Page 16 of 92 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    I miss the "Kirby" look for Thor and all of its elements.
    Me too.

Can't top The King .

Avengers

Jason Aaron and Javier Garrón introduce History’s Mightiest Heroes in AVENGERS #57! The Avengers are lost in time, and if they’re going to stop Mephisto’s grand plan, they’ll need help from some of history’s greatest heroes, whose stories have never been told. Like the mystical man of war, Sgt. Szardos, Soldier Supreme of World War II, and his squadron of supernatural grunts, the Secret Invaders.

AVENGERS #57
    Written by JASON AARON
    Art and Cover by JAVIER GARRÓN
    On Sale 6/22

Two Thor

I guess Aaron couldn't wait to bring Young Thor back...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    Did anyone read the latest issue #23?
    What did you all think of it?
    I think it was a typical Cates story climax.
    Rushed, hollow, unsatisfying, with flimsy internal logic...

I really don't like this run, but it's selling well and shouldn't change too quickly.

This issue was absolutely amazing, finally a proper interaction between Thor & Odin like the good old days, a loving and caring father, guiding his son, how I missed this Odin, even if it was in a flashback it was so nice to see, what an opening for this issue.

The rest of the issue was just as great, Thor being a massive badass, withstanding the heat of a billion suns and making lightning so powerful the thunder is heard accross the galaxy.

Oh, not to mention, Mjolnir finally fixed of all the nonsense retcons, although that last page may imply there's something still there, but at least the mess that Aaron made is now cleaned up.

Please Donny Cates, keep the goodness coming.

Incredible Member

What is with Cates' constant powerup of Thor? Herald, Odinforce, etc. It makes for some cool costumes and action scenes, but unless Thor loses a lot of his power, none of Thor's appearances on Earth will make any sense.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    What is with Cates' constant powerup of Thor? Herald, Odinforce, etc. It makes for some cool costumes and action scenes, but unless Thor loses a lot of his power, none of Thor's appearances on Earth will make any sense.
    It looks cool, bruh.

Though I'd argue all of Cates actions sequences in Thor have been very poor.
    I personally have found them all be unsatisfying, rushed, easy-feeling wins pulled out last minute by some convenient (near dues ex Machina) plot device.
    They all lack weight and consequence despite the intended scale.

This guy needs to look to some old stories to see how much more satisfying it was (IMO) for classic Thor to overcome legit obstacles through sheer grit and force of will.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galan View Post
    It looks cool, bruh.

Though I'd argue all of Cates actions sequences in Thor have been very poor.
    I personally have found them all be unsatisfying, rushed, easy-feeling wins pulled out last minute by some convenient (near dues ex Machina) plot device.
    They all lack weight and consequence despite the intended scale.

This guy needs to look to some old stories to see how much more satisfying it was (IMO) for classic Thor to overcome legit obstacles through sheer grit and force of will.
    Agreed. I read this issue, and felt like I missed something in between issues, since Thor went from getting destroyed over the previous issues, to just manhandling Mjolnir in this one. It makes the villains all seem pointless, since the only thing that is needed to defeat them is another power-up.

I think back to the sort of recent Gorr the God Butcher story, and how the 'powerup' of three Thors together, is not enough. He wins ultimately, through perserverence. Definitely more satisfying than if King Thor had just showed up and defeated Gorr.

Quote Originally Posted by Galan View Post
    I think it was a typical Cates story climax.
    Rushed, hollow, unsatisfying, with flimsy internal logic...
    All dressed up and no place to go? Meh. Sounds about right...
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    Did anyone read the latest issue #23?
    What did you all think of it?
    Very Anticlimactic.

And now Odin possess Mjolnir now. Which I guess that's cool.....but why. This was Eh to me.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    And now Odin possess Mjolnir now. Which I guess that's cool.....but why. This was Eh to me.
    Mjolnir becomes a combo of Kylo Ren's helmet (from Rise of Skywalker) and KITT