Page 52 of 92 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed.

That panel was totally in unnecessary. I guess Aaron wanted to depict Jane as “flawed” but her staring at Mjolnir like an addiction wasn’t a good look,
    That's been kind of one of my big problems with Jane in general. That she's depicted as being so altruistic and perfect with virtually no, real, flaws.

Thor he can make a hammer-obsessed, incapable, and dumb blonde viking but Jane's only real flaw is...she wants to be a hero all the time, even at the cost of her health. Or she's obsessed with Mjolnir. Then again, so is Thor.

I don't get the sense she's written much differently in the Valkyrie book.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Maybe the edit joke posted immediately before.
    Lol.

And for another thing that might have been out there, I wouldn't casually reference Amber Heard/Johnny Deep's trial in trivial discussion, considering it's eclipsed Fembusters as the biggest misogyny lightning rod online.
    That whole situation showed how incredibly stupid people are, considering we had misogynistic people trying to use it as an example that women are basically evil, and then on the other side we also got the very silly situation where other people are saying you always believe women, even when they're blatantly lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    No offense to the artist... but did they need to make Jane look like a literal drug addict starring at a needle in that scene... Or is this Jason Aarons particular direction?
    There are so many details me and a friend kept laughing at that last page man, it's unintentionally hilarious.

Jane's glassy eyes, her biting her lip, the narration box, her touching her neck and hair which makes it look like she's scratching it like the stereotypical junkie.

Same friend pointed out that Thor crossing his arm can kinda look like it's Jane's arm on his bicep, pushing him away to get a better look at Mjolnir.

Like holly hell dude just make her another god of thunder, give her another hammer if you are that desperate over it, stop having her salivate over Mljonir like a fat cop over donuts, ffs.
    Ah yeah, she could get a Beta Ray Bill situation, though that could make him redundant and show up less.

On the other hand, I wonder if that would sate her, could always get a situation where she was addicted to the Mjolnir, not some copy .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's been kind of one of my big problems with Jane in general. That she's depicted as being so altruistic and perfect with virtually no, real, flaws.
    Reminds me that this is a problem people may have with characters like Superman or Captain America, so doing that non-ironically with Jane is questionable.

Thor he can make a hammer-obsessed, incapable, and dumb blonde viking but Jane's only real flaw is...she wants to be a hero all the time, even at the cost of her health. Or she's obsessed with Mjolnir. Then again, so is Thor.
    Maybe Uru is actually some Asgardian drug, anyone using Mjolnir gets addicted to it .

It could kinda fit with Aaron's themes of "Gods suck" .

I don't get the sense she's written much differently in the Valkyrie book.
    That one's written by Al Ewing right?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It could kinda fit with Aaron's themes of "Gods suck" .
    Have you seen that viral tweet with the caption of Christian Bale (showing a picture of normal Bale) then beside it was Gorr's caption was as Atheist Bale?
    Then ppl photoshopped and substituted the Christian pic with every other religion versus Gorr's Atheist Bale. It was hilarious.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

That one's written by Al Ewing right?
    I think he only worked on the first five issues.

Astonishing Member

Lol.
    What makes you laugh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Have you seen that viral tweet with the caption of Christian Bale (showing a picture of normal Bale) then beside it was Gorr's caption was as Atheist Bale?
    Then ppl photoshopped and substituted the Christian pic with every other religion versus Gorr's Atheist Bale. It was hilarious.
    I wasn't aware of that, sounds funny.

I did find this semi-related picture when searching for it:

Seems that what you mentioned is a case of a resurrected meme too, there were variations with the puns before of Bale's name before.

I think he only worked on the first five issues.
    Huh, and I assume Aaron took over for the rest, 'cause Ewing has been busy with X-Men related stuff lately.

What makes you laugh?
    How a dumb edit made to mock Jane's Mjolnir addiction can be seen as misogynistic.

Astonishing Member

Dumb edits really make you laugh?

Everyone wielding Mjolnir like i'ts nothing .

Dumb edits really make you laugh?
    Sometimes, yeah.

This one has me scratching my head, I remember hearing that an alien from another planet can't become a green lanter for that planet, or at least, that's the excuse I remember hearing why Supes isn't Earth's GL...

Mommy says it's my turn to lift Mjolnir .

Exactly. It's beyond overdone, overused and overhyped.
    I think Marvel just don't care enough about the character in that respect anymore.

Talking of respect. This Thor vs Hulk crossover is just basically a Hulk crossover with Thor as a guest-star,
    especially the last two issues. I wonder how Thor will be portrayed in his Hulk form. It'll probably be like
    the Hulked-Out-Heroes series some years ago.
    One last thing, why is it whenever Marvel do covers of Hulk vs Thor Hulk is always shown as standing over a beaten Thor or
    always looking like he has the upper hand in a fight?

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    Exactly. It's beyond overdone, overused and overhyped.
    I think Marvel just don't care enough about the character in that respect anymore.

Talking of respect. This Thor vs Hulk crossover is just basically a Hulk crossover with Thor as a guest-star,
    especially the last two issues. I wonder how Thor will be portrayed in his Hulk form. It'll probably be like
    the Hulked-Out-Heroes series some years ago.
    One last thing, why is it whenever Marvel do covers of Hulk vs Thor Hulk is always shown as standing over a beaten Thor or
    always looking like he has the upper hand in a fight?
    Really? Just...really ?

This feels like an episode of Avengers Assemble.

BANNED

This feels like an episode of Avengers Assemble.
    This WAS an episode of Avengers Assemble.