Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. One of the All-Time Classics! Truly emotional (IMHO):

Its so heartbreaking to know what comes next. Rachel was so sure Jean would love her unconditionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    Its so heartbreaking to know what comes next. Rachel was so sure Jean would love her unconditionally.
    Indeed. Truly devastating. But, at the very least, her mom did her best to make-up for it towards the end...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Truly devastating. But, at the very least, her mom did her best to make-up for it towards the end...
    I would argue that is not Jean protecting Rachel as a Mother would a child but simply Jean protecting Rachel as a Hero would protect any other.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I would argue that is not Jean protecting Rachel as a Mother would a child but simply Jean protecting Rachel as a Hero would protect any other.
    You beat me to it. Her concern was Rachel was going to be impaled not protecting Rachel because of their connection. Jean continued to be aloof with Rachel which in part sent Rachel away in tears. Jean only then said she was conflicted because she was lashing out at Rachel when she wanted to embrace her at the same time. There was no positive interaction until after Rachel returned from healing in space after Necrom (when Jean was there to help Colossus)

Art tease of Askani giving us flames for an upcoming cover. I love the look in her eye.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    You beat me to it. Her concern was Rachel was going to be impaled not protecting Rachel because of their connection. Jean continued to be aloof with Rachel which in part sent Rachel away in tears. Jean only then said she was conflicted because she was lashing out at Rachel when she wanted to embrace her at the same time. There was no positive interaction until after Rachel returned from healing in space after Necrom (when Jean was there to help Colossus)
    Jean canonically states (on-panel) that Rachel is her daughter and then Cassie Nova says, "listen to mommy...", confirming it; Rachel is Jean's genetic daughter. Stop fighting it already, nuff said...

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Jean canonically states (on-panel) that Rachel is her daughter and then Cassie Nova says, "listen to mommy...", confirming it; Rachel is Jean's genetic daughter. Stop fighting it already, nuff said...
    Holy crap, the way she almost decked Cassandra Nova's jaw off was glorious! LOL! She shoulda finished the job though, can't leave that one alive for too long...
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Holy crap, the way she almost decked Cassandra Nova's jaw off was glorious! LOL! She shoulda finished the job though, can't leave that one alive for too long...
    LOL! I thought I was the only one who thought that. She is a dangerous and tricky one to turn away from and you never know when or how she will strike again!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    [/CENTER]
    If I'm not mistaken, they were specifically talking about Days of Future Present so I'm not sure what X-Men Red has to do with that story.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    LOL! I thought I was the only one who thought that. She is a dangerous and tricky one to turn away from and you never know when or how she will strike again!
    LOL. I love it when the bad guys get just a big ol' wallop to the face, it's so satisfying to watch. And now...for some What If? Rachel moments!

Rachel mourns Doom...

Doom.jpg

Die.jpg

But unfortunately...

Rachel.jpg
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

LOL. I love it when the bad guys get just a big ol' wallop to the face, it's so satisfying to watch. And now...for some What If? Rachel moments!

Rachel mourns Doom...

Doom.jpg

Die.jpg

But unfortunately...

Rachel.jpg
    I never agreed with Set consuming the Phoenix Force. The PF, like Mjolnir itself, is too powerful for Set.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I never agreed with Set consuming the Phoenix Force. The PF, like Mjolnir itself, is too powerful for Set.
    I think this version was stronger than the normal Set and The Phoenix Force because he was made out of every single version of The Serpent Crown in the Multiverse and officially, he was never defeated. Quasar became Captain Universe and used the Eye of Agamotto to seal themselves away for all time, with the Enigma Force and the Phoenix Force being forced at each others throats the whole time, which is pretty sad. I always hoped that The Enigma Force would eventually save The Phoenix Force from Set though but I suppose they'll be locked in battle for the rest of eternity.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-16-2022 at 08:06 PM.

I think this version was stronger than the normal Set and The Phoenix Force because he was made out of every single version of The Serpent Crown in the Multiverse and officially, he was never defeated. Quasar became Captain Universe and used the Eye of Agamotto to seal themselves away for all time, with the Enigma Force and the Phoenix Force being forced at each others throats the whole time, which is pretty sad. I always hoped that The Enigma Force would eventually save The Phoenix Force from Set though but I suppose they'll be locked in battle for the rest of eternity.
    Ah, that is true. Good points.

Or....you and I could unite The Enigma Force and the Phoenix Force to take down Set!!