Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

art by Magickmarker

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Well, if we are using in comic logic, when Rachel died at the hands of Necrom (well technically herself) the Phoenix told her upon waking that she was the "one true Phoenix". And Rachel then died again when she was the Phoenix in the future (there was no conscious at that point just her) and was revived. But it has all changed with the number of writers who have altered the mythos of the Phoenix. I don't think anyone can be THE Phoenix as it is a cosmic entity that cannot be killed. It can only possess or pass on it's power, but in the case of the latter of the host dies it goes back to the cosmic being.
    Mother Askani still has Phoenix powers, even after death. Honestly, early plans for House of X had Rachel in the red and gold Phoenix costume, and when Mother Askani snapped Rachel out of her brainwashing Rachel spoke in the Phoenix bubbles. But Rachel got the shaft when the Avengers office decided to make Echo Phoenix. Which is lame. If Jean didn't want to be Phoenix, they should have let it be Rachel.

What pissed me off is Rachel took the codename Phoenix to honor her mother and make amends for what her mother did. She gave the codename Phoenix back to Jean, for Jean to remember the fight. Touching full circle. So only either Jean or Rachel should use the name Phoenix or be Phoenix.

But whatever. Rachel still rocks.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanks MAR420X
    I LOVE THIS!!

I see her Phoenix Hound costume, her X-Factor costume, her Marvel Girl costume, her WatX costume, part of her shortlived Dark Phoenix costume, and her OG Phoenix costume. I think we're only missing her Starjammer look.

E75AE0C4-2520-4BA9-BEC4-CA07D8991192.jpg

Rachel with a little Phoenix raptor : )

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post

Pretty awesome.

Maybe it is just me but I think they should bring the Phoenix Five concept back and just split the Phoenix Force in order to give it to: Jean, Rachel, Hope, Madelyne, and Cable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Pretty awesome.

Maybe it is just me but I think they should bring the Phoenix Five concept back and just split the Phoenix Force in order to give it to: Jean, Rachel, Hope, Madelyne, and Cable.
    I'd be okay with that, perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Pretty awesome.

I agree if there are going to be more than one Phoenix then they should have done it with Jean, Rachel, and folks associated with them. I'd go as far as Quire but I'd have kept it with the X-men. The avengers stuff is frustrating. How awesome would it have been to see Jean and Rachel wielding the Phoenix together and doing impactful things with it?

Anyway, here is hoping Tini Howard will do good by Rachel (and I think she will just going by prior use). Do we think we will see an actual romantic involvement between Betsy and Rachel or just a deep friendship? Which do we want for Rachel?

as others have pointed out online, This cover depicts Rachel and Betsy on tarot card VI, also known as "The Lovers" card

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I agree if there are going to be more than one Phoenix then they should have done it with Jean, Rachel, and folks associated with them. I'd go as far as Quire but I'd have kept it with the X-men. The avengers stuff is frustrating. How awesome would it have been to see Jean and Rachel wielding the Phoenix together and doing impactful things with it?

Anyway, here is hoping Tini Howard will do good by Rachel (and I think she will just going by prior use). Do we think we will see an actual romantic involvement between Betsy and Rachel or just a deep friendship? Which do we want for Rachel?
    I think the 'keep it in the family' Phoenix team would be the fan favourite for nostalgia sake. But if they did the Rainbow Lanterns corps version of Phoenix representation, that might be more equitable and logical. The Phoenix is way too Earth-centric, there are trillions of worthy hosts out there in the universe. I still prefer the 'chosen one' version we have now... less to keep track of.

Regarding the potential Betsy and Rachel romantic relationship... they both have done much worse. Both of them have mental health issues and that should be addressed before they commit to any relationship. lol. For Rachel, we would want her to have a good friend for sure, even with a sociopathic serial killer like Betsy. The relationship/dialogue Claremont started between them, almost 20 years ago, was fun... I just hope they remain equals here and Rachel is past that 'mommy issue' related clingy-ness.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Magickmarker

link please

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    link please
    https://twitter.com/amadcartoonist/s...48896410488835

Also please note that they don't go by the moniker "Magickmarker", please use amadcartoonist to give them the right cred. His first name is Max

https://twitter.com/amadcartoonist/status/1021060957823356928
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 03-14-2022 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    She looks beaaautiful ��

She looks beaaautiful ��
    Bob Q is KILLING it