Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 408086878889909192 LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1378

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It's obvious that Torunn doesn't want to write Thor.

She's clearly much more interested in writing about the female characters in the mythology.

That's not a bad thing in and of itself but Marvel really should give the title to people that "want" to write Thor.

I don't want to read a Thor comic focused on the Valkyrie and her personal life.
    It's so stark that Black Panther and Thor are essentially going through the same thing. They're both being written by people who are interested in everything but the title characters. They're subject to constant deconstructions and bad jokes. Thor with his hammer, drinking, three moms, one dad, and ever growing list of siblings they don't know what to do with and BP needing to be constantly being talked down to and "put in his place" by everyone around him. Here and in the BP thread I always think. "Man, it would be so great if this book was written by someone who actually liked the lead."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think anyone expects great LGBT+ content from DisMarvel at this point.
    I don't know how many people expect great content at all from DisMarvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Playing God of War Ragnarok, and here's a hypothetical

How would anyone feel about say an AU series that has Thor looking a bit more mythologically accurate with the strongman build and even red hair?

Mostly the strongman build because it be interesting to see a superhero without the stereotypical bodybuilder physique.
    I'm too fond on Marvel's original Thor to be okay with changing him that drastically. There have been lots of other non Marvel versions that are closer to the red bearded strongman type. I suppose the old man All-Father Thor, with the Destroyer arm, is a bit closer to that version as well.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Interestingly, Tom Brevoort said that Marvel hasn't really figured out what to do with Angela.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/we-h...-tom-brevoort/

I still wonder why they thought grafting her onto Asgardian mythology was a good idea. Why not keep her supernatural roots and tie her to the mystical side of things like Son of Satan or Ghost Rider?

Although, outside of her connection to Spawn and outside of her specific mission Angela isn't a particularly interesting character. She worked in Spawn because she was a belligerent antagonist to all Spawn, she doesn't work beyond that IMO.
    Ya know what gets me is there are fans of Angela's Assassin/Queen of Hell series. On one thread I frequent a couple people are huge fans of Angela's series and would love to see more adventures of her and Sera.

So yes there are people who like her, she could have a decent niche but being Thor's sister doesn't do anything for the character. Its just an attempt at grafting artificial importance and longevity to the character by riding the coats of a much more well-known character.

I hate the addition of Angela and the tacked on "10th" realm and another unknown sibling. It makes the Thor mythos all awkward and ungainly, and makes all the characters involved look like assholes, and for what? To shoehorn Angela into the 616, like anyone was clamouring for that? Angela's world just doesn't mesh with the 9 Realms, it was mistake to force it.

Ultimate Member

Dunno why they haven't thrown Thor and his newborn sister into another dimension and age her up.

Goddess of fire and thunder sounds kinda cool

Avengers 63 promises strong emotions for Thor in Avengers 64

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Avengers 63 promises strong emotions for Thor in Avengers 64
    Are those strong emotions "anger" and "disappointment"?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Dunno why they haven't thrown Thor and his newborn sister into another dimension and age her up.

Goddess of fire and thunder sounds kinda cool
    We don't need more of this sister than we're already getting in my opinion.

Astonishing Member

So anyone got the new issue and read it. Was I right to drop it momentary until Cates comes back. Not saying anything bad about the writer, its just I have too many titles in my pull to be spending.

Ultimate Member

We don't need more of this sister than we're already getting in my opinion.
    Eh, disagree.

She could be an excellent foil, and having a female character as powerful as Thor who doesn't always swipe his hammer could be cool.

But I'm weird, I liked Tarene

Eh, disagree.

She could be an excellent foil, and having a female character as powerful as Thor who doesn't always swipe his hammer could be cool.

But I'm weird, I liked Tarene
    But then you run the risk of another Angela.

I like Tarene too though .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

What is with this hair?

Ultimate Member

But then you run the risk of another Angela.

I like Tarene too though .
    Angela was a pre existing character stuffed into a role she didn't fit. Thor's sister wouldn't be that

Angela was a pre existing character stuffed into a role she didn't fit. Thor's sister wouldn't be that
    I mean, the sister just randomly turned up in a book nobody really read that much of and with no build up. I don't think it's much better.