Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    The new uniform is a little strange, I wanted something more "x" but I will wait to see it in action, what do you think?
    I am just happy to see the possibility of that horrible uniform being changed. I'd like a better look for sure but it has to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Is that Rachel in the black costume? Did she attack and defeat Kitty and Storm?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Is that Rachel in the black costume? Did she attack and defeat Kitty and Storm?
    That is Rachel. I think this was a "clickbait" cover because she helped them or something.
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 01-13-2022 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    It’s good to see her back on Excalibur again. I just wish it was in better circumstances. Huh, you know Howard’s pulled almost every other Excalibur villain avaliable, anyone think we are going to see the Crazy Gang?
    OMG! They haven't shown up yet?! WTF?!?

That is Rachel. I think this was a "clickbait" cover because she helped them or something.
    Thank you!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Fantastic Member

Seeing the image made me dig out the issue and read it. The group there were planning on killing the Professor but Rachel triggered the trap and went all Hound for the first time in front of the X-Men when she recognized that Kitty was in trouble. Called her Kate and went off to find her. Interesting foreshadowing in this one to because of what happens when Rachel finds the group. Of all people Magneto talks her down and prevents her from killing all of them. Considering what would happen between her, Selene and Wolverine probably about 10 or 15 issues after.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    Seeing the image made me dig out the issue and read it. The group there were planning on killing the Professor but Rachel triggered the trap and went all Hound for the first time in front of the X-Men when she recognized that Kitty was in trouble. Called her Kate and went off to find her. Interesting foreshadowing in this one to because of what happens when Rachel finds the group. Of all people Magneto talks her down and prevents her from killing all of them. Considering what would happen between her, Selene and Wolverine probably about 10 or 15 issues after.
    It makes sense why it would be Magneto - at this time he was trying rehab his viewpoints and become more aligned with Charles visions and goals. Like Erik, Rachel was sent into a concentration camp and tortured by her captors. Granted, what she endured was more horrific than his experience in the Holocaust, but he as a survivor of a similar experience is able to relate to her more than anyone. So he was the best candidate to talk her down. Rachel was one big traumatic ball of energy during this time.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    It makes sense why it would be Magneto - at this time he was trying rehab his viewpoints and become more aligned with Charles visions and goals. Like Erik, Rachel was sent into a concentration camp and tortured by her captors. Granted, what she endured was more horrific than his experience in the Holocaust, but he as a survivor of a similar experience is able to relate to her more than anyone. So he was the best candidate to talk her down. Rachel was one big traumatic ball of energy during this time.
    Oh I certainly don't disagree. At the time he was the best choice and it served to enhance his heroic turn. It was perfect. Just makes you think though how Wolverine handled a very similar situation with Rachel a little later on. His solution was drastically different. How a reformed villain could talk her down while the supposed honorable hero couldn't, it's an interesting thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    Oh I certainly don't disagree. At the time he was the best choice and it served to enhance his heroic turn. It was perfect. Just makes you think though how Wolverine handled a very similar situation with Rachel a little later on. His solution was drastically different. How a reformed villain could talk her down while the supposed honorable hero couldn't, it's an interesting thing.
    It's even more interesting when Wolverine claims it's the ideal that "X-Men don't kill" as to why he tried to kill Rachel. The hypocrisy was heavy that day. To this day I don't think he has ever told Rachel that even though her methods should have been different, she ended up being right.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    It's even more interesting when Wolverine claims it's the ideal that "X-Men don't kill" as to why he tried to kill Rachel. The hypocrisy was heavy that day. To this day I don't think he has ever told Rachel that even though her methods should have been different, she ended up being right.
    Yeah the whole thing was just lousy. The hypocrisy really was heavy. Kind of goes to show you what they will do to get a character out of a book. I seem to recall there was a meeting between Logan and Rachel in an annual where they talked about what he did but it didn't feel right. She forgave him and it felt forced and wrong. To this day I think every time she sees him she should have the urge to throw him into the sun or something.

Did you guys notice Gatecrasher and the Technet in Inferno #1?

Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    Did you guys notice Gatecrasher and the Technet in Inferno #1?

I did! I believe it was confirmed that the Technet did not die in that attack (or at least not all of them). Maybe we will see them again in Knights of X??

Glad to see they still exist. Looking forward to the return of The N-Men (LOL):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Glad to see they still exist. Looking forward to the return of The N-Men (LOL):

I think that they would make a lovely addition to Nightcrawler's book lol. I really did enjoy the Technet as the comical adversaries to Excalibur. It was always interesting to see them battle each other. And Bodybag still creeps me out to this day.