We are reaching the endgame now...or should we be calling it the beginning given the title. Also it's the beginning of Jackson becoming Aquaman before the Aquamen series. I guess it would be more appropriate to say we are at the end of Aqualad and the beginning of Aquaman. Yeah that works.

Anyway after last issue the whole Hyde family dynamic is a bit on the rocks. Jackson thinks his mother is a horrible terrorist but is also feeling kind of bad about that because he does love his mother after all and things are kind of uncomfortable around his newly discovered sister who has beating on him throughout the miniseries and is now acting all nice. Well nice isn't exactly the word, they are talking is what I should say because Delilah is arguing with him about their mother and Atlantic politics and the people of Xebel. Basically Delilah is arguing that Xebel has real problems and they need an Aquaman like Jackson especially since he's half Xebelian. He even gets the chance when he saves an underwater school bus of kids from criminals, and he even gets the chance to talk it out with his Atlantis boyfriend that maybe Jackson can do a lot for the people of Xebel as their Aquaman. It's actually kind of nice and no doubt is establishing what Jackson is going to be doing in the Aquamen series, a sort of Xebel anti-government freedom fighter and hero for the people.

But before we get to that Jackson has a bigger problem, that being the Xebelian resistance who he learns from his mother are planning to attack the peace conference where Mera will be. So it's time for Jackson to step up as Aquaman if he wants to save his friends and mentors and just maybe save the Xebelian people along the way.

Honestly I think this has been a great run for Jackson, showing at his core who he is and why he is perfect to be Aquaman even when its a shared title. Brandon Thomas has done a great job on this run and I can't wait to see how it ends.