Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So like all things, it's complicated and has changed a few times.

1) Starting in Uncanny X-Men 199, Rachel states that the main deviation that she knows of from this timeline and hers is a pivotal moment where Jean is Dark Phoenix and appears in front of the Greys. In 616 her father says she is no daughter of his. But in Rachel's timeline he does the opposite and still treats her like his daughter. This allows Jean/Phoenix to not go fully DP and the whole trial by Shi'ar doesn't happen. So 811 Jean Grey was Phoenix. Whether or not she was neutered by the Shi'ar (as was done in another What If?/Phoenix Untold Story where she didn't die), remains to be seen but she married Cyclops and had Rachel. She then is killed in the nuclear blast. That is what the OG story was.

2) Then during Excalibur, Davis takes the reins from Claremont when he leaves Marvel. In Excalibur 52, the Phoenix Force shares its version of Rachel's background, which changes Claremont's. Now Jean WAS NEVER Phoenix, and instead the Phoenix took pity on this child of its favorite host and bonded with her. Because new hosts and concepts have been added by Claremont and Davis (more Davis), they moved away from 811 Jean being Phoenix.

3) Two years ago Claremont penned a new story for the X-Men Omnibus, essentially Uncanny X-Men 140.5. Here is where Claremont says unequivocally that 811 Jean WAS Phoenix, AND after she died in the nuclear blast she became a non-corporeal entity (White Crown Phoenix) overseeing the universe. The additional change he made was that Jean as Phoenix claimed that Rachel is both her and the Phoenix's child, and that part of her was always bonded to the Phoenix and stayed with her to protect her psyche from fully being destroyed by Ahab.

The confusion between the the "Untold Story" and Rachel's background again is that there is a Rachel Summers that is born to Jean in that but she is not our Rachel. But they are not the same story at all as Jean does not die via Mastermind.
    I've been trying to add Uncanny X-Men 140.5 (Omnibus) to my collection (for free) for years but it I found out that Omnibus #4 was a limited edition... My last attempt was to collect the pages via the NET in PDF format as my entire collection is now digital but, only found 4 pages which only created more (curious) questions than answers.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-07-2022 at 06:07 PM.

BANNED

BANNED

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I've been trying to add Uncanny X-Men 140.5 (Omnibus) to my collection (for free) for years but it I found out that Omnibus #4 was a limited edition... My last attempt was to collect the pages via the NET in PDF format as my entire collection is now digital but, only found 4 pages which only created more (curious) questions than answers.
    I'm on the same boat, I've been trying to get my hands on Uncanny 140.5 for a while now with limited success so far :/

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm on the same boat, I've been trying to get my hands on Uncanny 140.5 for a while now with limited success so far :/
    Same here. I don't have the cash to drop on that book for that one story. I'm hoping some day we can get Marvel to print it as a one off.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Same here, I think I managed to grab four really bad scanned pages that really don't do it justice. I remember when it was first released there was a full version of it online. I never saved it and when I went back later to.... it was gone.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1549061435245961219

What are Kitty and Rachel doing with Cerebro? Listen to episode 6 of ‘Marvel’s Wastelanders:

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm living for this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1549061435245961219

What are Kitty and Rachel doing with Cerebro? Listen to episode 6 of ‘Marvel’s Wastelanders:
    Wait what is this? And why does an adult Rachel act like she's NEVER used Cerebro before? What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Queen. This book is giving me all I wanted for Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Wait what is this? And why does an adult Rachel act like she's NEVER used Cerebro before? What am I missing?
    It's a podcast set in a different timeline, so she may very well have never used Cerebro

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    It's a podcast set in a different timeline, so she may very well have never used Cerebro
    Didn’t they make Jean black in this AU? Confused as to why Rachel is still very much giving… Caucasian.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Didn’t they make Jean black in this AU? Confused as to why Rachel is still very much giving… Caucasian.
    No idea. I looked up the cast and it turns out Rachel's voice actor is Asian lol. The Greys in this universe are a very diverse family it seems.
    Last edited by Dipter; 07-19-2022 at 04:35 PM.