Mystery#95, the machine casually made extra hammers too... Silver age goofiness I swear lol.

But most people also probably assumed we were going to see the main Mordo at some point so...(shrugs).
    At least that's a natural assumption to make considering how the last Strange movie ended.

Thinking of it, Strange talks like his Mordo was always villainous and it's why he assumes Illuminati Mordo is evil, which's, not really what happened with Mordo in the first movie, I think he's just someone who got sick of Strange's **** and left, but it's been a while...

At least that's a natural assumption to make considering how the last Strange movie ended.

Thinking of it, Strange talks like his Mordo was always villainous and it's why he assumes Illuminati Mordo is evil, which's, not really what happened with Mordo in the first movie, I think he's just someone who got sick of Strange's **** and left, but it's been a while...
    Yeah, Mordo saw Strange and the Ancient One were using magic from the Dark Dimension or something to that effect and then thought people didn't deserve to have dangerous magic, but then we never even see him again so he's apparently had his villain phase completely off-screen.

Ultimate Member

It's interesting to see how Hulk receives power-up after power-up.

The guy is releasing the energy of 3000 gamma bombs and now has "gamma-ray" vision.

Thor says they have to stop the Hulk, but he hasn't done much. It's been Odin taking all the initiative in the fight.

I will say that Thor not getting instantly vaporized by the 3000 gamma bomb energy burst and being turned into a Hulk is some sort of durability feat I guess.

Yeah, Mordo saw Strange and the Ancient One were using magic from the Dark Dimension or something to that effect and then thought people didn't deserve to have dangerous magic, but then we never even see him again so he's apparently had his villain phase completely off-screen.
    I think there was also something about "Magic comes at a cost" and using something like the Time Stone could be too high of a cost, or he thought so, and didn't want to be around Strange 'cause of that, but again, been a while...

Regardless, the stuff Strange said about him makes no sense with what we actually saw lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It's interesting to see how Hulk receives power-up after power-up.

The guy is releasing the energy of 3000 gamma bombs and now has "gamma-ray" vision.
    Man, Jackie had a gamma-ray vision at the end of Immortal Hulk, Banner's really gonna steal that from her? .

What's next, he'll be able to fly again? Maybe have ice breath that is gamma related?

Thor says they have to stop the Hulk, but he hasn't done much. It's been Odin taking all the initiative in the fight.
    Why's that ******* not dead again?

I will say that Thor not getting instantly vaporized by the 3000 gamma bomb energy burst and being turned into a Hulk is some sort of durability feat I guess.
    He didn't get vaporized by the gamma bomb energy so Hulk's fists can do that instead .

Am I hearing right or did the latest issue of Avengers have Jane Foster lusting after Mjolnir pretty heavily?

Ultimate Member

Am I hearing right or did the latest issue of Avengers have Jane Foster lusting after Mjolnir pretty heavily?
    Aaron is running out of stories at this point.

Seems like he struggles to write her as anything other than Jane Thor. I could be wrong but I don't think he stayed on her Valkyrie title long before passing it to Torrun.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Seems like he struggles to write her as anything other than Jane Thor. I could be wrong but I don't think he stayed on her Valkyrie title long before passing it to Torrun.
    Very good point.

He can't apparently write her as anything else apart from being Thor.