Page 88 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1378
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Hemsworth is taking a break from acting for health concerns

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63668310

He discovered he has a heightened risk of developing Alzheimer's so he's taking a break so he can spend more time with his family

I wish him all the best, he certainly deserves it after the work he's put into this franchise. Like over 10 movies all while maintaining the laborious physique of Thor, meaning he's been working in more strenuous conditions than most of the actors here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Apparently Chris Hemsworth is no longer happy with the wacky tone of the Thor movies and feels something has to change.

Welcome to the club! As someone who didn't like Ragnarok this is music to my ears. https://screenrant.com/thor-mcu-retu...ris-hemsworth/
    It is kind of funny how he was tired of playing "normal" Thor but now he thinks he's had enough of playing "Waititi" Thor.

As for me...is it just too much to ask for character consistency?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

He discovered he has a heightened risk of developing Alzheimer's so he's taking a break so he can spend more time with his family

I wish him all the best, he certainly deserves it after the work he's put into this franchise. Like over 10 movies all while maintaining the laborious physique of Thor, meaning he's been working in more strenuous conditions than most of the actors here.
    I wish him the best healthwise along with his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It is kind of funny how he was tired of playing "normal" Thor but now he thinks he's had enough of playing "Waititi" Thor.

As for me...is it just too much to ask for character consistency?
    Could be Hemsworth realizes his time with the character is coming to an end. Before he said he would play the character as long as he could but now there is a potential time limit to that so maybe his next performance could be his final time so he wants to go all out.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

this is my worst nightmare, I'm glad he's spending time with his fam. I wouldn't wish this **** on anyone

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Apparently Chris Hemsworth is no longer happy with the wacky tone of the Thor movies and feels something has to change.

Welcome to the club! As someone who didn't like Ragnarok this is music to my ears. https://screenrant.com/thor-mcu-retu...ris-hemsworth/
    I was never a fan of the tonal shift. I still don't like Ragnarok and the very least said about L&T (which I refuse to watch) the better. The best of Thor for me was IW and I want that back.

That said, I wish Hemsworth well regarding his health.

Two things I hate about the MCU: the way they treated Lady Sif, and Natasha's romance with Banner (gross).

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Two things I hate about the MCU: the way they treated Lady Sif, and Natasha's romance with Banner (gross).
    Yeah, they did Sif so dirty in Love and Thunder.

One of the worst instances of Waititi's obsession with bathos

Thor finds an old friend of his nearly dead and instead of it being a heartwarming moment it instead turns into an extended comedy routine where Thor and Sif argue the specifics of "dying in battle" despite the fact it counted since Sif was about to die of a wound she attained in battle, she's just taking longer to finally keel over.

Reminds me of Vinland Saga where Bjorn having attained a fatal wound in a previous battle challenges Askeladd to a duel so Bjorn can go down in combat.

Thor finds an old friend of his nearly dead and instead of it being a heartwarming moment it instead turns into an extended comedy routine where Thor and Sif argue the specifics of "dying in battle" despite the fact it counted since Sif was about to die of a wound she attained in battle, she's just taking longer to finally keel over.

Reminds me of Vinland Saga where Bjorn having attained a fatal wound in a previous battle challenges Askeladd to a duel so Bjorn can go down in combat.
    And not to mention wasting Sif's comic-accurate costume.

This is also the same movie where they once again trivialize the Warriors Three's death and treat Thor's hammers as suddenly sentient so we can get an unnecessary jealousy subplot.

And what was the point of Thor creating an entire costume with a helmet if he was just going to toss the helmet away a few seconds later?

I get it's the Valkyries' writer, but not sure how many Thor fans care for seeing Runa and her love life on display.

I guess I'm also just sceptical because A. Torunn is a Valkyrie writer and B. I've never loved how she writes Thor.

Also who actually cares about this sister? Really? She's just another sibling we don't need.

Really, it's everything this run didn't need.

Ultimate Member

It was so silly. Waititi didn't know when to "stop".

The worst problem with all this is just wasn't funny. Like stuff like "Infinity Cones"....how is that funny?

The people (the Asgardians) were massacred by a universal weapon named an ice cream joint that played off the name of said universal weapon.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get it's the Valkyries' writer, but not sure how many Thor fans care for seeing Runa and her love life on display.

I guess I'm also just sceptical because A. Torunn is a Valkyrie writer and B. I've never loved how she writes Thor.

Also who actually cares about this sister? Really? She's just another sibling we don't need.
    It's obvious that Torunn doesn't want to write Thor.

She's clearly much more interested in writing about the female characters in the mythology.

That's not a bad thing in and of itself but Marvel really should give the title to people that "want" to write Thor.

I don't want to read a Thor comic focused on the Valkyrie and her personal life.