Page 82 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1378

These were definitely scenes that were filmed.

No one here was interested in "Thanos' dark history with Asgard will be revealed this December in 'The Legacy of Thanos' in 'Thor' #29!"?

Well I'm not...

Bloppers new Delete scene Sif

Fantastic Member

Question about Bifrost from long-time readers:

Recently I've seen Bifrost in the comics used exactly as in the MCU - where it is primarily a teleportation device; a fluid waterfall of energy that juts out of Sif's sword and when it catches you, can transport you wherever she selects. (Seen most recently in Banner of War)

Surely this is a new spin based on synergy?

I seem to recall it just being a Rainbow Bridge to Earth guarded by Heimdall. End of story.

DID it change, and if so, when / how?
    "Face Front... Nuff Said?"

Apparently Donny Cates has family problems and has had to stop writing the book temporarily? Thor's December issue is by Torunn Grønbekk, the writer who's been doing most of Jane and Runa's Valkyrie comics. Unsurprisingly, Runa will guest star in this arc.

THOR #29
    Torunn Grønbekk (W) • NIC KLEIN (A/C)
    Variant Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA
    Miracleman Variant Cover by KAARE ANDREWS
    "THE LEGACY OF THANOS" – PART ONE!
    Nic Klein returns with guest writer Torunn Grønbekk (JANE FOSTER & THE MIGHTY THOR, PUNISHER: WAR JOURNAL) for a Valkyrie-filled adventure! When a universally loathed foe kidnaps Thor's baby sister Laussa and drags her so deep beyond Hel that not even Sif's All-Sight can see her, the God of Thunder must call upon the one ally who has traveled so far into the unknown before: Rúna. But what dark secrets of Asgard's bloody past lay beneath the frozen waters?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

At this point, this series can already be considered a Team Up. No interest.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Bloppers new Delete scene Sif

There's so much in this image that bothers me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Apparently Donny Cates has family problems and has had to stop writing the book temporarily? Thor's December issue is by Torunn Grønbekk, the writer who's been doing most of Jane and Runa's Valkyrie comics. Unsurprisingly, Runa will guest star in this arc.

THOR #29
    Nic Klein returns with guest writer Torunn Grønbekk (JANE FOSTER & THE MIGHTY THOR, PUNISHER: WAR JOURNAL) for a Valkyrie-filled adventure! When a universally loathed foe kidnaps Thor's baby sister Laussa and drags her so deep beyond Hel that not even Sif's All-Sight can see her, the God of Thunder must call upon the one ally who has traveled so far into the unknown before: Rúna. But what dark secrets of Asgard's bloody past lay beneath the frozen waters?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Torunn's writing the main Thor book and I've already got problems...

- Advertising it like Runa's already taking over the book which she probably will because I feel like Thor will defer or look less competent compared to her in this given prior writings.

- Laussa the baby sister that nobody cares about.

- Basically becoming another Valkyrie book.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I am unfamiliar with the writers work. And I was never that interested in Valkyrie in general.

Though I hope things get better for Cates and his family and he comes back (whether on Thor or something else) alright.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 09-16-2022 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

THOR #29
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Of course she couldn't help herself but to throw a Valkyrie in the book as from what my impression of her is, she has 0 interest in Thor.

Prayers for Cates and his family though.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/09/23/ma...eview-thor-27/

I don’t know if other posters feel the same, but I think the momentum of the book has practically gone for me.
    My enthusiasm and excitement for Thor has dropped right off these days.
    From how bad T:L&T was imo and his character in the film, to the delay on his book and his lack of importance in the AXE crossover.
    You would have thought Thor would have a bigger part to play in the crossover due to his ties with the Eternals, but his role has practically been non-existent.

As some posters on here and on other boards have mentioned, it seems Cates has some family problems which seem to be affecting this book. Hopefully, it’s not true and everything is ok for him.
    I noticed the woman who writes the JF book is writing Thor in December and Al Ewing is collaborating with Cates on this Venom crossover.
    If there are signs that Cates is leaving then I’d love Hickman to take over, that would be a dream.
    He’s always had a good grasp of Thor’s character.

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post

I don’t know if other posters feel the same, but I think the momentum of the book has practically gone for me.
    From how bad T:L&T was imo and his character in the film, to the delay on his book and his lack of importance in the AXE crossover.
    You would have thought Thor would have a bigger part to play in the crossover due to his ties with the Eternals, but his role has practically been non-existent.

As some posters on here and on other boards have mentioned, it seems Cates has some family problems which seem to be affecting this book. Hopefully, it’s not true and everything is ok for him.
    I noticed the woman who writes the JF book is writing Thor in December and Al Ewing is collaborating with Cates on this Venom crossover.
    If there are signs that Cates is leaving then I’d love Hickman to take over, that would be a dream.
    It would be the anti-Aaron, I see Odin being respected again.

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post

I'm not sure what's going on with Cates, but I hope he's doing all right.

I would think Gillen could do a little more with Thor, but AXE is a packed book.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Who's Laussa?
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

I hope Cates gets well soon.

I've been re-reading his Thor stuff and it feels better than when I first read it.

I'd rather he continue on than bring on a writer that quite clearly has no interest in Thor himself.