Page 65 of 92 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    If you want to avoid spoilers, stay away from YouTube, people have already started posting clips.
    Exactly.

It seems the entire movie has leaked (like most major blockbusters).

If you search Thor Love and Thunder, on youtube you will easily find clips of major plot points of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    People spoil shit here too.
    Yeah but least people here are decent enough to use the spoiler tag. Whereas on YouTube they post the clips and title them with the spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Is Car-El Carol Danvers Kree sister from her new backstory reveal?
    No, that's Lauri-El. Car-El is Carol herself. As if she didn't have enough in common with Supergirl already, sharing her human last name Danvers, now she has a Kree name that matches Kara's Kryptonian one!

Love and Thunder introduces a couple of new characters. One of them doesn't even exist in the comics.
    spoilers:
    A girl called Love.
    end of spoilers

The other only appears in one of the post-credit scenes, and seems to be setting up Thor 5.
    spoilers:
    Hercules.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No, that's Lauri-El. Car-El is Carol herself. As if she didn't have enough in common with Supergirl already, sharing her human last name Danvers, now she has a Kree name that matches Kara's Kryptonian one!
    Wait they went with El?

Out of all the surnames they could have went with, they went with Superman's? Is that a previous long established thing or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Ain't casual abuse great? .
    That reminds me of when Jessica Drew slapped Clint Barton twice for cheating on her. She would've slapped him a third time if he hadn't stopped her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That reminds me of when Jessica Drew slapped Clint Barton twice for cheating on her. She would've slapped him a third time if he hadn't stopped her.
    Jessica Drew can lift seven tons... she could easily kill Clint with a slap...

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I can't believe Love and Thunder is already out. People are still making memes about Strange.
    I guess the movie is more memeable, y'know, like Spider-Man 3, Raimi's that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Car-El is also closer to the pronunciation of Kal-El.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Wait they went with El?
    You only noticed the "El" now? Lol.

Out of all the surnames they could have went with, they went with Superman's? Is that a previous long established thing or something?
    As far as what I checked on the wiki, no.

While Mar-Vell is a last name that's been established since forever, and there were other names that reference other companies (Like Dea-Sea), but a more direct reference to Superman wasn't done before.

Funnily enough, just found out that there's a character named Razi-El, he's not related to Carol, was only introduced after the retcon to Carol's lineage too.

Also just found out that the correct spelling is "Ell", with two "l", somehow I didn't notice it all this time, despite reading it on the wiki with the correct spelling more than once, onlyrealized it isn't the case because of Razi-El and wondered if he was related to Carol, that made me notice it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh yeah, that happened.

Kinda funny Clint managed to block the third slap, 'cause, y'know, Jessica is far stronger than him.

But hey, ain't casual abuse great? .

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    To be fair, you could say that everytime someone with a strength of 1 ton and above attacks someone who's around "normal" humans level.

And then there's the situation of how having sex with someone that strong could be deadly, "Man of steel, woman of kleenex" is the classic one, but the reverse would be deadly as well, and also, any baby better be super powered on the womb too, otherwise giving birth would be, deadly...

The point I'm making here is, don't overthink.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    ...Huh. Now that you mention it...

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Just saw Thor Love and Thunder, and enjoyed the movie, but not the theater experience (thanks to a$$hole with his tablet). The movie was a bit of a mixed bag, for reasons people have already mentioned -- not so seamless mix of humor and seriousness. Hemsworth looked fabulous but the character is so much different from his first appearance. Bale was great. Guardians were wasted, but they were amusing, as always.

And goats. LOL!

I was wondering about the last caption, saying Thor will return. I thought this was Hemsworth's last appearance. Unless they are talking about Jane Thor?

I was disappointed with Crowe's choice of accents for Zeus.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Haven't seen it yet, but everything I hear confirms that while its not a bad movie Gorr really should have been done by a different director.

Like Watiti just isn't the right fit for an incredibly serious and bloodthirsty character like Gorr, especially since it ends with spoilers:
    Gorr undergoing a last second redemptive villain turn and saying all he wanted was to be loved instead of the execution he received in the God Butcher story
    end of spoilers.

I saw the movie as well spoilers:
    Such a waste of narrative potential, zeus and the olympians were treated like a saturday night live parody, everything was ridiculous, the aliens antagonists during the temple war at the beginning of the movie looked like they came straight from a puppet show, jane cancer and gorr were totally out of place during the interminable torrent of lame jokes and comedic interactions, all in all I’d say it’s the lowest point for the mcu. I had a laugh multiple times during the movie, it felt like a “scary movie” version on the thor comics
    end of spoilers
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I saw Love & Thunder last night, I did like the movie overall, however.

spoilers:
    I get what people are saying about the jokes, sometimes they dragged on a little too long. I think Bale did the best he could as Gorr, but he was inconsistent, I never got the impression that Jane one-upped Thor, but the chuds will still complain. Making Thor an adoptive father was interesting. It was nice to see Hercules, I don't recognize the actor though.
    end of spoilers

I did like the movie, but I get the criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Just saw Thor Love and Thunder, and enjoyed the movie, but not the theater experience (thanks to a$$hole with his tablet). The movie was a bit of a mixed bag, for reasons people have already mentioned -- not so seamless mix of humor and seriousness. Hemsworth looked fabulous but the character is so much different from his first appearance. Bale was great. Guardians were wasted, but they were amusing, as always.

And goats. LOL!

I was wondering about the last caption, saying Thor will return. I thought this was Hemsworth's last appearance. Unless they are talking about Jane Thor?

I was disappointed with Crowe's choice of accents for Zeus.
    I think they were pretty clear they didn't intend to replace Thor with Jane.