Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Please take him out of Superman’s Rogues Gallery and give him to Vic
    That could work well. Maybe don't turn Henshaw into Vic's "permanent" nemesis necessarily, but similar to how Zod fought Hal in Hal 'N Pals and it was great.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-19-2022 at 06:15 AM.

I wonder if they'll bring Grid back...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'll bring Grid back...
    I wonder if they’ll bring Ron Evers, Variant or the Cyborg Revenge Squad back.

Just heard about a new Cyborg book coming. I am intrigued.

Fantastic Member

Hopefully, this new Cyborg ongoing can, at the very least, get Cyborg to have a foundation as a solo hero. I've read all of his other previous solo books, and they were actually quite good. The problem was that DC editorial refused to let anything stick. So hopefully, Cyborg can, finally, have a mythos and a supporting cast that sticks.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyFan View Post
    Hopefully, this new Cyborg ongoing can, at the very least, get Cyborg to have a foundation as a solo hero. I've read all of his other previous solo books, and they were actually quite good. The problem was that DC editorial refused to let anything stick. So hopefully, Cyborg can, finally, have a mythos and a supporting cast that sticks.
    Unless DC gets one of their top writers like a Joshua Williamson, Geoff Johns, etc type on the character, not a lot of people will pay attention to any status quo changes sadly. And that goes true for any B/C level character.

Great villain is always a plus. My thing is, can we finally un-tin can Vic and get back to the cool synthetic flesh over partial metal aesthetic that Walker planned for Vic. Let's see real advanced tech would upgrade him so that he could almost pass as human, while still maintaining powers from his cyborg form. If this new book keeps his old robo-box bot form then it's telegraphic D.C. not having the courage to let Victor really become one of their cool heroes.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Usually when a character gets a new run that means getting a new look so hopefully Vic gets a new look for this

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Wait a minute my bad, I was thinking of the 2015 David F. Walker book with Ivan Reis art.

I didn't read the 2016 John Semper Jr. and Will Conrad run that succeeded it. I actually didn't know he had a second book after that.
    That David Walker run is when I threw the series down the drain. Editorial made the mistake of running from upgrading Victor to look close to human while still being a highly advanced cyborg. They killed me with the slow walk back to tin can man, just for the book to be ended anyway. Granted, Walker could've came up with some better villains along with better pacing i was willing to give the book a chance.
    Last edited by dkrook; 11-23-2022 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyFan View Post

Silas, Sarah Charles and Dr. Morrow are the only characters that stuck but he does need some people outside of Star Labs.

I would love to see Exxy and Black Narcissus return from the previous run.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    That David Walker run is when I threw the series down the drain. Editorial made the mistake of running from upgrading Victor to look close to human while still being a highly advanced cyborg. They killed me with the slow walk back to tin can man, just for the book to be ended anyway. Granted, Walker could've came up with some better villains along with better pacing i was willing to give the book a chance.
    Was it this design?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Was it this design?

That was actually his new base form. He was progressively evolving beyond even this body form. His internal tech code was rewriting to give him synthetic but life like hair and flesh. Narratively he said he still wanted to keep the facade of aforementioned "new" Cyborg body until he could come to terms with his new "human" aesthetic. You got me ready to go find that old series just to reread it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborguy View Post
    Silas, Sarah Charles and Dr. Morrow are the only characters that stuck but he does need some people outside of Star Labs.

I would love to see Exxy and Black Narcissus return from the previous run.
    I would add Dr Will Magnus and the Metal Men as well

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Unless DC gets one of their top writers like a Joshua Williamson, Geoff Johns, etc type on the character, not a lot of people will pay attention to any status quo changes sadly. And that goes true for any B/C level character.
    Actually it's not.

A lot of the issues start with editorial. Who will pick and choose what they ignore.

The X-Office acted like Black Panther Ike Turnered the mess out of Storm.

Editorial forgot Jason can't be in Firestorm and Doomsday Clock acted like he never was Firestorm.

Meanwhile everyone seems to notice Miles Morales has a new outfit on.

The reason Cyborg can't get a new look was because Dan and Johns and Lee felt the look they gave him was too iconic to get rid of.

Meanwhile everyone else has changed outfits and looks over the past 30 years. Except Cyborg.

Maybe those changes will stick if editorial makes an effort to hire writers who WANT to do the books along with EDITORS who want to do their job.

While Cyborg had the writers-he did not have the editorial support. Remember those last two runs had the same editor as Static Shock in New 52. Which is why he's a former editor that no company wants to hire.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    That was actually his new base form. He was progressively evolving beyond even this body form. His internal tech code was rewriting to give him synthetic but life like hair and flesh. Narratively he said he still wanted to keep the facade of aforementioned "new" Cyborg body until he could come to terms with his new "human" aesthetic. You got me ready to go find that old series just to reread it.
    If you do reread it, try to post an image of that new form

I'm curious what it looks like