Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To me it feels weird when they try to pretend their friendship doesn't exist.

I'm already missing their relationship in Young Justice when we're stuck on the Beast Boy depression arc.
    To be fair no one seems to care about bb the except perdita

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    To be fair no one seems to care about bb the except perdita
    Yeah, nobody's been really handling it well.

Incredible Member

Honestly while I do like Beast Boy/Cyborg's relationship, I feel like it's more damaging that they are the only relationship that DC feels like the two characters should have. It feels limiting that we don't get to see them play off other heroes in the DC Universe. The fact we're just getting a team up book between Aquaman and Flash as well as Aquaman and Green Lantern is very indicative of that. I would think it'd be interesting to see Cyborg play off Firestorm, Green Arrow, Static, or other heroes. The concept of the book is kind of interesting (even if it's the same man vs machine story), but honestly it sucks more that we aren't getting a Cyborg story at all now.

But hopefully Miss Martian returning would make an impact of Beast Boy's mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    Honestly while I do like Beast Boy/Cyborg's relationship, I feel like it's more damaging that they are the only relationship that DC feels like the two characters should have. It feels limiting that we don't get to see them play off other heroes in the DC Universe. The fact we're just getting a team up book between Aquaman and Flash as well as Aquaman and Green Lantern is very indicative of that. I would think it'd be interesting to see Cyborg play off Firestorm, Green Arrow, Static, or other heroes. The concept of the book is kind of interesting (even if it's the same man vs machine story), but honestly it sucks more that we aren't getting a Cyborg story at all now.

But hopefully Miss Martian returning would make an impact of Beast Boy's mental health.
    Well, outside TTG! it's not like we've really seen their relationship prominently displayed otherwise aside from Gar pushing Vic to be a hero in YJ season 3 or Cyborg bonding with an AU Gar in his comic.

Vic showed up on the last page of Naomi Season 2 #2.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cool to hear .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is that considered regressive?

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Is that considered regressive?
    He fell in Bendis' hands.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I know it's supposed to be a kids movie but I really don't like Vic's design on the new Krypto movie.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I know it's supposed to be a kids movie but I really don't like Vic's design on the new Krypto movie.
    Is it the body type or the Afro?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Is it the body type or the Afro?
    I gotta say it's the afro
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I don't mind Cyborg's look in the Super-Pets movie, I think Aquaman and even Jessica look way more ridiculous.

Spectacular Member

I am curious, DC or Geoff Johns have explained why they choose to replace Martian Manhunter by Cyborg in the founding members ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    I am curious, DC or Geoff Johns have explained why they choose to replace Martian Manhunter by Cyborg in the founding members ?
    He said it's because the League needed a tech guy, as if Batman didn't exist. The real reason is that a Justice League with all white people and one green guy wouldn't fly in the modern era after the more diverse DCAU version.

And no, Martian Manhunter is not Black. He's either Green or whatever color is convenient for him at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    The official explanation was he wanted to modernize the League by having a tech guy on the team. The actual explanation is they wanted to modernize the team by not having the entire founding line-up consist of white people (and a green alien).