Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1378

So Thor was the beginning and ending story in Thanos Death Notes and ends up learning quite a bit of information about him and his father. The second story is more of an iron story and does pose Tony with an interesting situation that may come back to bite him either way. And just went i was like this is more about so and so than Thanos i was hit with the main course a beautifully drawn story about love, sacrafice and for me the reason why thanos can only love death and it makes sense now. And Thanos is truly a fool for love. Got to love it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I would say an issue is considering Laussa's natural appearance as blonde and blue-eyed, you are basically just gonna wind up with a female Thor essentially so its not the most exciting of character design and plus Brunnhilde already sorta fills that niche.

And honestly considering her age she would just be an annoyingly modern hip character compared to the old-timey Aesir.

Yeah just read thor and this wasn't bad but it wasn't good. The best thing about this was the art to be honest and coming off of the Thanos issue this really dropped the ball. I think my sister, your daughter was mentioned in some way, shape, or form about five times. It was like we get it, no need to beat us over the head with OdinHammer. The plot is also kind of cliche and the ending page while i'm sure a surprise i was like who? and then oh great another person to let us know they are father/child or siblings.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, the sister just randomly turned up in a book nobody really read that much of and with no build up. I don't think it's much better.
    The difference is that she didn't appear and we're all told that she's always been there, fully formed, etc.

And Angela was a 90s character and they expected us to forget that

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The difference is that she didn't appear and we're all told that she's always been there, fully formed, etc.

And Angela was a 90s character and they expected us to forget that
    Either way I'm not sure if either character really has a place in Thor comics.

Amazing Member

I think Cates's Thor wasn't good but at least I liked the cast and at least it made me interested on what will happen, the new author isn't bad but she miss something.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Either way I'm not sure if either character really has a place in Thor comics.
    Well Laussa basically is just a baby at the moment. Like there is no point to her unless you really want Thor to have a baby sister I guess.

Though considering how Marvel can be a bit pushy about new female heroes, wouldn't surprise me if they tried to do something similar with her.

Ultimate Member

The last Thor issue wasn't bad at all.

That being said, it feels like Torunn is basically completing Cates's grand plan (which he set up in his very first arc on the book) while she inserts characters she is more interested in.

Whatever Marvel is doing, it'll be best for Cates to come in and finish what he's started.

This has been bothering me the whole time. Why didn't Thor take Mjolnir with him to fight Gorr if he didn't want Jane using it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Though considering how Marvel can be a bit pushy about new female heroes,
    A bit pushy? A door to door salesman can be a bit pushy. Shoppers on Black Friday can be a bit pushy. A mugger can be a bit pushy. Marvel, when trying to put over a female character can be a little...intense.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

So, is Cates not on the book after Torunn Grřnbekk finishes her " Legacy of Thanos" arc?
    I stopped buying the book before the Venom crossover, so I've no idea what's going on now.
    All I heard recently was that Cates is leaving the Hulk book and Ottley is filling in for a couple issues with the writing and art and then he's off.

If this is the case, will we get some info soon?
    Thor really needs a writer who actually really wants to write him. Someone who will put him through the ringer, but show a lot of respect for him too.
    Unfortunately, I think that there aren't many writers who fall into this category nowadays.

I'd love Hickman to write him again. It was amazing how he wrote Thor in Avengers. The issue with the Builders when Cap sent Thor as the only one who he could trust to represent
    the heroes and multiple worlds as an "envoy" was amazing, and Thor's "negotiating" ways with the Builders. Also, his and Hyperion's last stand against the Builders epitomised what Thor is all about. Which is something we have rarely seen from him in recent years.

I have liked Cates' Thor most of the time, but if he isn't writing the book anymore and moving on to other things then good luck to him.
    I just hope Marvel do get a writer that wants to write Thor stories about Thor and not have a specific agenda to use the book as a soapbox for their own personal
    opinion on certain issues.

Here's hoping..

Ya know its funny playing ROW Ragnarok has really revitalized a love of Norse Myth in me. I knew GOW's portrayal of Norse Myth is very particular but its very entertaining and pretty well researched. Baldur from the previous game was an interesting interpretation of his whole invulnerability bit.

Makes me want to see more Norse stuff and like actual Norse stuff, not just putting modern characters in Norse identities like with Jane. I mean has anything ever done with the likes of Baldur or Tyr? Like I'm not saying turn Marvel Baldur into an insane maniac like GOW Baldur but ya know do something cool with him.

I mean Hell Thor has at least 3 kids in the myths, Magni, Modi, and Thrudd, all born by Siff. Thor has multiple daughter figures, his granddaughters of Thunder in King Thor's time, and Brigid from Captain Marvel The End (weird appearance there), how come none of them are named Thrud?

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE OMEGA #1
    Written by JASON AARON
    Art by JAVIER GARRÓN, AARON KUDER, JIM TOWE, IVAN FIORELLI, AND MORE
    Cover by AARON KUDER

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE OMEGA #1
    Written by JASON AARON
    Art by JAVIER GARRÓN, AARON KUDER, JIM TOWE, IVAN FIORELLI, AND MORE
    Cover by AARON KUDER
    Aaron is single handledly bringing down Thor and the avengers. I'm sorry i bought the first 20 issues of avengers and it was pretty good until this celestial past million bc bull started. I mean i got about 15 issues total maybe more of thor's current run and it was good until aaron stuff starting to purposefully contradict it which is what made me start to pull away from avengers but this is just getting annoying at this point. It's just too confusing.

I'm just not getting it. I even tried phoenix endsong. It just isn't riveting, mu changing stuff. it's like he is dragging his own name for as long as he can at this point and as long as marvel is okay with it "geeeeeeet mooooooneeeeeey." it's actually annoying cause again it's confusing. These are not great stories no shade on anyone enjoying them but i don't see any passion about these stories one way or the other.
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-22-2022 at 05:48 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I hope the end of Aaron's Avengers run is also the end of him writing Thor in any significant capacity.