Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

i prefer to see vickori as an official thing. but im open to raveborg as a thing too, even wonderborg works for me. just give the poor guy a hot superhero female for a FREAKIN change. they screwed us out of the victor/sarah simms romance in the 80s. and after the rwby/jl crossover im pro weissborg and now they are going to have a movie next year.
    Last edited by kefkaroth; 07-05-2022 at 10:19 PM.

I talked to David Walker at a Comic Con and he talked about how hard it was to convince Didio, Johns, and TPTB that aspects of Cyborg are problematic if he’s going to be the company’s most prominent POC. He and Reis had to fight really hard to get that amazing redesign and new direction. Damn I loved that version. Truly a modern tech god hero. But it’s not surprising that DC changed him right back after that Walker series ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I talked to David Walker at a Comic Con and he talked about how hard it was to convince Didio, Johns, and TPTB that aspects of Cyborg are problematic if he’s going to be the company’s most prominent POC. He and Reis had to fight really hard to get that amazing redesign and new direction. Damn I loved that version. Truly a modern tech god hero. But it’s not surprising that DC changed him right back after that Walker series ended.
    Truly a damn shame how much DC squandered cyborgs potential.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    With how sophisticated technology is in the DC universe it just doesn't make sense to me he would walk around with a mutilated face. He can still look relatively normal and still be a cyborg. Works for the Terminator lol. It's not fair that they stick him next to Batman, Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman and Aquaman and they are the pinnacle of good looks abd the black man is mutilated. He can still be part machine with a redesign. I don't know why DC interferes with Walker's work- if Johns cares so much then why didn't he write Cyborg? It was his idea to put him on the League I'm assuming.

Quote Originally Posted by kefkaroth View Post
    i prefer to see vickori as an official thing. but im open to raveborg as a thing too, even wonderborg works for me. just give the poor guy a hot superhero female for a FREAKIN change. they screwed us out of the victor/sarah simms romance in the 80s. and after the rwby/jl crossover im pro weissborg and now they are going to have a movie next year.
    All cool pairs. I just really ship Vic & Raven hard!

The irony is Cyborg's arguably most atrocious design is the current one and that's despite that the former higher-ups haven't been there for years. The fact that these current people haven't changed him yet shows they don't seem to think much more of him than the other folks did, the only difference being they don't have to worry about it since they clearly don't care about pushing him. Seems like as long as he is "back where he belongs", his character design is no longer of any relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    With how sophisticated technology is in the DC universe it just doesn't make sense to me he would walk around with a mutilated face. He can still look relatively normal and still be a cyborg. Works for the Terminator lol. It's not fair that they stick him next to Batman, Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman and Aquaman and they are the pinnacle of good looks abd the black man is mutilated. He can still be part machine with a redesign. I don't know why DC interferes with Walker's work- if Johns cares so much then why didn't he write Cyborg? It was his idea to put him on the League I'm assuming.
    Thank you! If Cyborg was going to be a part of the big seven he should’ve had a solo right out the gate. But then again I always suspected that Cyborg was put on the league so that John’s could have one Black person on the roster without using John Stewart, since Johns is a Hal Jordan fanboy.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Thank you! If Cyborg was going to be a part of the big seven he should’ve had a solo right out the gate. But then again I always suspected that Cyborg was put on the league so that John’s could have one Black person on the roster without using John Stewart, since Johns is a Hal Jordan fanboy.
    This got old a long time ago. Hal was booted from the JL in 2012, a full decade ago, while Cyborg remained there all the way until they sent him back to the Titans recently. If he was only there because of Hal, they had no obligation to still keep him there for so long after Hal was gone and yet they did. This is about DC's idiotic "only one black character in the JL" rule, which is clearly still the case to this day even after the former higher-ups have been gone.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-06-2022 at 05:45 AM.

Geoff Johns really screwed Stewart. I remember working at retail around the time the Green Lantern film came out and I couldn't tell you how many people were puzzled by Green Lantern being white. I read comics so I wasn't one of them. After the Justice League cartoon launched Stewart into sma star he should've kept his place among the big 7 especially since Hal Jordan wasn't Green Lantern at the time of his popularity...but that's just my worthless opinion lol. Johns didn't even try with Victor. If he wanted a black guy he should've had a series right out the gate written by him. He should've saw it to it that Cyborg got over since he was a big name writer with great creative influence in DC. That's why I hold my opinion that Cyborg was only there to screw Stewart and shut his fans up. I'm not saying he didn't like Cyborg but there was no real effort to elevate him into icon status.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    This got old a long time ago. Hal was booted from the JL in 2012, a full decade ago, while Cyborg remained there all the way until they sent him back to the Titans recently. If he was only there because of Hal, they had no obligation to still keep him there for so long after Hal was gone and yet they did. This is about DC's idiotic "only one black character in the JL" rule, which is clearly still the case to this day even after the former higher-ups have been gone.
    The argument was he wanted Hal to be the face of the Green Lanterns whether he was there or not. I remember Stewart being included in games like Justice League Heroes - and as Johns rose to power he and Didio seem to have it out for Stewart and Jordan started appearing in all other forms of media.

Well, aren't both Stewart & Stone part of the Justice League - or weren't they recently? Since Jordan was having his own series why couldn't Stewart be part of the JLA the way Snyder did it - or Tom Taylor did it in the JLA/Power Rangers crossover? Hal's the man, right? He's already the greatest Lantern ever live according to his fans so why not let Stewart shine? Johns never did. He wrote Stewart with empty calories. Now I'm no expert on the Lanterns so if in wrong feel free to correct me.

The argument was he wanted Hal to be the face of the Green Lanterns whether he was there or not. I remember Stewart being included in games like Justice League Heroes - and as Johns rose to power he and Didio seem to have it out for Stewart and Jordan started appearing in all other forms of media.

Well, aren't both Stewart & Stone part of the Justice League - or weren't they recently? Since Jordan was having his own series why couldn't Stewart be part of the JLA the way Snyder did it - or Tom Taylor did it in the JLA/Power Rangers crossover? Hal's the man, right? He's already the greatest Lantern ever live according to his fans so why not let Stewart shine? Johns never did. He wrote Stewart with empty calories. Now I'm no expert on the Lanterns so if in wrong feel free to correct me.
    He appeared in other forms of media because his book was outselling not only big DC titles but also big Marvel titles at the time. The notion that Hal's big push was only some big vanity pet project holds no weight and the numbers didn't lie.

The New-52 came out in 2011, the same year the GL movie did, it stands to reason to believe they didn't think it was practical to keep Hal out of the JL roster for the time being(they wrote him out the following year after the second arc wrapped up). While Cyborg was already planned to be in the JL before the New-52 started as well so I imagine he was already being groomed to be their premier POC hero at the time even before they went along with the New-52. Now I'm not qualified to speak on Geoff Johns' motivations towards certain characters or who he did or didn't choose to feature in his books based on how he did or didn't feel about them, what I can speak on is the push Hal got wasn't unwarranted and when you build a character like that into one of your best-selling heroes, it makes sense to ride that momentum instead of not fully prioritizing him because of one popular show.

Either way, that time has long been over due to WB's embarrassing incompetence, something I imagine you must be very happy about. What you should hope for now is they don't end up botching your favorite GL's push the way they did with both Hal Jordan and Cyborg's pushes, and if they do, that they are just as "stubborn" about pushing him as you previously claimed that people like Geoff Johns were "stubborn" about pushing Hal.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-06-2022 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    He appeared in other forms of media because his book was outselling not only big DC titles but also big Marvel titles at the time. The notion that Hal's big push was only some big vanity pet project holds no weight and the numbers didn't lie.

The New-52 came out in 2011, the same year the GL movie did, it stands to reason to believe they didn't think it was practical to keep Hal out of the JL roster for the time being(they wrote him out the following year after the second arc wrapped up). While Cyborg was already planned to be in the JL before the New-52 started as well so I imagine he was already being groomed to be their premier POC hero at the time even before they went along with the New-52. Now I'm not qualified to speak on Geoff Johns' motivations towards certain characters or who he did or didn't choose to feature in his books based on how he did or didn't feel about them, what I can speak on is the push Hal got wasn't unwarranted and when you build a character like that into one of your best-selling heroes, it makes sense to ride that momentum instead of not fully prioritizing him because of one popular show.

Either way, that time has long been over due to WB's embarrassing incompetence, something I imagine you must be very happy about. What you should hope for now is they don't end up botching your favorite GL's push the way they did with both Hal Jordan and Cyborg's pushes, and if they do, that they are just as "stubborn" about pushing him as you previously claimed that people like Geoff Johns were "stubborn" about pushing Hal.
    I see your points. I wish Stewart the best and I hope he's utilized properly. This debate with Geoff Johns has been done to death and I don't think a Cyborg appreciation is the proper place for another. I agree with some of what you said but I strongly disagree with a lot but I'll leave it at that.

I see your points. I wish Stewart the best and I hope he's utilized properly. This debate with Geoff Johns has been done to death and I don't think a Cyborg appreciation is the proper place for another. I agree with some of what you said but I strongly disagree with a lot but I'll leave it at that.
    Fair enough and perfectly understandable.

Daveed Diggs will be playing Cyborg in the upcoming super pets movie.
    9DD4CFC5-1EF9-4CDD-979B-DFCF1449DB40.jpg
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Daveed Diggs will be playing Cyborg in the upcoming super pets movie.
    9DD4CFC5-1EF9-4CDD-979B-DFCF1449DB40.jpg
    And I just watched Hamilton on Disney+ .