Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    Thor #22 preview is up.
    I ilke Klein’s art in general, but he does make Thor look like a scruffy, homeless man at times.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC211051
    I can't stop being reminded of Aaron's run .

yeah, I see what you mean.
    I just don't know what to think about the character in
    the comics anymore. I've always stuck with him through the
    good times and bad, but I don't see any real appeal to him at the moment. He doesn't do anything of real note in his book ( or outside of it): no strength feats,versatility in powers, just throwing lightning and Mjolnir and being a general punching bag for everyone he comes up against.
    I'm not looking forward to Love and Thunder as he'll probably be the butt end of the jokes and Jane will probably save him from Gorr etc. The Hulk vs Thor crossover also fills me with trepidation as it's probably a guarantee that Hulk will win this crossover. I mean, when the title is called Banner of War everything points to this being a Hulk-centric event than Thor's. Even the solicits for May state Iron Man coming to aid Thor for his victory and Odin trying to get into Banner's psych to turn the battle.
    I mean, why does Thor always have to have aid when dealing with Hulk, or other high-end villains? If Thor does actually win this, it will be as much of a shock as the Tyson vs Buster Douglas fight.
    I can't remember in the last 10 years or so when Thor has comprehensively beaten a direct rival without any sort of crutch or powerup and be more versatile by using his brains in doing so.

There are two type of Thor's now, the funny wise-cracking MCU one and the Mjolnir-pinning, woe-is-me comic version, which doesn't seem to have gotten over life without Mjolnir and will now depened on some forced Phoenix mother rubbish as an inherited power.

Sorry for the little moan but I've really become disillusioned
    with Marvel's handling of Thor.
    Even his 750th issue has only 2 stories about him. They should be commemorating him not the rest of his cast (ok that's me being selfish).

yeah, I see what you mean.
    I just don't know what to think about the character in
    the comics anymore. I've always stuck with him through the
    good times and bad, but I don't see any real appeal to him at the moment. He doesn't do anything of real note in his book ( or outside of it): no strength feats,versatility in powers, just throwing lightning and Mjolnir and being a general punching bag for everyone he comes up against.
    I'm not looking forward to Love and Thunder as he'll probably be the butt end of the jokes and Jane will probably save him from Gorr etc. The Hulk vs Thor crossover also fills me with trepidation as it's probably a guarantee that Hulk will win this crossover. I mean, when the title is called Banner of War everything points to this being a Hulk-centric event than Thor's. Even the solicits for May state Iron Man coming to aid Thor for his victory and Odin trying to get into Banner's psych to turn the battle.
    I mean, why does Thor always have to have aid when dealing with Hulk, or other high-end villains? If Thor does actually win this, it will be as much of a shock as the Tyson vs Buster Douglas fight.
    I can't remember in the last 10 years or so when Thor has comprehensively beaten a direct rival without any sort of crutch or powerup and be more versatile by using his brains in doing so.

There are two type of Thor's now, the funny wise-cracking MCU one and the Mjolnir-pinning, woe-is-me comic version, which doesn't seem to have gotten over life without Mjolnir and will now depened on some forced Phoenix mother rubbish as an inherited power.

Sorry for the little moan but I've really become disillusioned
    with Marvel's handling of Thor.
    Even his 750th issue has only 2 stories about him. They should be commemorating him not the rest of his cast (ok that's me being selfish).
    I dropped this run around 1 year ago.

seems I was right.

this current run, from what I've seen, is a joke turned into reality.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I dropped this run around 1 year ago.

seems I was right.

this current run, from what I've seen, is a joke turned into reality.

So what was the last issue you read, and how would you fix Thor if you could?

I haven't read a Thor comic in ages, but isn't he supposed to possess the "Odin force" presently? Why would he need help fighting someone around his level?

Seems the only playbook modern writers know is "deconstruction" of a character without the means to rebuild or resuscitate said character.

So what was the last issue you read, and how would you fix Thor if you could?
    when Donald Blake stuff started.

I'm not an expert but first, I would remove this hammer nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    I haven't read a Thor comic in ages, but isn't he supposed to possess the "Odin force" presently? Why would he need help fighting someone around his level?

Seems the only playbook modern writers know is "deconstruction" of a character without the means to rebuild or resuscitate said character.
    he does but it's Cates.

his "power levels" aren't that good.

I don't care if I come off as one of those "fans" but I'm ready for a true back-to-basic Thor run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't care if I come off as one of those "fans" but I'm ready for a true back-to-basic Thor run.
    Yes, this!

However the real problem with Thor is that the current Architects don't really like him, imo, and I'm sure they will attempt to permanently replace him with a new "Thor" sometime in the future. I think this is why so much emphasis has been put on the hammer.

is this storyline edging toward another "death of Thor" event? The character gets rebooted as...?

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Yes, this!

However the real problem with Thor is that the current Architects don't really like him, imo, and I'm sure they will attempt to permanently replace him with a new "Thor" sometime in the future. I think this is why so much emphasis has been put on the hammer.
    They're probably going to give Jane a new hammer to tie-in with the movie, but I don't think it'll be as feasible as Sam Wilson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is this storyline edging toward another "death of Thor" event? The character gets rebooted as...?
    The God of...no Hammers?

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Well one good thing about Thor #22:

spoilers:
    It seems to pretty much kill Aaron’s crappy Phoenixson retcon, Gaea is flat-out stated to be Thor’s birth mother and he once again uses the powers he inherited from her.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post

spoilers:
    It seems to pretty much kill Aaron’s crappy Phoenixson retcon, Gaea is flat-out stated to be Thor’s birth mother and he once again uses the powers he inherited from her.
    end of spoilers
    you know the saying do not count your chickens before they hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    This part sounds good. *off to read it now.*
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Now this was good. This felt more like Cate's earlier issues of thor and honestly taking this as a stand alone issues i did read last issue though, this issue by itself is proably one of the best issues of the run if i think about what i want to see in a thor comic.

my favorite line spoilers:
    All i see are nails.
    end of spoilers I was like damn that's a low blow coming from a hammer. lol

I just want to got damn kiss Reed and Freyja too!
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean it's been nearly what a decade?

I'm sorry my dude this status quo may be locked in forever and once the MCU adapts a modern Aaron story it will be locked in forever.