Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
I believe dc is already heading in this direction but with a new generation Justice League, what that roster will look like we'll see.
You mean like the Future State roster? I don't know what they're doing with the JL when Bendis leaves but I could totally see them leaning in that direction. I think it's pretty likely Jon will take his father's place on the roster if nothing else.

Maybe a FS type of roster would sell, I did enjoy the mini. But I dunno if that'd work long term; it was just a team of Big 7 legacies and I'm not convinced that would be seen as anything other than Justice League Junior, and how long would fans roll with that before demanding the "real" League back? Feels more like a short-term change of pace than a JSA --> JLA paradigm shift yknow?

I think if DC were to try something like we're talking about, the League would have to remain Clark, Bruce, Diana, Barry, etc. There would still need to be a Big 7 League title on the shelf, with all the familiar faces. If the JLA were to go cosmic and leave earth in the hands of the next generation, and DC wanted to actually make that stick, the new group would need a different name and a roster/modus operandi that wasn't just a legacy copy of the Big 7 or a League B-title.

Like, just as an example of a possible approach; you could use a core cast of Nightwing, WallyFlash, Cyborg, Power Girl, Yara Flor, Jon Kent, Vixen, and Naomi, and then build a large "JLU cartoon" type of team around that (with rotating issues/arcs using a few core members and a few fringe ones) and present them as a team which, unlike the League that only tackles one big problem at a time, has the reach to be in many different places at once handling many types of threats. Have them do more social outreach than the League did. Call the book "Justice Legion" or something.

Any attempt to move a new group into the League's position as earth's greatest heroes and get fans to embrace that would be a big challenge and require DC to actually invest and put effort into it long-term, so it's probably next to impossible (even with the League still being around, just off world). But I think if you tried to emulate the JSA ---> JLA "passing of the torch" vibe, it might have a slim chance of succeeding.