Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Kind of odd seeing Rachel referred to as "Cyclops' daughter" in the headline of this article about her Knight of X look.
    https://screenrant.com/cyclops-daugh...me-otherworld/
    I mean it's not incorrect. She is a combination of Scott, Jean, and the Phoenix Force. Most non-comic readers are quicker to pick up on Cyclops vs Scott Summers so it is not false. She's not as widely known by non-comic readers so often times they have to preface her lineage on these websites.

What I do agree with is the reference to her spending "time in her father's shadow" is very strange. Like, I've NEVER felt that being Scott's daughter was an issue for her or how she was viewed. We all know who's shadow loomed large over her (not that it's a bad thing given she was created to be Jean's legacy character).
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 05-04-2022 at 07:33 AM.

Writer Tini Howard has returned to X-Men Monday to answer your questions about the latest Destiny of X debut.

AIPT: Thanks for clarifying! Now X-Fan Mark said Rachel is on fire (literally). Does her new look and ability to use fire have a deeper meaning?

2022-05-09.jpg

Tini: It does, and we’ll see some of that unfold as the story goes on. But the initial concept came from this idea — if Otherworld sort of sees all versions of you, and you’ve been a Phoenix host, well. That might leave more than a bit of magical residue on you. I don’t want to say much more than that — because doesn’t she look amazing? Her hair. God, I love Rachel. Thank you, Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    Writer Tini Howard has returned to X-Men Monday to answer your questions about the latest Destiny of X debut.

AIPT: Thanks for clarifying! Now X-Fan Mark said Rachel is on fire (literally). Does her new look and ability to use fire have a deeper meaning?

2022-05-09.jpg

Tini: It does, and we’ll see some of that unfold as the story goes on. But the initial concept came from this idea — if Otherworld sort of sees all versions of you, and you’ve been a Phoenix host, well. That might leave more than a bit of magical residue on you. I don’t want to say much more than that — because doesn’t she look amazing? Her hair. God, I love Rachel. Thank you, Bob.
    Im sooooo excited <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post

2022-05-09.jpg

I'm excited to see what this transformation means long term for Rachel. Also interesting that she didn't have these powers the last time that she was in the Otherworld during X of Swords. So I assume it has to due partially because they are on a quest and quests tend to bring forth powers not normally found. The imagery is iconic for her, and I hope it will mean good things for her outside of trying to reclaim the mantle of Phoenix, as Aaron has ruined the concept of the Phoenix.

I am interested to see what will play out between her and Betsy. I don't know if they will actually have a romance or if we're being queer-baited.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I'm excited to see what this transformation means long term for Rachel. Also interesting that she didn't have these powers the last time that she was in the Otherworld during X of Swords. So I assume it has to due partially because they are on a quest and quests tend to bring forth powers not normally found. The imagery is iconic for her, and I hope it will mean good things for her outside of trying to reclaim the mantle of Phoenix, as Aaron has ruined the concept of the Phoenix.

I am interested to see what will play out between her and Betsy. I don't know if they will actually have a romance or if we're being queer-baited.
    Definitely, the X-Men office needs to reclaim the Phoenix from the Aaron has bastardized it by giving it to everyone and anyone. I love Rachel with her Phoenix powers. First time in ages she has had them end this should last while she is back on Krakoa/Earth.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I mean it's not incorrect. She is a combination of Scott, Jean, and the Phoenix Force. Most non-comic readers are quicker to pick up on Cyclops vs Scott Summers so it is not false. She's not as widely known by non-comic readers so often times they have to preface her lineage on these websites.

What I do agree with is the reference to her spending "time in her father's shadow" is very strange. Like, I've NEVER felt that being Scott's daughter was an issue for her or how she was viewed. We all know who's shadow loomed large over her (not that it's a bad thing given she was created to be Jean's legacy character).

I remember when X-men Gold writer Guggenheim tried to force this very ideology onto Rachel before, during, and after his run. Unfortunately, his comments about pushing her forward, didn't result in much given how he decided to use her.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I remember when X-men Gold writer Guggenheim tried to force this very ideology onto Rachel before, during, and after his run. Unfortunately, his comments about pushing her forward, didn't result in much given how he decided to use her.
    He just pushed her into mind control and fainting every issue.
    "oh I just communicated with Bobby 3 miles away, time to faint"
    He was THE WORST to all the main cast except OML.

After watching Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness... I'm wondering if Rachel's astral projection powers is more accurately pushing a mind into another reality or universe. She can astral project across galaxies too, but Rachel sending a mind through time seems limited to retrocognition via touch (chronoskimming). Has she used her time powers to look into the future? She has so many powers now.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    After watching Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness... I'm wondering if Rachel's astral projection powers is more accurately pushing a mind into another reality or universe. She can astral project across galaxies too, but Rachel sending a mind through time seems limited to retrocognition via touch (chronoskimming). Has she used her time powers to look into the future? She has so many powers now.
    Technically yes but that aspects has been ignored recently. In the Excalibur run leading to issue 50, it was explained that Rachel emits a 4th dimensional pulse as part of her chronoskimming powerset that allows her to unaffected by timeline and universe shifts. I don't think she's a precog, but her abilities don't just move backwards. She used them to go forwards a few times in Excalibur as well (when she went back to her timeline, pushing herself 40 seconds ahead in the future to avoid Cable's avalanche).

I just love Alan Davis Rachel. It is my dream to get a sketch of her from him.

Fantastic Member

I liked Rachel's appearance in Knights today. A good reference from teh furies she was fighting and possible hint towards something in teh future that I think people here would like to see explored. Wont say much about it until others have read it.