Page 68 of 92 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1378
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Because the BC Avengers needed their own Thor because...symbolism or something.
    which is so funny because during Fraction's run he had his spear, I think even JMS had it too

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I get the general idea of having a Thor analogue, but Aaron takes it too literally.

Like look at BC Starbrand. He looks like Hulk, and I don't just mean he's strong, he literally looks like the Hulk. Its ridiculous and not a good ridiculous.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I get the general idea of having a Thor analogue, but Aaron takes it too literally.

Like look at BC Starbrand. He looks like Hulk, and I don't just mean he's strong, he literally looks like the Hulk. Its ridiculous and not a good ridiculous.
    Aaron in a nutshell, really

Aaron has a tendency to do things that no one cares about besides him. Odin pining for the Phoenix, Thor dating She-Hulk, The Phoenix being Thor's mother, She-hulk being a gender-swapped version of the savage hulk, I'm sure there are more. I actually think the BC avengers are a great concept, I really like the BC iron fist, but I don't want to see Odin flirting with his "pretty bird", yuck.

Ghost rider takes control of a dead celestial, that sounds really cool, but for some reason it isn't. His Avengers run feels like a saturday morning cartoon that was created by people who hate children, if that makes any sense. There's too much under laden cynicism for joy to take root.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Aaron has a tendency to do things that no one cares about besides him. Odin pining for the Phoenix, Thor dating She-Hulk, The Phoenix being Thor's mother, She-hulk being a gender-swapped version of the savage hulk, I'm sure there are more. I actually think the BC avengers are a great concept, I really like the BC iron fist, but I don't want to see Odin flirting with his "pretty bird", yuck.

Ghost rider takes control of a dead celestial, that sounds really cool, but for some reason it isn't. His Avengers run feels like a saturday morning cartoon that was created by people who hate children, if that makes any sense. There's too much under laden cynicism for joy to take root.
    I love how Ghost Rider fans are more annoyed at Aaron's depiction of Robbi because he portrays him as a generic teen quipster instead of the actual serious loner-ish guy he is.

Wait no I found a better term than ridiculous to describe Aaron, dull.

Its just kinda dull and uncreative. Ancient Starbrand: Knock-Off Hulk, Ancient Odin: Wielding Mjolnir instead of something else. The entire Avengers BC team comprised of strictly legacy characters.

Its all just kind of rigid and insular. Like his idea of every era has to have an Avengers-esque translates to the eras just feeling kind of small despite his try hard attempts to make everything seem big.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post

His handling of marvel books is literally the reason I don't spend money at the former house of ideas right now nor for the foreseeable
    Last edited by kilderkin; 07-22-2022 at 10:01 AM.

Sif Behind Scene (1)

Sif Behind Scene (2) Thor Love and Thunder

Photos from Gabriele Gregorini (gabbrorouge on IG)

Ya know while it was a flawed arc, I appreciate the God of Hammers arc in the current run because I find it necessary.

Like Mjolnir has just become an unbearable plot tumor on Thor, with the character letting it define him entirely to borderline unhealthy self-destructive lengths. At this point a reset was required because the hammer was becoming a legitimate hinderance. So the arc provided a sort of meta catharsis by giving it an avatar so we can treat it like the actual villain it comes across as and for Thor to finally take out all his frustrations on how much it made him suffer. I personally very enjoyed seeing Mjolnir beg and scream like a coward as Thor smashed it to bits on the forge.

Plus it gets rid of the God Storm which is just a bad inclusion to the character as its existence basically renders the worthiness mechanic worthless as it makes even less sense than it already does. It in fact demeans and worsens Thor's desire to be worthy as its made clear his ability to raise the hammer is tied to more the hammer genuinely disliking him and preferring other people to him even ones who clearly are a worse person than Thor.

Hell it demeans Jane's handling of the hammer even, as it basically means she only carries it not because she's worthy but because the sentient natural disaster personally likes her for some reason.

I have no idea why the Mother Storm was a thing but I'm glad its gone.

Picked up the latest issue and enjoyed it. I haven't read Thor before, just trying out some new books to see if anything strikes my fancy. Odin's spirit living in the hammer and the Hulk and Thor essentially becoming each other so they can fight are a very "comic-booky" storyline. I have no idea what's going on with the Hulk though.

Thanos: Death Notes
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=176558628

Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI, TORUNN GRØNBEKK, KYLE STARKS, & CHRISTOPHER CANTWELL
    Art by ANDREA DI VITO, RON LIM, TRAVEL FOREMAN, & MORE
    Cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
    On Sale 11/30

This (one-shot) issue spins directly out of Donny Cates and Nic Klein’s THOR run where Thor recently beheld a terrifying future involving Thanos and vowed to use all his power to prevent it. THANOS: DEATH NOTES will be brought together by an incredible lineup of creators including J. Michael Straczynski, Torunn Grønbekk, Kyle Starks, Christopher Cantwell, Andrea Di Vito, Travel Foreman, and one of the character’s most definitive artists, cosmic extraordinaire Ron Lim!

Thanos is missing, presumed dead after the chilling events of Kieron Gillen and Esad Ribić’s ETERNALS. But Thor has seen a vision of his return. And it is enough to make even a god fear. To prepare himself, to prepare the universe, Thor desperately searches for answers in Thanos’ past…and finds a glimpse of the Marvel Universe’s dark future.

“Ever since the Black Winter gave Thor a glimpse of how he was going to die way back in THOR #6, and Thor saw that it was going to be at the hands of a Thanos wielding not only an Infinity Stones-encrusted Mjolnir but also seemingly a new black Infinity Stone (not to mention with an army of undead super heroes and villains at his side), Thor has been working to prevent this horrific fate,” said Editor Wil Moss. “In this THANOS one-shot, his quest brings him to look to Thanos’ past for clues. But in doing so, will Thor learn something of use, or merely realize that Thanos truly is inevitable? Big things are set up here, brought to you by an all-star cast of creators -- don’t miss it!”

Fantastic Member

hearing cates may be moving off of thor in early 2023 we have hte next big arc by him and klein starting in november which is pretty much entreily done already and then hearing they may wrap up their run in a mini event like king of black like he did wih stegman

Not having Aaro's name already is good news, two characters he screwed up, Thor and Thanos.

Astonishing Member

Ya know while it was a flawed arc, I appreciate the God of Hammers arc in the current run because I find it necessary.

Like Mjolnir has just become an unbearable plot tumor on Thor, with the character letting it define him entirely to borderline unhealthy self-destructive lengths. At this point a reset was required because the hammer was becoming a legitimate hinderance. So the arc provided a sort of meta catharsis by giving it an avatar so we can treat it like the actual villain it comes across as and for Thor to finally take out all his frustrations on how much it made him suffer. I personally very enjoyed seeing Mjolnir beg and scream like a coward as Thor smashed it to bits on the forge.

Plus it gets rid of the God Storm which is just a bad inclusion to the character as its existence basically renders the worthiness mechanic worthless as it makes even less sense than it already does. It in fact demeans and worsens Thor's desire to be worthy as its made clear his ability to raise the hammer is tied to more the hammer genuinely disliking him and preferring other people to him even ones who clearly are a worse person than Thor.

Hell it demeans Jane's handling of the hammer even, as it basically means she only carries it not because she's worthy but because the sentient natural disaster personally likes her for some reason.

I have no idea why the Mother Storm was a thing but I'm glad its gone.
    Nothing Aaron did with mjolnir as a 'character' I liked

I detested the idea of the hammer being a prison for the cosmic storm

I detested how it's personality shifted when it went looking for Jane (at the hospital knocking on the window for example)

I hate how so emotionally dependant Thor was upon it

And I hate how they have turned it into a villain

In every way do I feel it damaged Thor as a character and his mythos as a whole

And I don't think it's recovered, in fact I'm not sure it is recoverable

I appreciate that people may see it as good because it distanced Thor and mjolnir being interconnected and him needing the hammer

But in every way I think it did the opposite and made the hammer rather dispicable in the process

It's a far cry from the relationship shown when the celestials recreated it after he broke it on e***** for example

Just my opinion
    Last edited by kilderkin; 08-10-2022 at 06:27 AM.

Astonishing Member

Thanos death notes

A thanos book

Even by JMS

I'll skip it