Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

That's not Mjolnir.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    That's not Mjolnir.
    Ahhh, my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    I thought it was just me. I've followed the book a bit and I'm not seeing much originality--wasn't the Donald Blake thing already a done deal, and the resolution to it ignored with the recent story? Haven't we gone what seems like forever with Thor having hammer trouble? And now with.............................................. .................................................. ..............................................spoi lers, know of no other way to hide them.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................all the (pointless) death and destruction can we honestly expect those characters to be forever gone ? Characters who were important to the myth and legacy of Thor, now all dead just for a second-run story about the hammer?
    Thor, Asgard, Mjolnir and all the gods will eventually be rebooted to basic when a new writer unleashes a new Ragnarok that is followed by the re-creation of the Nine Worlds.

However, damage to Odin's image won't be so easy to fix. Marvel will have to have him die heroically and keep him dead for a couple decades so we can forget how desecrated the character has been before they can bring him back in his full glory...

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    that greatness will never be achieved again.
    Truly sad. Words cannot describe the loss of such wondrous imagery (IMHO):

This April, the halls of Asgard will erupt with thunder as its greatest legends return home to tell thrilling new tales in an oversized spectacular honoring 750 issues of Thor!

THOR #24 will take place in the aftermath of “GOD OF HAMMERS,” the latest epic in writer Donny Cates and artist Nic Klein’s hit run on the title. After a scorched-earth victory, Thor and all of Asgard reel from a brutal loss. And as Thor and his allies come together so will fan-favorite creators from throughout Thor’s history! In addition to the main story by Cates and Klein, join some of Thor’s most acclaimed writers and artists as they revisit their landmark runs with all-new adventures:

Writer J. Michael Straczynski and artist Oliver Coipel reunite for a story set during their redefining Thor saga
    Legendary comics creator Dan Jurgens writes and draws an incredible Thor and Balder teamup
    Comics icon Walter Simonson writes and draws an all-new adventure starring his beloved creation, Beta Ray Bill
    Al Ewing and Lee Garbett collaborate for the first time since LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD to bring you an all-new chapter for the god of mischief
    Superstar team Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz are back together to captivate you with an Enchantress story
    And prepare for a revelatory tale about Odin that only writer Jason Aaron and artist Das Pastoras can deliver!

Celebrate the long and storied history of the God of Thunder with the writers and artists who helped build his legacy when THOR #24 hits stands in April.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=147573371

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

This April, the halls of Asgard will erupt with thunder as its greatest legends return home to tell thrilling new tales in an oversized spectacular honoring 750 issues of Thor!

THOR #24 will take place in the aftermath of “GOD OF HAMMERS,” the latest epic in writer Donny Cates and artist Nic Klein’s hit run on the title. After a scorched-earth victory, Thor and all of Asgard reel from a brutal loss. And as Thor and his allies come together so will fan-favorite creators from throughout Thor’s history! In addition to the main story by Cates and Klein, join some of Thor’s most acclaimed writers and artists as they revisit their landmark runs with all-new adventures:

Writer J. Michael Straczynski and artist Oliver Coipel reunite for a story set during their redefining Thor saga
    Legendary comics creator Dan Jurgens writes and draws an incredible Thor and Balder teamup
    Comics icon Walter Simonson writes and draws an all-new adventure starring his beloved creation, Beta Ray Bill
    Al Ewing and Lee Garbett collaborate for the first time since LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD to bring you an all-new chapter for the god of mischief
    Superstar team Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz are back together to captivate you with an Enchantress story
    And prepare for a revelatory tale about Odin that only writer Jason Aaron and artist Das Pastoras can deliver!

Celebrate the long and storied history of the God of Thunder with the writers and artists who helped build his legacy when THOR #24 hits stands in April.

JMS doing a story! With Coipel no less! Hel YES!

Happy to see JMS, Jurgens, and Simonson back. Seems like Simonson only really writes about Bill these days .

Ewing and Garbett bringing back their era of Loki should be fun.

Kind of wondering what DeFalco and Frenz have to say about Enchantress. You'd think they'd do a Thunderstrike story.

Is anyone looking forward to the Aaron Odin story? It's probably going to be more about him being a bad king/father and being horny for the Phoenix.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy to see JMS, Jurgens, and Simonson back. Seems like Simonson only really writes about Bill these days .

Kind of wondering what DeFalco and Frenz have to say about Enchantress. You'd think they'd do a Thunderstrike story.

Is anyone looking forward to the Aaron Odin story? It's probably going to be more about him being a bad king/father and being horny for the Phoenix.
    I’m not looking forward to that Odin story at all.

I won’t be surprised if something about Freja finding out about Odin’s affairs and he fights with her or something dumb like that.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Looking forward to everything except the Odin story...especially the JMS/Coipel story

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

I hope it's good, DeFalco first Thor issue was Thor 383, the Untold story of the Secret Wars in what Amora is talking about the experience and her feelings towars Thor and having a moment with her sister Lorelei (that ends with her not listening to anything). I'm worried because he was the guy who killed Lorelei off in his run, something that I never forgive for it.

Also the mead, don't forget the mead.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I’m not looking forward to that Odin story at all.

I won’t be surprised if something about Freja finding out about Odin’s affairs and he fights with her or something dumb like that.
    I have heard the Thor comic described as "a story about rich entitled millennials fighting with their ******* conservative boomer dad".

And then I realized... THAT's what is happening with the Thor books!

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I have heard the Thor comic described as "a story about rich entitled millennials fighting with their ******* conservative boomer dad".

I hate that this sounds somewhat accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    I'm not a fan of that outfit but I see a lot of MCU twitter folks love it. To me the helmet looks like one Starlord has in Marvel Future Fight.
    Is there anything they don't love?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post

Ugh. That is horribly, depressingly accurate.