Page 71 of 92 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1378

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Odin/Phoenix ship is just weird though, when I randomly heard of it before I knew more of Thor and X-Men stuff, my reaction was just a confused "What?", now that I know more of both I can say it's just weird, to put it lightly, and I have yet to see anyone who actually likes it, be it a Thor or an X-Men fan, so I can only wonder why Marvel keeps pushing it considering Cates decided to say again that Gaia is Thor's mother, then a month or two later Aaron went back to Phoenix lol.

Speaking of this nonsense, do we know when the "secret origin" that explains how this happened will be coming out? 'Cause I'd assume paper shortage delayed it.
    Cates said he didn't retcon Aaron's retcon of Phoenix back to Gaia. he said that severely times on Twitter when people called him out on his inconsistencies since Cates mentioned Phoenix and Gaia are both his mothers just two chapters ago before he said Gaia was his mother when he used her power against Mjolnir (lol) which then makes no sense to mention the Phoenix.

speaking of which

spoilers:
    Gaia is still his birth mother but Phoenix resurrected him. Laufey stabbed baby Thor when Gaea just birthed him and Phoenix came and resurrected him with her flame. Funny how Laufey and few of his Frost Giants managed to pass through all those Avengers.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by GodThor; 08-17-2022 at 06:27 AM.

I remember Cates stressing on Twitter that he and Aaron were "really good friends, so they know what they're doing", but throughout this current run it seems to me (and maybe I'm reading too much into it) that Cates spends time trying to explain or "correct" the changes Aaron is making with Thor. It's like he cant really tell his own story. For me I think that was the whole point of the God of Hammers arc, to get rid of that ridiculous god tempest entity (good riddance) and reaffirm that Gaea IS his birth mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    I remember Cates stressing on Twitter that he and Aaron were "really good friends, so they know what they're doing", but throughout this current run it seems to me (and maybe I'm reading too much into it) that Cates spends time trying to explain or "correct" the changes Aaron is making with Thor. It's like he cant really tell his own story. For me I think that was the whole point of the God of Hammers arc, to get rid of that ridiculous god tempest entity (good riddance) and reaffirm that Gaea IS his birth mother.
    God Tempest **** was actually supposed to be gone or at the very least forgotten after War of the Realms. Cates made it worse by making it into some idiotic myth that scared Gods and will bring ruin to Asgard lol.

she is as I stated above.
    Last edited by GodThor; 08-17-2022 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Cates said he didn't retcon Aaron's retcon of Phoenix back to Gaia. he said that severely times on Twitter when people called him out on his inconsistencies since Cates mentioned Phoenix and Gaia are both his mothers just two chapters ago before he said Gaia was his mother when he used her power against Mjolnir (lol) which then makes no sense to mention the Phoenix.

speaking of which

spoilers:
    Gaia is still his birth mother but Phoenix resurrected him. Laufey stabbed baby Thor when Gaea just birthed him and Phoenix came and resurrected him with her flame. Funny how Laufey and few of his Frost Giants managed to pass through all those Avengers.
    end of spoilers
    So there's no point, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, outside of fire-lightning power up he got I don' see what was the point besides being unnecessary dumb addition lol.

and ofc, Odin being obsessed with the Phoenix, drunk when Thor was about to get born and getting oneshotted.
    Last edited by GodThor; 08-17-2022 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, outside of fire-lighting power up he got I don' see what was the point besides being unnecessary dumb addition lol.

and ofc, Odin being obssesed with the Phoenix, drunk when Thor was about to get born and getting oneshotted.
    I have a feeling (again, I could be wrong) the story was supposed to be different but was changed due to the backlash.

I have a feeling (again, I could be wrong) the story was supposed to be different but was changed due to the backlash.
    Aaron doesn't care about the backslash though.

also, what's with Thor vs Hulk arc???

easily the worst fight between the two ever written. I would rather have a one shot (Hulk taking down Thor or vice versa) than whatever Cates wrote.

meh, I just came back to see this new dumb origin story.

western comics are going downhill.

Aaron doesn't care about the backslash though.
    I know he doesn't, probably someone had him change it. I think he loves the drama of it all lol.

I know he doesn't, probably someone had him change it. I think he loves the drama of it all lol.
    doubtful since he said Marvel gives him creative freedom to do whatever he wants knowing history of retcons for the last 15 years, Marvel doesn't give a damn.
    Last edited by GodThor; 08-17-2022 at 08:48 AM.

Ultimate Member

also, what's with Thor vs Hulk arc???

easily the worst fight between the two ever written. I would rather have a one shot (Hulk taking down Thor or vice versa) than whatever Cates wrote.

meh, I just came back to see this new dumb origin story.

western comics are going downhill.
    I thought Cates made Thor look very very powerful here. More powerful than he's ever been made to look against the Hulk.

Ultimate Member

My thinking too.

The whole thing was very convoluted and really pointless.

Ultimately I'm happy with this. Thor's origin is still largely intact (despite Aaron turning Odin into an utter buffoon for no reason).

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I thought Cates made Thor look very very powerful here. More powerful than he's ever been made to look against the Hulk.
    it's not about power levels though. the entire arc is dumb (Odin being inside the hammer is literally a comedy) and him being gamma made it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    My thinking too.

The whole thing was very convoluted and really pointless.

Ultimately I'm happy with this. Thor's origin is still largely intact (despite Aaron turning Odin into an utter buffoon for no reason).
    Agreed. At very least the whole Phoenix connection is more so a technicality than anything else while Gaea remains his true birth mother.

Ultimate Member

it's not about power levels though. the entire arc is dumb (Odin being inside the hammer is literally a comedy) and him being gamma made it worse.
    Yeah, the overall arc didn't really do much for either character. The Odin thing will likely be resolved in a couple of arcs (i heard that Cates is leaving soon) and hopefully things get back to a semblance of normalcy.

But theres a lot of stupid in Manga too. I don't know if you're following Dragon Ball Super but someone big just came back and what followed was so much stupid stuff that I wont give away here.