Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    It might knock her out of regular use though...how often did we see the previous holders of that role - Saturnyne, Roma, Merlyn- actively involved in monthly stories?
    I'd wager she'll have a more active role if going by how she retrieved each knight in the Siege and helped battle Deathbit. It seems Howard really wants to lean into her time on Excalibur (calling back to her rescuing of lost in the timestream Brian), which led to her Mother Askani story. Plus the Askani name itself, as referenced by Otherworld locals and Furies as legend. There's a lot here.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Bingo.

And I personally wouldn't equate reestablishing Rachel as a multiversal being thus making an Omniversal Majestor/Majestrix obsolete, granting full control of the nexus of realities to mutants, with a "loss" of what to do with them.
    I'd wager she'll have a more active role if going by how she retrieved each knight in the Siege and helped battle Deathbit. It seems Howard really wants to lean into her time on Excalibur (calling back to her rescuing of lost in the timestream Brian), which led to her Mother Askani story. Plus the Askani name itself, as referenced by Otherworld locals and Furies as legend. There's a lot here.
    One of the few things that have always baffled me about Rachel's status as a multiversal being is that for no rhyme or reason, out of all the Earth 811 characters, she's the only one allegedly with no dimensional counterpart despite evidence to the contrary. So, question... Why was Rachel's au-mother, Jean Grey, capable of intercepting Ahab's Harpoon if was genetically keyed specifically for its victim's DNA, in this case, Rachel?

Now, don't get me wrong... I am fully aware that Rachel was born to Jean and Scott Summers on Earth-811 but in contrast, I never hear anyone complain about the multitude of other, au-universe offspring (in fact 99.9998% of the time the alternate/genetic/parental bond is shipped here at CBR --> go figure...) let alone any of them being a sole entity (again, aside from Galactus) within the entire multiverse making all other know instances -- not her when every other au-offspring is. Seriously, and canonically, (and, try to use a logical argument that isn't steeped in Logan jabberwocky please) what makes Rachel different from any other multiverse au-offspring? More importantly, why now saddle Rachel with Otherworld?
    Last edited by Micabe; 09-20-2022 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    One of the few things that have always baffled me about Rachel's status as a multiversal being is that for no rhyme or reason, out of all the Earth 811 characters, she's the only one allegedly with no dimensional counterpart despite evidence to the contrary. So, question... Why was Rachel's au-mother, Jean Grey, capable of intercepting Ahab's Harpoon if was genetically keyed specifically for its victim's DNA, in this case, Rachel?

Now, don't get me wrong... I am fully aware that Rachel was born to Jean and Scott Summers on Earth-811 but in contrast, I never hear anyone complain about the multitude of other, au-universe offspring (in fact 99.9998% of the time the alternate/genetic/parental bond is shipped here at CBR --> go figure...) let alone any of them being a sole entity (again, aside from Galactus) within the entire multiverse making all other know instances -- not her when every other au-offspring is. Seriously, and canonically, (and, try to use a logical argument that isn't steeped in Logan jabberwocky please) what makes Rachel different from any other multiverse au-offspring?
    My very simple answer would be that it's been stated, and recently restated in her data page, that she's a multiversal anomaly and lacks "variants." Why? I haven't a clue but like most things in comics, one can find contrary evidence to most stated "facts." This is the status they're giving us so I'm rolling with it.

Speaking of the data page, this part has been particularly intriguing to me of late.

The timeline of mutant peace. I wonder if we'll be revisiting this.

BANNED

My very simple answer would be that it's been stated, and recently restated in her data page, that she's a multiversal anomaly and lacks "variants." Why? I haven't a clue but like most things in comics, one can find contrary evidence to most stated "facts." This is the status they're giving us so I'm rolling with it.
    Fair enough... I can't argue with that logic

Speaking of the data page, this part has been particularly intriguing to me of late.

The timeline of mutant peace. I wonder if we'll be revisiting this.
    I know not which book that scan came from but it seems a bit incomplete -- last I checked Earth-4935 was far from peaceful well before Rachel (became two beings?) found herself stranded in the late 37th century and changed her name to Alyr'n Summerset while the other Rachel became a prisoner of Gaunt at the end of time until she was saved by her brother Nathaniel and returned to Earth-616 and not Earth-811.

1. X-Factor Vol. 1 #66
    2. Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix
    3. The Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix
    4. Cable Vol. 1 #83-86
    Last edited by Micabe; 09-20-2022 at 07:20 PM.

Fair enough... I can't argue with that logic

I know not which book that scan came from but it seems a bit incomplete -- last I checked Earth-4935 was far from peaceful well before Rachel (became two beings?) found herself stranded in the late 37th century and changed her name to Alyr'n Summerset while the other Rachel became a prisoner of Gaunt at the end of time until she was saved by her brother Nathaniel and returned to Earth-616 and not Earth-811.

1. X-Factor Vol. 1 #66
    2. Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix
    3. The Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix
    4. Cable Vol. 1 #83-86
    But all of this rachel culminates to claremont's rachel from his reboot on Uncanny which is after the stuff you posted in which he made it clear rachel was one of a kind and that no other version of her existed. So i think that takes precedent over those prior issues when it comes to defining rachel place in this current iteration as rachel did reappear younger and less experienced in that run but with her memories in tack.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But all of this rachel culminates to claremont's rachel from his reboot on Uncanny which is after the stuff you posted in which he made it clear rachel was one of a kind and that no other version of her existed. So i think that takes precedent over those prior issues when it comes to defining rachel place in this current iteration as rachel did reappear younger and less experienced in that run but with her memories in tack.
    kay, I'll accept that reasoning... But, only because you invoked the "Claremont" incantation

Bringing over a Rachel tangent from the Jean Grey Appreciation thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I wish this would make a comeback for either Jean or Rachel. I mainly just miss the imagery of the blue flames in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I just like the blue flames lol. Rachel is sporting her own flames now in Otherworld.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The fiery aura came back for Rachel. She is now codenamed Askani.
    Don't remind me. She's also a pyrokinetic instead of it being cosmic/psi-flames. Not a fan of the literal interpretation.
    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    They have not explained Rachel’s Askani powers. People don’t have to assume the worse literal interpretation. Hopefully, when we see Rachel again it will be further developed and explored.
    (more of a discussion for the Askani thread) I assume nothing about her Askani powers, only what was shown/said on panel: that Otherworld gave her fire powers along with armor for its magical reasons because that's how Rachel should look (?) in KNIGHTS OF X...
    I don't recall the Askani Cult members have explicit special powers other than those they were born with.

The change in her powers, Otherworld locals calling her "Askani" and saying her coming was of legend are newly developing.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Unused 80s Rachel costume idea by Arthur Adams.

https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...34663937220608

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Unused 80s Rachel costume idea by Arthur Adams.

https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...34663937220608
    I wish they had used this somewhere, but I see how the other design that did happen was completely different from Jean's look.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I am not encouraged by the lack of Askani-inclusion in the blurb for this latest volume, despite her inclusion the cover image be it ever so "I'm the love interest"-y...

I am not encouraged by the lack of Askani-inclusion in the blurb for this latest volume, despite her inclusion the cover image be it ever so "I'm the love interest"-y...
    I'm hoping she'll be overseeing Otherworld as kinda the new Omniversal Majestrix while Betsy sorts things out with Britain.

Fantastic Member

she looks stupid in that cover though