Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I have been wanting her to change her codename to Askani for years, but until the events in X-Force and now KoX I don't think she would have given how she didn't have many memories from her time as Mother Askani. It's time and I'm here for it.
    100% agreed. It's the perfect codename.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    That Knights of X spoiler thread has blown up into a Rachel love-fest. Hopefully the Appreciation thread will get some reflected glory from the discussions of Rachel's love life history etc...
    https://uncannyxmen.net/character-re...-clan/page/0/5
    Betsy on the Cable and Cyclops pages.

lmao.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Betsy on the Cable and Cyclops pages.

lmao.
    Unlike with Cable, with Scott she never acted on it, though. In both cases it was just physical attraction I think.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

She got a thing for Summers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Unlike with Cable, with Scott she never acted on it, though. In both cases it was just physical attraction I think.
    She acted on it with Scott.

Betsy was sleeping with cable and cables clones

BANNED

I have been wanting her to change her codename to Askani for years, but until the events in X-Force and now KoX I don't think she would have given how she didn't have many memories from her time as Mother Askani. It's time and I'm here for it.
    I love how she got her Phoenix powers back!

Have the creators of that initial Askani character (Claremont/Lee/Portacio)ever described the name's origin?
    Is it something they made up or are they adopting it from the Pakistan tribal name?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Askani_(tribe)
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

How Marvel's Knights of X is modernizing the mythology of Captain Britain.

On Knights of X #5
    Tini Howard: In Knights of X #5, we'll learn a bit more specifically about the power and potential that the connection between Rachel and Betsy is capable of. Rachel's past taught her to claim space for herself outside of the desires of others, and she's going to be in a role to help Betsy to learn this as well.

Interview here.

or Rachel could also choose something a little more dramatic like "Askani's flame"! ;-)

Fantastic Member

I'd really like to see Rachel tell everyone to use Askani as her codename and then see Cable's reaction... even Jean's and Scott's. Could be some really nice family building there in a couple of panels for sure and really reiterate to the modern reader just how intertwined the family actually is and how important Rachel is.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    I'd really like to see Rachel tell everyone to use Askani as her codename and then see Cable's reaction... even Jean's and Scott's. Could be some really nice family building there in a couple of panels for sure and really reiterate to the modern reader just how intertwined the family actually is and how important Rachel is.
    Yes, please!

And then also reveal that Hope Summers was actually the Phoenix Force's attempt to resurrect and groom Jean's body as a new infant. So, Jean would be her own granddaughter raised in the future by her biological foster son born to her clone who was also raised by her in the future. :-)

Summers/Grey Family story time is my yam!
    Last edited by Exodus; 07-22-2022 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I love how she got her Phoenix powers back!
    Did she? Where?
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    How Marvel's Knights of X is modernizing the mythology of Captain Britain.

On Knights of X #5
    Tini Howard: In Knights of X #5, we'll learn a bit more specifically about the power and potential that the connection between Rachel and Betsy is capable of. Rachel's past taught her to claim space for herself outside of the desires of others, and she's going to be in a role to help Betsy to learn this as well.

Interview here.
    Thank you for posting this. At one point in the article the writer refers to her as...

As for what makes Betsy and Rachel work so well as a couple, look no further than the variant cover for Knights of X #4 by artist Felipe Massafera. This beautiful image makes Captain Britain and Askani look like a sword-wielding knight and magical sorceress straight out of a classic fantasy paperback cover.
    Goosebumps.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

As for what makes Betsy and Rachel work so well as a couple, look no further than the variant cover for Knights of X #4 by artist Felipe Massafera. This beautiful image makes Captain Britain and Askani look like a sword-wielding knight and magical sorceress straight out of a classic fantasy paperback cover.
    51YOcUhowpL.jpg

10char