Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Where? She hasn't tweeted since last year. The assumption is that because Amazon and Comixology has issues labeled 1 of 5, yet Marvel does not like it does with other mini series. So people are just assuming, like also Excalibur comes back with a new #1 but same team and creative team if it's a mini.
    And, FWIW, Amazon did this with She-Hulk (1 of 5) and it is now solicited up to issue 7.

Astonishing Member

I hope Marvel does a story explaining why there was no Rachel in the worlds Excalibur traveled through during The Cross-Time Caper.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I hope Marvel does a story explaining why there was no Rachel in the worlds Excalibur traveled through during The Cross-Time Caper.
    I assumed any other Rachel’s had y traveled back in time if if they existed were just babies. Our Rachel left 811 fir 616, and her time displacement might be a reason she is unique.

Because our Ray is the daughter of the Phoenix and Jean. That was why there was no Rachels
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Because our Ray is the daughter of the Phoenix and Jean. That was why there was no Rachels
    Pretty much this. I'm sure there is more to it, but the easiest explanation is this. And in Mondays AIPT interview Jordan White said twice that Rachel is unique in the multiverse. So it's here to stay it seems.

It seems that Knight of X is coming to an end, although there is still hope for Rachel...

https://tinihoward.substack.com/p/ba...as-a-new-mommy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Sinister has taken her DNA and confirmed Cyclops is her father in the original Excalibur.

If Cyclops weee not her father pretty sure all those scientists who archive everyone’s DNA would know.

BANNED

Claremont wanted to do stuff like Phoenix/Jean getting herself pregnant with Rachel
    Or Mystique growing your know what and getting Destiny pregnant with Nightcrawler that Editors simply were not getting that extreme in those days.

Now Nightcrawler has a father Azazel. I could see Destiny and Mystique having Sinister make Rogue from both their dnas in the laboratory, but there’s no motive for Jean or Phoenix to simply will a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    It seems that Knight of X is coming to an end, although there is still hope for Rachel...

https://tinihoward.substack.com/p/ba...as-a-new-mommy
    Sorry to see an X-book end.
    Happy that Rachel won't fade into obscurity.
    Can do without her Otherworld inspired power warp to pyrokinesis that KNIGHTS OF X inspired.
    (flaming iconography appreciated, but we don't need another flamethrower)
    Last edited by Thirteen; 07-06-2022 at 01:37 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Sinister has taken her DNA and confirmed Cyclops is her father in the original Excalibur.

If Cyclops were not her father pretty sure all those scientists who archive everyone’s DNA would know.
    Wait, WallStreeter... Don't you remember some years back the lengths nearly all "Grey-Naysayers" went to prove that the Phoenix Force altered its DNA and impregnated Jean with Scott's DNA through their symbiotic relationship completely ignoring the fact that Jean Grey of Earth #811 never went "Dark Phoenix" but was atomized by a nuke set off by Mastermind in Pittsburgh?

After that, and because "certain" Marvel editors wanted to get rid of Rachel because Jean came back -- one of the worst X-Stories in Mutant history was spawned and said, "Grey-Naysayers" have been chasing the elusive "No-Prize" ever since. And, don't get me started on the complete falsehood of James Logan being her father because that would make Mister Sinister of Earth #616 a blithering quack...
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-06-2022 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

my personal favorite theory is: Rachel is unique bc she is the only natural daughter of Jean, who IS Phoenix. And since Phoenix trascends time and all of that, Rachel was born with this kind of anomaly/uniqueness. Rachel is also Phoenix because she is the Daughter of Jean. Like, in the Holy Trinity ("the Father can manifest through the Son"). But that's only my theory :P or more like, what I wish would be lol

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I was always unclear on the status of Jean/Phoenix in Rachel's reality so I was hoping you guys can shed some light on it for me. I remember in one of the early Rachel stories, Claremont mentioned that the X-Men from Ray's reality had never encountered the Phoenix. But perhaps I'm misremembering and it actually said they never encountered DARK Phoenix? Furthermore, why do people say that Rachel's story follows Phoenix: The Untold Story which clearly had Jean become Phoenix and Dark Phoenix and get depowered and semi-lobotomized at the end?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I was always unclear on the status of Jean/Phoenix in Rachel's reality so I was hoping you guys can shed some light on it for me. I remember in one of the early Rachel stories, Claremont mentioned that the X-Men from Ray's reality had never encountered the Phoenix. But perhaps I'm misremembering and it actually said they never encountered DARK Phoenix? Furthermore, why do people say that Rachel's story follows Phoenix: The Untold Story which clearly had Jean become Phoenix and Dark Phoenix and get depowered and semi-lobotomized at the end?
    So like all things, it's complicated and has changed a few times.

1) Starting in Uncanny X-Men 199, Rachel states that the main deviation that she knows of from this timeline and hers is a pivotal moment where Jean is Dark Phoenix and appears in front of the Greys. In 616 her father says she is no daughter of his. But in Rachel's timeline he does the opposite and still treats her like his daughter. This allows Jean/Phoenix to not go fully DP and the whole trial by Shi'ar doesn't happen. So 811 Jean Grey was Phoenix. Whether or not she was neutered by the Shi'ar (as was done in another What If?/Phoenix Untold Story where she didn't die), remains to be seen but she married Cyclops and had Rachel. She then is killed in the nuclear blast. That is what the OG story was.

2) Then during Excalibur, Davis takes the reins from Claremont when he leaves Marvel. In Excalibur 52, the Phoenix Force shares its version of Rachel's background, which changes Claremont's. Now Jean WAS NEVER Phoenix, and instead the Phoenix took pity on this child of its favorite host and bonded with her. Because new hosts and concepts have been added by Claremont and Davis (more Davis), they moved away from 811 Jean being Phoenix.

3) Two years ago Claremont penned a new story for the X-Men Omnibus, essentially Uncanny X-Men 140.5. Here is where Claremont says unequivocally that 811 Jean WAS Phoenix, AND after she died in the nuclear blast she became a non-corporeal entity (White Crown Phoenix) overseeing the universe. The additional change he made was that Jean as Phoenix claimed that Rachel is both her and the Phoenix's child, and that part of her was always bonded to the Phoenix and stayed with her to protect her psyche from fully being destroyed by Ahab.

The confusion between the the "Untold Story" and Rachel's background again is that there is a Rachel Summers that is born to Jean in that but she is not our Rachel. But they are not the same story at all as Jean does not die via Mastermind.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So like all things, it's complicated and has changed a few times.

1) Starting in Uncanny X-Men 199, Rachel states that the main deviation that she knows of from this timeline and hers is a pivotal moment where Jean is Dark Phoenix and appears in front of the Greys. In 616 her father says she is no daughter of his. But in Rachel's timeline he does the opposite and still treats her like his daughter. This allows Jean/Phoenix to not go fully DP and the whole trial by Shi'ar doesn't happen. So 811 Jean Grey was Phoenix. Whether or not she was neutered by the Shi'ar (as was done in another What If?/Phoenix Untold Story where she didn't die), remains to be seen but she married Cyclops and had Rachel. She then is killed in the nuclear blast. That is what the OG story was.

2) Then during Excalibur, Davis takes the reins from Claremont when he leaves Marvel. In Excalibur 52, the Phoenix Force shares its version of Rachel's background, which changes Claremont's. Now Jean WAS NEVER Phoenix, and instead the Phoenix took pity on this child of its favorite host and bonded with her. Because new hosts and concepts have been added by Claremont and Davis (more Davis), they moved away from 811 Jean being Phoenix.

3) Two years ago Claremont penned a new story for the X-Men Omnibus, essentially Uncanny X-Men 140.5. Here is where Claremont says unequivocally that 811 Jean WAS Phoenix, AND after she died in the nuclear blast she became a non-corporeal entity (White Crown Phoenix) overseeing the universe. The additional change he made was that Jean as Phoenix claimed that Rachel is both her and the Phoenix's child, and that part of her was always bonded to the Phoenix and stayed with her to protect her psyche from fully being destroyed by Ahab.

The confusion between the the "Untold Story" and Rachel's background again is that there is a Rachel Summers that is born to Jean in that but she is not our Rachel. But they are not the same story at all as Jean does not die via Mastermind.
    This is wonderful, thank you so much for the explanation Askani's Flame!