Page 9 of 92 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Well, I don't know what you guys have been reading, after Aaron's run this run has been what we needed, a badass and powerful Thor, good stories, action and an entertaining plot. Granted I was still a little wary of having yet another Mjolnir centric story, but there's actually a purpose to this one, Donny Cates is attempting to fix the mess that Aaron made with the hammer and simplify things while showing Thor is more than just a hammer, as it was clearly shown in today's issue. This forum seems to have a predisposed pesimistic attitude towards anyone that dares to touch Thor, we keep this up and we'll be seen as a toxic fanbase. I get the frustration after dealing with Aaron's bs for so long, but this run has been really good and Cates is actually tackling the problems we fans have voiced for long and taken steps towards fixing them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thorson-98 View Post
    Well, I don't know what you guys have been reading, after Aaron's run this run has been what we needed, a badass and powerful Thor, good stories, action and an entertaining plot. Granted I was still a little wary of having yet another Mjolnir centric story, but there's actually a purpose to this one, Donny Cates is attempting to fix the mess that Aaron made with the hammer and simplify things while showing Thor is more than just a hammer, as it was clearly shown in today's issue. This forum seems to have a predisposed pesimistic attitude towards anyone that dares to touch Thor, we keep this up and we'll be seen as a toxic fanbase. I get the frustration after dealing with Aaron's bs for so long, but this run has been really good and Cates is actually tackling the problems we fans have voiced for long and taken steps towards fixing them.
    Cates' writing is more miss than hit, but yeah...

Cates seems to have made a point to refute virtually all of Aaron's character destruction.

He wiped away Aaron's battle scarred Thor in one issue. He demonstrated that Thor's confidence isn't limited to his hammer, nor is his power. And in this issue, he demonstrated that Thor's birth mother is Gaea.

The plotting is terrible, IMO, but he has Thor's voice better than Aaron did, after the Unworthy crap

Quote Originally Posted by Thorson-98 View Post
    I enjoyed Aaron’s run, but then again anything with craft swill, goats, and hel hounds is too enticing.
    448F5FF5-B2D1-405A-B391-FD20E834F2C7.jpg
    “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace and the norms and notions of what just is, isn’t always justice.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Cates' writing is more miss than hit, but yeah...

Cates seems to have made a point to refute virtually all of Aaron's character destruction.

He wiped away Aaron's battle scarred Thor in one issue. He demonstrated that Thor's confidence isn't limited to his hammer, nor is his power. And in this issue, he demonstrated that Thor's birth mother is Gaea.

The plotting is terrible, IMO, but he has Thor's voice better than Aaron did, after the Unworthy crap
    Hammerfall is probably the best Thor stuff I've read in a really long time.

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    spoilers:
    However, the part when Odin “dies” and transfers the Odinforce to Thor doesn’t make sense because Odin is on the cover of the #750th issue and is also involved in the Thor vs Hulk crossover, as shown in the May solicit. So, I don’t know what Cates trying to do here with Odin. Is this a ruse? Does that mean this isn’t the real Odin or does Thor just fuse his essence with his own to fight the GoH?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think it's a ruse or a fakeout, that'll just ruin the emotion of the moment.

That being said, death for an Asgardian is very different compared to death for a mortal.
    I presume that once he sacrificed himself, Odin ended up in Valhalla. He'll probably live there for a while with the remaining Valkyries until Thor calls for him again.
    After all, Thor is the All-Father now so he presumably knows the location of the secret door to Valhalla.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're probably going to give Jane a new hammer to tie-in with the movie, but I don't think it'll be as feasible as Sam Wilson.
    I doubt Jane is going to get another hammer since she already has Undrjarn, which is a perfectly versatile weapon for a Valykrie, and more importantly, unique to her brand.
    I think the Love and Thunder tie-in might possibly be the 'cancer remission' storyline in Jason Aaron's Avengers.
    Jane seems to be officially joining that team in Avengers 54, so Aaron probably has a new long-term story line in mind for her.

The God of...no Hammers?
    If we're going to get rid of Mjolnir as Thor's weapon (at least for a little while), then I can see All-Father Thor wielding either Gungnir or the Odinsword as his primary weapon.
    Or will it be called the Thorsword now? It might even be the sword that Thor is holding at the end of Thor 22.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

zhiztsszfci81.jpg

Jane looking good, Thor ehhhh

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    I doubt Jane is going to get another hammer since she already has Undrjarn, which is a perfectly versatile weapon for a Valykrie, and more importantly, unique to her brand.
    I think the Love and Thunder tie-in might possibly be the 'cancer remission' storyline in Jason Aaron's Avengers.
    Jane seems to be officially joining that team in Avengers 54, so Aaron probably has a new long-term story line in mind for her.
    I think they'll find some excuse for her to transform into her Thor form for synergy's sake. Whether it'll be permanent or not is another story.

I'm not surprised Valkyrie's joined the Avengers. Seems like Aaron's been wanting to write her in the group more than he has Thor for several arcs now.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    zhiztsszfci81.jpg

Jane looking good, Thor ehhhh
    What's wrong with Thor's look?

Well looks like there would be a team up for synergy though two months ahead of time in Mays Avengers

AVENGERS #56
    JASON AARON (W) • JAVIER GARRÓN (A/C) • SKRULL VARIANT COVER BY DAVID LOPEZ
    JANE FOSTER TAKES THE SPOTLIGHT!
    She once famously wielded Mjolnir as Thor, Goddess of Thunder. Today, she guards the worlds of the living and the dead as the winged Valkyrie. Now, those two versions of the same mighty hero somehow find themselves face-to-face, in a desperate bid to save the soul of Jane Foster.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Well looks like there would be a team up for synergy though two months ahead of time in Mays Avengers

AVENGERS #56
    JASON AARON (W) • JAVIER GARRÓN (A/C) • SKRULL VARIANT COVER BY DAVID LOPEZ
    JANE FOSTER TAKES THE SPOTLIGHT!
    She once famously wielded Mjolnir as Thor, Goddess of Thunder. Today, she guards the worlds of the living and the dead as the winged Valkyrie. Now, those two versions of the same mighty hero somehow find themselves face-to-face, in a desperate bid to save the soul of Jane Foster.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Now even his Avengers run becomes about Jane Foster .

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I think they'll find some excuse for her to transform into her Thor form for synergy's sake. Whether it'll be permanent or not is another story.

I'm not surprised Valkyrie's joined the Avengers. Seems like Aaron's been wanting to write her in the group more than he has Thor for several arcs now.

What's wrong with Thor's look?
    we still never got a classic Thor

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    we still never got a classic Thor
    Well, we got his base MCU design and he wore his helmets for about two minutes in Ragnarok.

I wouldn't mind if Jane's weapon was a mace. The All-Weapon concept is a kind of deus-ex-machina, but I'll leave it alone.

Are there any "obscure" norse gods, goddesses that have been introduced to the comics in the past 10 years? Maybe it's time to delve into some other people besides the same Loki, Odin, Frigga, Hela, Balder, Sif, Amora, Warriors 3 dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I just don't care at all about Thors' family drama.