Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    In which title(s) and issue(s) has Rachel been formally designated as the guardian of time and listed as a multiversal anomaly when we know this Rachel was born on Earth-811?
    Hey Micabe! See the below data page from Knights of X #4. It explicitly explains what it means by saying that Rachel is a multiversal anomaly and says that when she is Askani she is guardian of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Haha I happen to agree. I've read the data page a few times now and my reaction has been very "woah" as well. It's interesting how the discussion of Rachel being a multiversal anomaly has come up on the boards recently and there it is in this issue, in black and white. I especially loved, "This makes Rachel an especially 'stable' time-traveler."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Hey Micabe! See the below data page from Knights of X #4. It explicitly explains what it means by saying that Rachel is a multiversal anomaly and says that when she is Askani she is guardian of time.
    Okay, I'm not going down this path right now but, you know my motto -- If it was printed it is cannon! -- and, while I have said issue, I haven't read it as of yet because, I must obtain a few more ingredients (Booze and Grass ) before I can get into it.

Thanks for the visuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Okay, I'm not going down this path right now but, you know my motto -- If it was printed it is cannon! -- and, while I have said issue, I haven't read it as of yet because, I must obtain a few more ingredients (Booze and Grass ) before I can get into it.

Thanks for the visuals
    HAHAHAHAHA! Fair point

Just some early morning smiles on a beautiful Sunday.

PXL_20220807_144119094.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/08/08/x-...ordan-d-white/
    From today's X-Men Monday:

AIPT: Before we get into X-Fans’ questions, I need to ask about Knights of X #4 and that kiss between Captain Britain and Askani. It’s a moment that many X-Fans have been waiting for since the Dawn of X, and in Rachel Summers’ case, something they’ve wanted confirmed for decades. What can you share about how all this came to be?

Jordan: I’m thrilled that we were able to make this happen. Like you said, it’s something that we’ve all wanted to happen for a long time. And it’s through the efforts of a lot of people. Obviously, Tini Howard is a huge proponent of making this happen. Sarah Brunstad, the editor of the book, is a proponent of it as well. I’m really thrilled that they got to make this happen and that this got out there. I wish we could have done it sooner, but I’m glad we got to do it.

Kudos to Howard and Brunstad.

In another part of the interview the topic of Jean and her codenames are explored and we get this wonderful nugget:

AIPT: And Rachel, too — just like her mother.

Jordan: Oh yeah. Rachel is a problem.

AIPT: But now she has a new name.

Jordan: Yes, Askani is another attempt to give her a name, and fingers crossed, this will stick. I think it’s a good one. I think especially because it has that backstory to it and a rich history and she’s interacting with the idea of it now. So again, it makes sense to call her that now, whereas it might not have made as much sense during some of her previous eras. Because, yeah, she was Marvel Girl for a while, too.

Askani is such an excellent codename and I hope it sticks too.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

So it is finally official, Rachel identity as Askani has at last been established in current continuity, I’m very happy about it, ray can grow into her unique role, she’s finally found her original narrative path and editorial is willing to embrace it.
    Last edited by Daedra; 08-08-2022 at 07:47 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I love it too. Askani is a great name for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I love it too. Askani is a great name for her.
    Same. I really like it too.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Just some early morning smiles on a beautiful Sunday.

PXL_20220807_144119094.jpg
    That is Gorgeous Jwatson!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/08/08/x-...ordan-d-white/
    From today's X-Men Monday:

AIPT: Before we get into X-Fans’ questions, I need to ask about Knights of X #4 and that kiss between Captain Britain and Askani. It’s a moment that many X-Fans have been waiting for since the Dawn of X, and in Rachel Summers’ case, something they’ve wanted confirmed for decades. What can you share about how all this came to be?

Jordan: I’m thrilled that we were able to make this happen. Like you said, it’s something that we’ve all wanted to happen for a long time. And it’s through the efforts of a lot of people. Obviously, Tini Howard is a huge proponent of making this happen. Sarah Brunstad, the editor of the book, is a proponent of it as well. I’m really thrilled that they got to make this happen and that this got out there. I wish we could have done it sooner, but I’m glad we got to do it.

Kudos to Howard and Brunstad.

In another part of the interview the topic of Jean and her codenames are explored and we get this wonderful nugget:

AIPT: And Rachel, too — just like her mother.

Jordan: Oh yeah. Rachel is a problem.

AIPT: But now she has a new name.

Jordan: Yes, Askani is another attempt to give her a name, and fingers crossed, this will stick. I think it’s a good one. I think especially because it has that backstory to it and a rich history and she’s interacting with the idea of it now. So again, it makes sense to call her that now, whereas it might not have made as much sense during some of her previous eras. Because, yeah, she was Marvel Girl for a while, too.

Askani is such an excellent codename and I hope it sticks too.
    It's about time!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Praise Askani! Now...forever...and throughout all time. Amen!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

I think it's great they are going to run with Askani as her name. I am looking forward to that page when Rachel returns home and tells Scott, Jean and Cable to call her Askani and they reply with a simple "It's about time"

Incredible Member

I mean, we know why Kitty was seeing the Phoenix image and getting dreams of Rachel: Roma. She set things in motion, some the same time the other X-Men were working with her.

I agree I would love to see what happened to Rachel when she was brought to the Mojoverse. It felt like an important time (so much so we were getting a mini) that was left blank and then they tossed her back to form Excalibur.
    That's wright, I completely forgot about that. Either way, it's the story I want most out of X-Men: Legends.

So, the more I think about KoX #4 and it's implications for Rachel moving forward, what do we hope to see now that she has been formally designated as the "guardian of time" and explicitly listed as a multiversal anomaly? Does she stay in an Excalibur/Knights of X style book? What does this mean for her usage on Krakoa and beyond? Is this a limiting role or an expansive one for her? Can she officially drop "Prestige" and become Askani?
    I would love to see more of the Askani Timeline and what Rachel did as Mother Askani. I believe that the data page included some data we've never seen there before. Maybe Rachel establishing Clan Askani on Krakoa, linking up with Blaquesmith and all. We know from the Cable series that all of this did happen in the past of that timeline and the data page did once again affirm that future as being a mutant ruled one further beyond anything Moira has seen. It's just a shame that we haven't delved into questions like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I would love to see more of the Askani Timeline and what Rachel did as Mother Askani. I believe that the data page included some data we've never seen there before. Maybe Rachel establishing Clan Askani on Krakoa, linking up with Blaquesmith and all. We know from the Cable series that all of this did happen in the past of that timeline and the data page did once again affirm that future as being a mutant ruled one further beyond anything Moira has seen. It's just a shame that we haven't delved into questions like that.
    I don't think Krakoa was in existence at this point. I only say that because Apocalypse was back to running the world via the desert and most of the base of operations for the Order of Witnesses was in Antarctica and the OG Askani Clan were nomads with Rachel trying to disrupt and destroy Apocalypse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I don't think Krakoa was in existence at this point. I only say that because Apocalypse was back to running the world via the desert and most of the base of operations for the Order of Witnesses was in Antarctica and the OG Askani Clan were nomads with Rachel trying to disrupt and destroy Apocalypse.
    Clan Askani: When Rachel Summers first arrived in the 37th century, she began organizing a resistance against the rule of Apocalypse. Her rebels were named the Clan Askani, a word meaning "outsider" in the current language. As time passed, the Askani rose into an almost-religious organization, centralized at the Askani Cloisters which somehow operated publically at Apocalypse's sufferance. He eventually ordered their destruction in order to claim the child Nathan, and the Askani was believed to have been slaughtered down to the last member.

https://twitter.com/richieterrones/s...GsEytXMHP2X84g

Canon and on panel. I’ve been saying this for years!!!