Page 14 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I just wish he had his helmet, Thor needs to stop being depicted helmetless
    Couldn't agree more. Classic helmet is best, though.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Classic helmet is best, though.

*chef's kiss*

I wish MCU Thor wore his helmet for more than five minutes.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Explain to me how they are congruent when Thor's reactions in their respective runs are completely different?
    The characters are clearly the same except that Cates' Thor is acting as King of Asgard as has evolved beyond tying his ego to Mjolnir. Some superficial character progression does not equate to reversal.

Both depictions are completely in-line with Fraction's as well, the Viking brute with daddy issues instead of the classic noble warrior.

He doesn't blindly trust Loki, so what's your point?
    I'm beginning to wonder if you even read this run.
    He blindly trusted Loki to dispose of Blake.
    When Thor asked what he would do with Blake Loki simply responded with "would you have me lie to you" and Thor relented. This is the literal definition of blind trust.

Why is that, when she's admitted to being connected to Magog, a creature of hate?
    Who would be a greater authority than the creature that has shown the ability to defy both Odin and Thor's efforts to overcome the worthiness enchantment?
    The Mother Storm is clearly the greatest authority on the matter at this point in the story.
    Is she lying? Maybe, maybe not -- as of yet there is no indication she is and there is no question she is the greatest authority on the matter.
    Last edited by Galan; 02-24-2022 at 10:23 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galan View Post
    The characters are clearly the same except that Cates' Thor is acting as King of Asgard as has evolved beyond tying his ego to Mjolnir. Some superficial character progression does not equate to reversal.

Both depictions are completely in-line with Fraction's as well, the Viking brute with daddy issues instead of the classic noble warrior.
    Did you miss the entire arc with Galactus?

I'm beginning to wonder if you even read this run.
    He blindly trusted Loki to dispose of Blake.
    When Thor asked what he would do with Blake Loki simply responded with "would you have me lie to you" and Thor relented. This is the literal definition of blind trust.
    That was Thor not wanting to hear the answer, not trusting Loki

Who would be a greater authority than the creature that has shown the ability to defy both Odin and Thor's efforts to overcome the worthiness enchantment?
    The Mother Storm is clearly the greatest authority on the matter at this point in the story.
    Is she lying? Maybe, maybe not -- as of yet there is no indication she is and there is no question she is the greatest authority on the matter.
    I don't understand why she would be an objective authority in anything, given that she's shown to be able to remove the enchantment and is connected to Magog

All-New Member

Did you miss the entire arc with Galactus?
    Unfortunately I did not...I'm not sure how you think anything in that arc refutes my statements.
    Because Thor shed a tear? lol

That was Thor not wanting to hear the answer, not trusting Loki
    Except if Thor DIDN'T blindly trust Loki he would have demanded the answer or chosen the punishment himself.
    He blindly trusted Loki, Thor showcasing some misguided form of compassion for Blake and a lack of wisdom as monarch doesn't change that fact.

I don't understand why she would be an objective authority in anything, given that she's shown to be able to remove the enchantment and is connected to Magog
    Because she has been shown to have total mastery over the worthiness enchantment before Thor was even born under Jason Aaron.

Ultimate Member

Unfortunately I did not...I'm not sure how you think anything in that arc refutes my statements.
    Because Thor shed a tear? lol.
    Because Thor led the charge against the threat, smacking even Galactus for harming innocent people. Would Aaron's Thor do that?

Except if Thor DIDN'T blindly trust Loki he would have demanded the answer or chosen the punishment himself.
    He blindly trusted Loki, Thor showcasing some misguided form of compassion for Blake and a lack of wisdom as monarch doesn't change that fact..
    Or he just wants Loki to take care of it. Pay onto evil and all that.

Because she has been shown to have total mastery over the worthiness enchantment before Thor was even born under Jason Aaron.
    This isn't Aaron's Thor anymore, is it?

And again, she has been shown as connected to Magog. So hers isn't an unbias opinion on anything

All-New Member

Because Thor led the charge against the threat, smacking even Galactus for harming innocent people. Would Aaron's Thor do that?
    Would Aaron's Thor attack Galactus? Yes, see old King Thor and Galactus' interaction.
    Thor attacked Galactus in that story over NO innocent people just out of sheer sentimentality over a dead planet.
    All of the drama between Thor and Galactus in the Black Winter arc was forced nonsense given the situation.

Or he just wants Loki to take care of it. Pay onto evil and all that.
    And why would Thor allow Loki to "just take care" of a being who has proven to be a very real threat to Asgard without demanding the specifics?
    Blind trust...

This isn't Aaron's Thor anymore, is it?
    It very clearly is and that's the point.
    The differences in Aaron and Cates Thor is superficial

And again, she has been shown as connected to Magog. So hers isn't an unbias opinion on anything
    Mother Storm has been shown to have mastery of the worthiness enchantment long before Mjolnir was cast into the Sun.
    In fact Mother Storm showed the ability to defy Odin's attempts to wield the hammer before Thor was born.

Given all of the historical context under Aaron and Cates what exactly leads us to believe the Mother Storm is lying? Mangog?

Where was Mangog when the Mother Storm nearly destroyed Asgard as it drug Odin around? Where was Mangog when Mother Storm hijacked the worthiness enchantment and prevented Odin himself from picking up the hammer? Where was Mangog when the Mother Storm left Thor for Jane?

Ultimate Member

It was said in the last issue that the Mother Storm is being influenced by Mangog.

Thor asked why she was doing what she was doing and she basically explained that it was Mangog.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It was said in the last issue that the Mother Storm is being influenced by Mangog.

Thor asked why she was doing what she was doing and she basically explained that it was Mangog.
    Nah, Mother Storm references a lot that happened before Mangog.
    Mjolnir didn't pick up Mangog until Jane tossed Mjolnir into the sun.

All-New Member

37634061-94AC-4E3E-BE7D-503788E82918.jpg

There’s really nothing in-story to suggest Mother Storm is lying about any of this and everything she is taking about in this scene predates Mangog.

Could Mother Storm be lying? Yes. Is there anything as of yet that suggests she is? No.

when is the current storyline expected to wrap up?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    when is the current storyline expected to wrap up?
    Next issue I believe.

... Were there ever stories where Thor took on a sidekick, Bucky/Robin style? Just wondering in general, had anyone attempted this? Could have made for a nice alternate world story, at least.

Ultimate Member

37634061-94AC-4E3E-BE7D-503788E82918.jpg

There’s really nothing in-story to suggest Mother Storm is lying about any of this and everything she is taking about in this scene predates Mangog.

Could Mother Storm be lying? Yes. Is there anything as of yet that suggests she is? No.
    That scene doesn't predate Mangog in any meaningful way, because he's in the same damn story, and the whole reason behind her rampage