Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I did! I believe it was confirmed that the Technet did not die in that attack (or at least not all of them). Maybe we will see them again in Knights of X??
    If they died, I'm pretty sure they will be revealed as mutants and resurrected. It would make no sense otherwise to send them into one of those suicide missions.
    Last edited by niconico00; 01-19-2022 at 08:52 AM.
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    If they died, I'm pretty sure they will be revealed as mutants and resurrected. It would make no sense otherwise to send them into those suicide missions.
    They were noted as being hired to do so, so not as agents of Krakoa (like X-Force) but instead mercs hired to do assaults.

Incredible Member

Anyone ready "X-Lives of Wolverine" yet? They have Egg-X and Jean sending Logan's consciousness to the past. It reminded me of Rachel's initial appearance of sending Kate/Kitty to the past and starting "Days of Future Past".

I only saw the preview and that was the first thing I noticed. It's not like Jean hasn't done something similar before (she and Xavier sent Cab;e's consciousness back to stop Legion before AoA started) but Rachel is the most proficient and would have made more sense. Also Percy has a hard-on for really pushing Wolverine and Jean so it's another way to shove that "coupling" in our face. So yeah, Ray would have been better but whatevs, it's not like I was going to buy the series even if Rachel was in it.

spoilers:
    Sending people's consciousness into the timestream is Rachel's primary ability. There was no need for Xavier, Jean and Cerebro.
    end of spoilers
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Fantastic Member

Pretty quiet here the past week or so. Are we just waiting for Rachel to appear again? There was a decent shout out in Marauders Annual last week. Well her name was mentioned. I've been trying to catch up on Oh Gosh Oh Golly pod as they approach issue 50.

Darick Robertson
    No memory of creating this piece. Fun fact: One of my biggest regrets was passing on the offer to draw this book monthly when Alan Davis left. I just thought the shoes were too big to fill and also they hadn’t decided on a writer. I passed and that writer turned out to be Ellis.

https://twitter.com/DarickR/status/1490736325519020040
    Last edited by juan678; 02-07-2022 at 02:45 PM.

Darick Robertson

I did a little fill-in work on issue #71, which was what led to the offer...

https://twitter.com/DarickR/status/1490768295598821379

Now I remember the other reason I passed. They were going to change up the team.

https://twitter.com/DarickR/status/1490768634787950592

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Darick Robertson
    Now I remember the other reason I passed. They were going to change up the team.
    A completely different sword was drawn! A shame Rachel was written out. She and Pete Wisdom would have been a house on fire.
    I still look back on those issues of the All-Female X-MEN title where they had her have a flirtation with Sublime and re-draw that as Pete Wisdom.

Last edited by Thirteen; 02-08-2022 at 12:31 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    A completely different sword was drawn! A shame Rachel was written out. She and Pete Wisdom would have been a house on fire.
    I still look back on those issues of the All-Female X-MEN title where they had her have a flirtation with Sublime and re-draw that as Pete Wisdom.

I can not for the life of me understand how THIS plot point was approved, set aside all the unnecessary implications of dating your mom's murderer. But why John Sublime, of all the options for Rachel why him?

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I can not for the life of me understand how THIS plot point was approved, set aside all the unnecessary implications of dating your mom's murderer. But why John Sublime, of all the options for Rachel why him?
    I always wonder the same, who approved this idea? I don’t know, the man is literally a bacteria lmao why is he dating ANYONE XD

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    For real. Like, it literally never ever made sense to me how she would be interested in him knowing he killed Jean. I can't fathom how it was pitched or approved, but clearly she was viewed as a throw away character during this run. I would have loved to see her follow up with Red Lotus, as there was some attraction happening there. But her track record hasn't been the greatest either:

- Franklin Richards
    - Ahab/Rory Campbell
    - Red Lotus
    - Korvus
    - Sublime
    - Kurt
    - maybe Betsy now

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    - Franklin Richards
    - Ahab/Rory Campbell
    - Red Lotus
    - Korvus
    - Sublime
    - Kurt
    - maybe Betsy now
    - Franklin Richards - I like Scrapper and Rachel because their love story is one of the great tragedies of the X-Men line, Days of Future Present is a beautifully sad story
    - Ahab/Rory Campbell - Given that Rory never became Ahab, he maybe became Famine but maybe that was also just Ahab, I think this one can be excused
    - Red Lotus - This guy's just a character in general with a lot of potential
    - Sublime - I agree with you, just disgusting
    - Kurt - Very weird given that he's her godfather in her timeline, but Kate was like her mom in that one so....
    - Betsy - I doubt anything will come from this, it seems Tini is going for another Claremontian subtext situation unless they're going for a coming out as bi moment between them

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    - Franklin Richards - I like Scrapper and Rachel because their love story is one of the great tragedies of the X-Men line, Days of Future Present is a beautifully sad story
    So this is how I was introduced to Rachel, during the "Days of Future Present" annual event. My best friend at the time had been collecting comics and showed me Uncanny X-Men Annual #14 and i just fell in love with Rachel. There were elements of her story I dealt with myself and just loved reading the tragedy that was her past and her romance with Scrapper. I longed for something more to come out of it, but I think it was her greatest love and helped define her. I don;t think we'll ever need to retread it but such joy and emotion.

- Ahab/Rory Campbell - Given that Rory never became Ahab, he maybe became Famine but maybe that was also just Ahab, I think this one can be excused
    So here's where I disagree with you in some respect. Yes, Rory and Ahab were too different people initially. But there was an element of Stockholm Syndrome can't be ignored, and Ellis was definitely playing that up....especially when he reviewed in Excalibur 75 that one of Rory's possible future's was to be Ahab. After selling Legacy Virus information to the Hellfire Club for a new leg, he became susceptible to Apocalypse and became Famine. Mikhail teleported them away, but for some reason I thought he eventually merged with Ahab leading into Uncanny Avengers and then Axis. I say that because the Ahab that was in Uncanny Avengers was solely focused on Havok and said that Havok was his greatest enemy, yet Rachel was there in the X-Men at the time and never brought her up once. So for me I thought because Kang was involved heavily in the Red Onslaught and AXIS event, that Kang created a paradox by making Ahab a 616 person. He's disappeared since then and the Ahab we saw in Extermination is Rachel's timeline 811.

- Red Lotus - This guy's just a character in general with a lot of potential
    Agreed, I was always interested in seeing more about him as I left comics when Rachel did.

- Sublime - I agree with you, just disgusting
    So weird. Literally so weird, but given how they played out Rory and Rachel it pulls at a similar thread.

- Kurt - Very weird given that he's her godfather in her timeline, but Kate was like her mom in that one so....
    Claremont laid the groundwork here in Uncanny and it NEVER made any sense to me. So once Guggenheim really pushed it in Gold I think it forever damaged their friendship and relationship from that point forward. I don't think I've seen Kurt and Rachel interact since and he didn't even care she went missing after the events of Extermination.

- Betsy - I doubt anything will come from this, it seems Tini is going for another Claremontian subtext situation unless they're going for a coming out as bi moment between them
    Well I disagree here. Leah set the groundwork for Rachel exploring her interest in women in X-Factor, and Tini set some nods to their closeness (that Claremont kinda played with in Uncanny first) in the beginning of her Excalibur run and after the Malice drama, and tipped her hat even more with them at the end of Excalibur leading into Knights of X. So I am not shocked if things developed between them. I'm not upset either lol.